Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Actually...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kings Stray Clarissabelle

Lonely Scamp

20,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 am
I know. The title doesn't seem as if it would lead to the topic I'm about to bring up.

As a child especially, I used to see a while rabbit running around my backyard. (No, it wasn't because I over-read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I didn't read that until I was in my junior year of high school.) He/She would run up close, but as soon as I started to turn my head, it would run off. And as my head reached the point that I would be looking this rabbit straight in the eyes, it would completely vanish. Although, I know I could have followed this rabbit to where ever it went, I never did. And I have a feeling it meant no harm, even now.

Thinking about it for many years, I've written down all the reasons it could show itself to me in this manner, but I want to know/learn about legends or myths concerning white rabbits and what the represent in these situations. Simply because I am curious. Thank you for your time.

Timberly Hope Valentine (AKA: The Fox)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:08 pm
Hello?  

Lonely Scamp

20,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
  • Magical Gems 500

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:20 pm
strange
i couldn't find any relevant myths or legends about it.
could just be the ghost of a rabbit but i really don’t know.

funny that you said “the fox” since you are talking about a rabbit  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 pm
Hmm...could of been a friendly trickster or common spirit that was just attracted to you.

Perhaps Alicia in Wonderland was based on this same myth or type of event. I would suggest shapeshifter myths. Most likely the ones that include good or just friendly spirits.

My first results leads to spirit animals/totems or Jiibayaabooz, a rabbit spirit trickster from Ojibwe mythology that can be found in Abenaki mythology.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Lonely Scamp

20,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Married 100
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:45 pm
Dalcain
Hmm...could of been a friendly trickster or common spirit that was just attracted to you.

Perhaps Alicia in Wonderland was based on this same myth or type of event. I would suggest shapeshifter myths. Most likely the ones that include good or just friendly spirits.

My first results leads to spirit animals/totems or Jiibayaabooz, a rabbit spirit trickster from Ojibwe mythology that can be found in Abenaki mythology.

neko-mata-01
strange
i couldn't find any relevant myths or legends about it.
could just be the ghost of a rabbit but i really don’t know.

funny that you said “the fox” since you are talking about a rabbit

I looked up 'Jiibayaabooz' as you did, Dalcain, and indeed, there is a lot that is similar to that of what I'm speaking. It is interesting that my nickname is The Fox. (I explained it in my introduction how I got the nickname, I think. But I can explain it again, if you want. Though, it's rather short.) I will continue researching it in hopes of expanding my knowledge. Thank you for your replies.

Timberly Hope Valentine (AKA: The Fox)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:49 pm
Now you have intrigued me to learn of the origin of your nickname. I must go searching.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items