Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Wicca ! Any one interested? Read here. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:03 pm
Ok.. so i know alot of people who are really interested in wicca and the practices of witchcraft and probably dont know allot about it or dont really know where to begin..
i actually decided to make this post to clarify a bit about the topic and to clear out alot of confusion going around between people and discussions.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:14 pm
The History on wicca:

Witchcraft has been a practice long even before Christianity was even in existence. There is a HUGE gaping difference between new age Wicca and the Old Religion. the old religion meaning the older practice of The craft.

Because of society and Hollywood critics and movies.. the way people view witches.. is of bad people sometimes on a broom stick, flying and looking for innocent people to cast a hex on. -__-

Let me just clear this off. if your a TRUE witch. you would know that anything you do to some one. wether it be Harm or do Good. will come back to you Three-fold.
Meaning. three times harder.

And now and days after people saw that the casualties for wiccan practitioners have grown and escalated because of Hollywoods movie making about witches they decided to make shows and stuff making wiccans seem as good people. and THATS what they are. wiccans are NOT evil.

wiccans are NOT:
- Judgemental
- Racist
- evil at heart or at mind
- crazy
- ugly (meaning we do not cary warts and a long nose) -_-
- any negativity

No. if you bother to look into wicca you would see this.

Wicca is an Earth-Based religion. if we harm earth or anything on earth at all. its like hurting mother earth her self.

wich is why witches DONT harm none.
As the wiccan rede says.

'Do as ye will and harm None''

Full Version of the Wiccan Rede (Found Here)

The wiccan rede is What witches follow to be TRUE witches. its almost like the ULTIMATE rule.

And that comes to show that witchcraft is not an evil practice. it doesnt deal with messing with demons and the devil. no. it doesnt deal with killing babys for sacrifices. -_- no. its actually a practice thats been used to better lives. to use earth as the ultimate healer.
to be happy and appreciate and accept the good and the bad in our lives. to BE happy.  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:18 pm
Wicca is not an earth based religion. Wiccans worship both the lord and the lady. And an it harm none, does not mean no harm at all. It's ADVICE!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:28 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Wicca is not an earth based religion. Wiccans worship both the lord and the lady. And an it harm none, does not mean no harm at all. It's ADVICE!

Wicca is a practice of the study of the Elements. wich all reside in the Earth. witches all over have even said that its an Earth Religion. They worship the the Lord and Lady as a Whole. The Divine wich represents both feminine and masculine energies. the universe and everything made up of the Lord and Lady

They worship nature as a Whole Divine. respecting mother earth. There for making it an Earth religion  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:35 pm
ABOUT SPELLS:

For those of you who are planning on becomming wiccan.. you can believe me when i say this.

you dont need 100 bucks and waste money on things for wicca. you actually dont need a huge knife. a big couldren. a huge.. box of ritual tools. no. cuz those items are just.. tools. the TRUEEEE power. comes from within. a person can pray in the middle of a street. you dont see him/her taking a huge table out. getting the incense and stuff just for that.. nope.

Oh !.. and let me tell you this. dont bother getting spells from websites. thats all a waste of time. ESPECIALLY if there bribing you to pay them for a spell. i mean really?

they made up those spells. so what do you think YOU can do. MAKE UP YOUR OWN SPELLS ! a spell only works great. from the person who made it first. cuz YOU know how to work it. YOU know how to do the magic. No one else does..
So if im EVER to give ANY ONE a spell. its gonna be a SPELLING on telling you to create your own spells (LOL)

You can create a spell with something as simple as a leaf. and a spell is written traditionally in rhyme. like a chant. and a chant is like a prayer thats done in rituals and etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 pm
Introduction:

Merry meet !
To all my new beginners and beautiful people. (YES WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY WAY)

What ever any one feels comftorble adressing me as if ok with me. But you can call me Adrian. Im 16 years of age and ive been practicing wicca for over 3 years now. and im talking about NON stop practice.

I have a hispanic background of a P.R family, Father from P.R and mom born and raised in the U.S but with a family from P.R as well.

i guess ille tell you guys a bit of how i became wiccan..if.. you dont mind. =]

*pulls up a table and sits on it, speaking to you all*

well. it once started back seventh grade. when i had gotten held over for the first time. i met these cool new girls. that were always hanging around eachother alot.. before i met them i knew from the start that witchcraft was 'Evil' or atleast..thats what i had in my mind all the time. but even as i thought it was 'evil' i still looked it up and read about it all the time =]

i first started with being interested in Herbal Healing. then got into Shamanism and at the same time started learning about Alchemy.. then i got into Necromancy.. and then into Witchcraft in all levels. and that was when i found out that they all had there own little link to witchcraft in there own way

Shamanism with the Spirits of animals. Necromancy with Death. Alchemy with Potions and tinctures and healing. Herbal healing with uses the earth to preserve a better life.

Soon enough i found out that wicca was like the celebration of enjoying life. i found that they celebrated both life AND death. Birth and Rebirth. the seasons. the elements and the way the earth worked. it was the most open minded religion i had ever seen. (come to think of it, i didnt even know The Craft was a religion)

but after reading alot on witchcraft through out the seventh grade. i had found out that these girls were interested in it. but didnt know half the messes they got into. They created false potions. joked around with earth. made mistakes constantly over when it came to The Craft. and i didnt even know.. i Actually didnt cast a spell till i was in 9th grade. But the best thing to do. and the best thing iii did. was read on it.
after growing up with the girls. one moved because her father was catholic and even she was paranoid after finding out that wicca dealed with the Horned god and such . the Deities were what really got her going.

and one of the girls just didnt wanna do it any more. and the final girl still practices with me till today but im more into it then she is.

i also finally became a dedicant this year *happy hands* x3 icon_heart.gif
(wich is when you make a dedication ritual by yourself or with some one else to say that you are dedicated to follow the goddess and the god from now on and that you accept them as your Lord and Lady)

but you know. i dont give up on training. i still consider myself a student and always will even after my dedication. even IF someday i master witchcraft and dont even know it. but you know. theres always something new to read. you can never get enough of the practice =]

its a religion thats more of a personal choice... (kinda why we dont go around preaching about wicca) because in wicca we accept those who choose there own decisions because we live our own lives and live and let live freely. we are no one to judge those who choose there own paths which is why we judge None. =]  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:00 pm
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe

Wicca is a practice of the study of the Elements. wich all reside in the Earth. witches all over have even said that its an Earth Religion. They worship the the Lord and Lady as a Whole. The Divine wich represents both feminine and masculine energies. the universe and everything made up of the Lord and Lady

They worship nature as a Whole Divine. respecting mother earth. There for making it an Earth religion
Uhm no. Wicca is a fertility religion. Last I checked fertility has little to do with nature. Where are you getting your information from?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe

Uhm no. Wicca is a fertility religion. Last I checked fertility has little to do with nature. Where are you getting your information from?

This is ONE out of so many other wiccans that says this.
The Herb Witch

A site saying it COMPLETELY
Ancient Religions - Wicca

Another site saying it:

Earth- Centered Religion

Idk where your getting your information from. but i have been studying wicca for more then 3 years. and thats one of the first things you learn about wicca.  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:16 pm
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe

The Herb Witch

Another site saying it:

Earth- Centered Religion

Idk where your getting your information from. but i have been studying wicca for more then 3 years. and thats one of the first things you learn abotu wicca.

I wouldn't take the word of someone from youtube mainly because there is a lot of misinformation out there. I also wouldn't take the word of religioustolerance since it's run by the Scientologists.

I get my information from academic sources like Dr. Ronald Hutton's Triumph of the Moon, and vouchable Wiccans from Amber and Jet mailing list.

Also if you're going to claim Wiccan, can I get your initiation lineage and name of the tradition you were initiated into so that I may obtain a vouch?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe

The Herb Witch

Another site saying it:

Earth- Centered Religion

Idk where your getting your information from. but i have been studying wicca for more then 3 years. and thats one of the first things you learn abotu wicca.

I wouldn't take the word of someone from youtube mainly because there is a lot of misinformation out there. I also wouldn't take the word of religioustolerance since it's run by the Scientologists.

I get my information from academic sources like Dr. Ronald Hutton's Triumph of the Moon, and vouchable Wiccans from Amber and Jet mailing list.

Also if you're going to claim Wiccan, can I get your initiation lineage and name of the tradition you were initiated into so that I may obtain a vouch?

ive actually been a solitary witch on my own and its true, you ask 10 wiccans about wicca and your gonna get 10 different answers. the practice of wicca is what you make of it. there is no right or wrong way for witchcraft. and if you read The Solitary Witch By Scott Cunningham. Even he says that wicca is what you make of it. you go by what feels right for yourself.
YES you need to follow the quarters and know where things go and follow the wiccan rede and such wich is exactly what im doing. giving an overview of what i already have read for years. wicca IS the celebration of fertility, birth, rebirth, the celebrations of the way the seasons change Etc.

o.O But in all. its about the loving of the earth,life and death, and the deitys wich create the whole devine (both lord and lady). Wicca deals with using nature and natural herbs for its practice. There for an Earth Religion. i dont practice in a coven or with every one because most of the wiccans i affiliate with prefer solitary practice themselfs.

and im not saying what is right or wrong in wicca. more like saying a little bit about it. and you mite be right. but who am i to tell you your wrong. i may not agree with you but im not saying your wrong.
im just going by with what i believe.

and science may say something. but there not wiccan to tell you whats right and whats wrong give it a bland label because witchcraft is not all a fertility religion because death is not fertility. its a religion of the old ways. the celts and made in the times of the wise  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:37 pm
Lehavre

Let me just clear this off. if your a TRUE witch. you would know that anything you do to some one. wether it be Harm or do Good. will come back to you Three-fold.

Umm, excuse me but not all TRUE witches buy this idea. Some do and some do not and I find it rather insulting that your post seems to assume that you are only a true witch follows such. Some believe in karma, some the three-fold law and some neither. It doesn't make them any less of a witch if they don't. Also, Wiccan doesn't mean Witch, just like if you are a Witch it doesn't mean you are a Wiccan.
I don't usually like to argue with people, however, Wicca is a fertility based religion and Ravynne is correct on that fact.
I would suggest you talk to an initiated Wiccan for the facts because this thread is lacking in them. You can have your own personal beliefs on a subject, however, if you are going to make an informational post out of them you should stick with the facts. If you want to throw in your own personal beliefs save it for at the end of the facts.
One more thing, don't believe every book that you read, most authors are out there just for fame and money.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:44 pm
Underworld Priestess
Lehavre

Umm, excuse me but not all TRUE witches buy this idea. Some do and some do not and I find it rather insulting that your post seems to assume that you are only a true witch follows such. Some believe in karma, some the three-fold law and some neither. It doesn't make them any less of a witch if they don't. Also, Wiccan doesn't mean Witch, just like if you are a Witch it doesn't mean you are a Wiccan.
I don't usually like to argue with people, however, Wicca is a fertility based religion and Ravynne is correct on that fact.
I would suggest you talk to an initiated Wiccan for the facts because this thread is lacking in them.
One more thing, don't believe every book that you read, most authors are out there just for fame and money.

True true. but the three -fold law is karma. and its ok to have disagreements. we each learn from it. i dont necessarily see it as a fertility religion because its not really what i grew up learning. and like i said. alot of wiccans may or may not agree with me. and not all books are just out there for the fame. because even Silver Ravenwolf the famous wiccan author has said the same. its bad to use wicca for bad. and it does make you a bad person for using wicca to mess with some ones free-will. wich is why i say i prefer some one who is interested in wicca to go by the wiccan rede and harm none. after all getting something back three times isnt the best when its bad.  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:50 pm
Silver Ravenwolf is a terrible author and I will not even get into what I think of her as a person. While she has the basics in her books, that is about all that is useful in them. She spouts off hate about Christianity, she tells children to lie to their parents and her historical "facts" are mostly in her own imagination.  
The Study (Research)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff