Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Really Strange Dreams!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 pm
I am not usually the type of person to talk about my dreams but the curiosity of this has finally gotten to me and I would like to hear other's opinions or similar experiences.
These dreams are part of an ongoing series of dreams that I have had for I think about 15 years now. All the dreams feature either a dark haired guy who I call Alex or a lighter haired guy called James. Over the years I think the dreams may equal 10 in total. The first dream had Alex, he approached on a dark foggy night in a place that looked like an old English village. That was it. The next dream was him taking me through the town to protect me from his father, whose name I think was Lucas or something like that. The third dream had James telling me that I should run away with him. Then the dreams were a back and forth between each one. I just had one about James recently but I don't remember it.
Now what is really strange is that once in a half awake dream like state and once while astral projecting I met the Alex in my dreams and eventually met the human form connected to the astral body. Once I met the human form the dreams about Alex stopped. As for James, I have only seen the dream form. However when my friends son was really young he was talking about an Uncle James. He always referred to me as Aunt.
So I am really curious if anyone else has experienced something like this?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:23 pm

That is very strange indeed. So, you were dreaming of these two men and having a kind of on-going adventure with them, and then you met one of them irl?

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 pm
Yes, it is really odd. The Alex guy said that he used to dream about a woman with red hair, which I am a red head. At least most of the time I am.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:49 pm
Absolutley, firstly, *coughs in a dark room*

I'm not here to make a vicious move in this reply what so ever. I see so many people misinterpet an original question or reply. Maybe people are assuming there is going to be a fight with each post, but I'm just being totally serious, I'm giving my full opion, I'm not hating on anyone, disrespecting anyone, or anything. *shaky scared looking for people with guns*

the upper part of your post is dream related while fully asleep. The ways that I distinguish what was in a dream is seperated into two parts. Dreaming 1 Fully asleep. (i get those)Dreaming two, half awake half asleep. (i don't understand those)

I interpeted different parts of your dream and saw that this particualar dream is about your unconciously struggling with the decision making process. Do you still have this dream? If you do, it means you are still struggling with it. If you not still having this dream, it means that there was a very powerful problem in your life that you felt so strongly about, you brain had to keep reminding you about it over and over again with similar charecters from your dream so you would remember it better, and hopefully fix it. You see, our brains sort things out when we are alseep through dreaming. Dreaming the way I see it, is intended to tell you a particular problem that you are having (maybe you don't see it as a problem or something that needs to be solved asap, and this can mean something is really bothering you) or b, your dream found a solution to a problem.

Also, if you ask me, if someone dies in a dream, it doesn't mean they are going to die in real life. This is how our dreams make representations. One person (represents an aspect of someone in your life maybe anger towards someone) dying (represents the anger dying).

Your dream:
The Two Ideas:
The two ideas that you seem to be struggling with your dream, are your good side and bad side to a certain situation. You can clearly see both sides of the situation and you are torn between decision making. Alex and James, are represented by good and bad, expecially since one is dark, and the other is light. You switch sides between them, becasue you can see the bad, as sometimes a good thing. Almost like the desicion to tell on a friend who might hurt themselves. Its a bad thing to tell on a friend, but good in the same light because you don't want them to hurt themselves. However, your dream doesn't have anything to do with weighing your desicions. I don't remember you saying there was a scale in there, and it hurts me because it means you were forced.

When Alex was protecting you from Lucas, it means that things got so bad that Lucas seemed like a serious threat, and you had to go to the bad descision because it was better. The bad decision protected you from whatever harm was out there in your real life. Alex might have also looked very cute in all of this because sometimes being saved by a bad decision can be very impactful on our lives, and the way that we weigh our choices in the decision making process.

You were upset about this. Whatever it was. Really really upset. And it bothered you so much, that the dreams, getting louder and louder, can be very vivid, or very nightmareish depending on the message. But they kept coming back because they weren't being solved, or you weren't paying attention to them like your brain had originally intended. That is why it is important to solve dreams, when you can, so you solve your situations in your real life. I have to get to work, so I won't be able to do the second half of it about James, until I get back.

And lastly you won't find this in a book. Its not referenced anywhere, so before anyone can accuse me of not being able to cite my work, this all comes from me, and I am honestly, not being mean here, I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or bashing. I mean no harm! **dashes away**

the in real life thing is a different category because you were dreaming while half asleep. Those are completely different than fully being asleep.  

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Desire the Endless

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 pm
I had a dream once where there were two women, each one very pretty. One was blonde, fair-skinned, and was dressed in white. The other was tanner, with black hair, and was dressed in black. Now, in retrospect, the two women are obvious symbols for some type of conflicting archetypes (ie, good vs evil, or something). It seems obvious that what was supposed to happen was that I choose one of them in the dream. However, in the dream I sided with neither, and instead ran away from them both. Upon doing so, each of them suddenly took on a more menacing appearance, and they began to chase me. I ran for dear life, and then... I woke up. lol. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm
Hauntling
I had a dream once where there were two women, each one very pretty. One was blonde, fair-skinned, and was dressed in white. The other was tanner, with black hair, and was dressed in black. Now, in retrospect, the two women are obvious symbols for some type of conflicting archetypes (ie, good vs evil, or something). It seems obvious that what was supposed to happen was that I choose one of them in the dream. However, in the dream I sided with neither, and instead ran away from them both. Upon doing so, each of them suddenly took on a more menacing appearance, and they began to chase me. I ran for dear life, and then... I woke up. lol. wink
Makes since. Either you pick a side or you're an enemy to both. From the outside, both sides are just as bad as the other.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items