Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
My dreams ever sense I was young. (Also another question)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXCPCXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 pm
In my dreams, they weren't dreams, you could call them nightmares... But Im so use to them I call them dreams. I usually die for starters. I basically died 1000 ways. They each are different. But they are all fantasy themed... Well fictional... Once a bear shot me in the head :/ Another a dragon burnt me :/ Another a warewolf mawed me to death :/ Another I got knifed by a man dress in a black trench coat with a hood, and a blurred out face, and mysterious voice. And there was other ones. Some more details, others not so much. But some I didn't die, very very very very rare. But all my dreams involve death of random strangers or me.

(Does the fact when I was like 8 I always worried about death, just something always told me we were gonna die, and there's no stopping it. But I didn't hear it I felt it in the air, and it was a happy place too.)

Doe's anyone know of anyway to stop these murders in my dreams?

(Is it true that peoples thoughts can cross paths, like I could've swore I dreamt of exactly what happened to my friend in another continent... But if it is true, then does that mean it happened to me in my dream, of a spirit I know?)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:55 pm
You could try learning to control your dreams though something like lucid dreaming.

There are stories of people having premonitions of events through their dreams. This could have something to do with your experience of dreaming what happened to your friend.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

xXCPCXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:25 pm
Obscurus
You could try learning to control your dreams though something like lucid dreaming.

There are stories of people having premonitions of events through their dreams. This could have something to do with your experience of dreaming what happened to your friend.

Lucid dreaming? (Im sorry I have a major headache and am a loss of words, if you could please explain what that is, that would be great smile )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:34 pm
xXCPCXx
Obscurus

Lucid dreaming? (Im sorry I have a major headache and am a loss of words, if you could please explain what that is, that would be great smile )

Lucid dreaming is becoming aware in a dream. You realize that you are dreaming and therefore can take some control of the dream. There are some pretty simple ways to train this ability and you can find these methods all over the Internet.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

xXCPCXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:38 pm
Obscurus
xXCPCXx
Obscurus

Lucid dreaming is becoming aware in a dream. You realize that you are dreaming and therefore can take some control of the dream. There are some pretty simple ways to train this ability and you can find these methods all over the Internet.

Oh thanks smile I saw that you have been helping like almost everyone on here smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:05 pm
Personally, I always find that when I dream about someone trying to kill me I'm either stressed about something or I had recently watched a horror movie. In high school my best friend and I were obsessed with horror movies. Although I never died in mine.
Is there certain aspects in your life that are causing you a lot of stress? You don't have to answer me or tell me details, it's just a question for you.

The lucid dreaming is a great idea but that could take some time for you that's why I was throwing the stress part out there.  

Underworld Priestess

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:13 pm
xXCPCXx
Obscurus
xXCPCXx
Obscurus

Oh thanks smile I saw that you have been helping like almost everyone on here smile

You're welcome. I usually try to help people when I can or at least point them in the right direction.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:50 pm
Underworld Priestess
Personally, I always find that when I dream about someone trying to kill me I'm either stressed about something or I had recently watched a horror movie. In high school my best friend and I were obsessed with horror movies. Although I never died in mine.
Is there certain aspects in your life that are causing you a lot of stress? You don't have to answer me or tell me details, it's just a question for you.

The lucid dreaming is a great idea but that could take some time for you that's why I was throwing the stress part out there.
Well I hate horror movies so that can't be it. I am stressed sometimes with certain events in my life, but Im just talking about sometimes my family, auditions, and etc. But these happen only a few times a year.  

xXCPCXx

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I agree with both Obscurus and Priestess. Lucid dreaming will most likely help, and these dreams are probably because you are feeling out of sorts.

There was once a 6 month period where every night I dreamed about zombies. After looking up some cookie cutter dream meanings, I figured it was probably because my best friend and I weren't speaking at the time. When we made up, the dreams went away. I missed them though emo

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games