Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
curses

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:03 pm
ok i just randomly wanted to start a thread on the topic of curses/hexes/etc
because im bored and so far the topic hasnt received a thread in this guild wink
anyway try to answer or give information about
- types of curses you now about
- how they are preformed
- alternatives and or similar magic
- etc  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 am
Curses may be made via psionics. The opposite of a curse, a Blessing, is also possible. It's really up to what you want it to do that defines if it's a curse or a blessing.

There can be multiple ways to create the curse and apply it, since there is not limit other than yourself to what a curse can do, I'll seperate curses type via how they are made instead.

The first and less likely to work would be creating the curse directly into the reality. The main problem with that methode is that the curse is only working for as long as you think of it. Go to sleep and do anything else that could keep your mind busy and the curse stop existing.

A second kind of curse that usualy work would be giving it a spiritual shape outside of yourself using spiritual energy(that's how I name it but some people prefer to call it PSI or Chi or whatever). The limit of this type of curse would be that if you don't replenish the energy in it, it wil disapear within 1-2 days depending on your energy.
Also you need to link that curse to the target for it to work better otherwise it difficult to get a significant effect out of it.

A Third kind would be using Universal energy for the creation of the second kind of curse I wrote. This type of Energy doesn,t vanish hence it doesn't require to be replenished and is eternal.

Fourth kind would be similar to the second kind but instead, you need to infuse it into the spiritual system of the target (only works for living beings) The curse will get it's suply of spiritual energy directly from the target and in a way, become eternal(until the target dies). Also the proximity of the target to the curse affect the curse's capacity to take effect.

As a bonus, the more people are aware of the curse's existance, mostly the target, the more it will take effect.  

ChiyuriYami

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am
ChiyuriYami
Curses may be made via psionics. The opposite of a curse, a Blessing, is also possible. It's really up to what you want it to do that defines if it's a curse or a blessing.

There can be multiple ways to create the curse and apply it, since there is not limit other than yourself to what a curse can do, I'll seperate curses type via how they are made instead.

The first and less likely to work would be creating the curse directly into the reality. The main problem with that methode is that the curse is only working for as long as you think of it. Go to sleep and do anything else that could keep your mind busy and the curse stop existing.

A second kind of curse that usualy work would be giving it a spiritual shape outside of yourself using spiritual energy(that's how I name it but some people prefer to call it PSI or Chi or whatever). The limit of this type of curse would be that if you don't replenish the energy in it, it wil disapear within 1-2 days depending on your energy.
Also you need to link that curse to the target for it to work better otherwise it difficult to get a significant effect out of it.

A Third kind would be using Universal energy for the creation of the second kind of curse I wrote. This type of Energy doesn,t vanish hence it doesn't require to be replenished and is eternal.

Fourth kind would be similar to the second kind but instead, you need to infuse it into the spiritual system of the target (only works for living beings) The curse will get it's suply of spiritual energy directly from the target and in a way, become eternal(until the target dies). Also the proximity of the target to the curse affect the curse's capacity to take effect.

As a bonus, the more people are aware of the curse's existance, mostly the target, the more it will take effect.

hm interesting. personally i would categorize a curse as any magic (or synonyms for that as they could also use chi/psi/etc) that are used to inflict or direct bad events/ailiments/etc at someone or something confused

im pretty sure i actually succeeded in cursing a room in my house due to the large amounts of random bad incidents that occur in there ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:04 pm
Curses using psionics. I never thought it was possible, but the logic behind it is pretty solid and the types are logical as well.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 am
I always found curses by accident. sweatdrop
Such as accidental interference with a spell.

I also think karma in and of itself is a curse. But you're a little more in control of your own in the end (mostly*)...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am
Dalcain
Curses using psionics. I never thought it was possible, but the logic behind it is pretty solid and the types are logical as well.

Once you start delving into spiritual energy programing, the possibiltiites are unlimited. (Of course.. it would be best to say you are your own limit(as well as others). You may not do things outside of your capacity to invent them and inforce them into reality. For example, you can't give yourself eternal youth if you don't think of doing it in the first place. You would also need to understand how ageing work on a biological stand point and then develop a spiritual method to negate or change how ageing work. The more complicated or detailess your method is, the harder it will be to inforce it into reality)  

ChiyuriYami

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:02 pm
ChiyuriYami
Dalcain

Once you start delving into spiritual energy programing, the possibiltiites are unlimited. (Of course.. it would be best to say you are your own limit(as well as others). You may not do things outside of your capacity to invent them and inforce them into reality. For example, you can't give yourself eternal youth if you don't think of doing it in the first place. You would also need to understand how ageing work on a biological stand point and then develop a spiritual method to negate or change how ageing work. The more complicated or detailess your method is, the harder it will be to inforce it into reality)
So you're using science and psionics to achieve a goal?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:55 am
Dalcain
ChiyuriYami
Dalcain

Science is simply a study of how reality and it's many elements works. Psionics is but only another element that should be studied in science. I can't really call what I'm doing as "using science".. I simply take a logical look at how psionics works and how it can be used..  

ChiyuriYami

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:49 pm
ChiyuriYami
Dalcain
ChiyuriYami
Dalcain

Science is simply a study of how reality and it's many elements works. Psionics is but only another element that should be studied in science. I can't really call what I'm doing as "using science".. I simply take a logical look at how psionics works and how it can be used..
But to look at something in a biological way, you must first use biology. So you're pretty much using the information provided by science's experiments and studies to enhance the use of your psionic skill.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:05 pm
Once I performed a kind of curse, I guess, that gives back all the hate and pain you felt from a person, back to that person. And was once painful for me.

I loved someone very much, and when they hurt me, I made a wish that they would suffer how they made me suffer.

It hurts now because even though I meant it very much at the time because I was in so much pain, it took them several years to recover from my curse. I'm actually very ashamed I even did something like that, because its not in my nature to ever want to hurt someone else just because they were being unfair, hurtful, or mean to me. Being mean back isn't in my character, and I think that this is one of the life changing events that happened, that made me realize you should always be nice to people, or at the most very strict.

The receiver of my curse was plagued by not being able to find love again, and feeling overly hurt and sensitive in many different ways that was not characteristic of that person.

If I had the choice to do it again, I would not only tell them how I felt and why, but I would wish instead that it wouldn't happen to me again, or that maybe that person would become stronger, and not hurt others. I would never put another curse on someone. There are other ways to go about living your life, without hurting other people. I'm not a judge, I can't say when someone deserves something or not. But I can say that I have never found another use for a curse other than hurting someone or causing someone else pain. And that kind of action just isn't me.  

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 pm
Valdune
Once I performed a kind of curse, I guess, that gives back all the hate and pain you felt from a person, back to that person. And was once painful for me.

I loved someone very much, and when they hurt me, I made a wish that they would suffer how they made me suffer.

It hurts now because even though I meant it very much at the time because I was in so much pain, it took them several years to recover from my curse. I'm actually very ashamed I even did something like that, because its not in my nature to ever want to hurt someone else just because they were being unfair, hurtful, or mean to me. Being mean back isn't in my character, and I think that this is one of the life changing events that happened, that made me realize you should always be nice to people, or at the most very strict.

The receiver of my curse was plagued by not being able to find love again, and feeling overly hurt and sensitive in many different ways that was not characteristic of that person.

If I had the choice to do it again, I would not only tell them how I felt and why, but I would wish instead that it wouldn't happen to me again, or that maybe that person would become stronger, and not hurt others. I would never put another curse on someone. There are other ways to go about living your life, without hurting other people. I'm not a judge, I can't say when someone deserves something or not. But I can say that I have never found another use for a curse other than hurting someone or causing someone else pain. And that kind of action just isn't me.

interesting method smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:35 pm
Taigamma
If you disregard the labels of psionics and magic and simply refer to it as universal energy, it's all energy and it's all perception. It tends to simplify things tons as well as provide new resources in my opinion.

As far as cursing someone goes. Ideally, you want something tied to the person. a personal object of theirs. Something with their dna, toe nail clippings, hair, blood, ... Um. Pretty much "Anything" with their DNA. Think about that for a second...

You want to create a link/tie to the person. Now, if you can't create a link to that person. You have to make one. This can be done by linking to people they know and then link jumping to your target but this weakens the link.

Now, you can also create an effigy and give it 'life' and name it after your target to form a link as well. Then when you destroy the effigy, well... Surely you can figure out the rest.

There are several methods to reverse a curse as well. The ones I am about to list luckily I have not had to do. Some people use a mirror to reverse the spell. Another neat idea I read somewhere was you take a cauldron (A big pot or bowl should work as well. Take a tall candle. Then, fill the 'cauldron' up until there's only a few inches of the candle exposed. You meditate, and then picture ALL the power of the curse in the candle flame. When the flame burns low enough the water puts the candle out. Curse is gone.

I would suggest throwing out the candle and cleansing what you used or just throwing it all out at that point.

Burning some sage does wonders for cleansing an area but probably not recommended if you are, if you are by any asthmatics. Essential oils and focused intent with tools may make for a good substitute.  

Sadobitch

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:32 am
Sadobitch
Taigamma
If you disregard the labels of psionics and magic and simply refer to it as universal energy, it's all energy and it's all perception. It tends to simplify things tons as well as provide new resources in my opinion.

I agree, but most people still separate the two down to the atom as though they have no common variables or source. So much more is possible if we view it as a person using energy to affect the world without the limiting specifics.  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games