Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Shadow people...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXCPCXx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:55 pm
Okay, so I have always wanted to "Open my third eye"... for almost 6 months now. But I a little scared I guess you can say, to do it. I don't know why but, this usually happens whenever Im alone, I see shadows in the form of people I have never seen before. My first time ever experiencing this, was when my friend sent their, servant to go check up on me. She asked him to disguise himself. Well, .. was sitting in my kitchen, and saw something coming up to me, out of the corner of my eye... It looked like something off a cartoon, it looked like an "Igor" from the movie... but I wasn't sure. Then throughout some other days I saw shadows moving across the inside of my house, ... it was weird. It wasn't a trick of the light... because we have curtains on our windows... It was really odd. Another time I saw them is when I was lay across my sofa, ... it was basically dark, with some light coming from a lamp. I saw something just zoom across the middle of the room. It was extremely fast. Another time was when I was on my computer in another room, I saw a man walk by my sofa. Another one, is I saw someone walking down my hallway when I was going into my room. I don't know exactly why this happens sad It sometimes bothers, me but I try not to focus on it so much. I was looking up "umbrakinesis". Because I would LOVE to be able to manipulate shadows... But I read this on witcheswiki...

"Mistakes for Umbrakinesis are if you or an individual claims to or believes to have Umbrakinesis make sure you are not confusing this ability with several gifts relating to Postcognition. If you see shadows out of the corner of your eye or see apparitions (moving shadows in the forms of people, or “shadow people”) then this is a third eye sight known as Postcognition and is not Umbrakinesis. Shadow people are seen by postcognates and mediums when the individual has not yet strengthened their ability to see crisp and clear images." ... What does the above mean? When I was young I was always able to see very thing outlines of people... it always bothered me though. Then they got a little thicker as I grew up, but recently they stopped and now they are just shadows...

I got another question too... When I was typing this, I happen to see someone... and when I looked/ turned my head they were gone. It was a female, blond, was wearing a white hood with a white cloak, had gold lining. She looked young, and she was about 5'6 i think, maybe she was a little taller. Is this just my imagination?, or is this real? They didn't look completely solid, and they looked like they were see through. I was looking out the corner of my eye, and it was really weird, just to see someone staring at me... (Uhg can already see my friends ghost story, about how she sees ghost coming back into my head). Any ideas... this is the first type I have seen her. Any advice will do  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:28 pm
The only advice I can really give you is to document everything. When something like this happens to you, write it down in as much detail as you can.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 pm
well first of all, umbrakinesis is the ability to CONTROL physical darkness, not see shadow people.

now then, why do you want to open a third eye huh? well its accociated with the 2nd chakra and can enable heightened awareness or enable someone to access more information than normal (think esp).

now then shadow people. they can be caused by various things. they include spirits, illusions caused by you or another, a curse, servitor, tuplas, and familiars, your subconscious mind, and insanity :3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:17 pm
neko-mata-01
well first of all, umbrakinesis is the ability to CONTROL physical darkness, not see shadow people.

now then, why do you want to open a third eye huh? well its accociated with the 2nd chakra and can enable heightened awareness or enable someone to access more information than normal (think esp).

now then shadow people. they can be caused by various things. they include spirits, illusions caused by you or another, a curse, servitor, tuplas, and familiars, your subconscious mind, and insanity :3

No, I know what umbrakinesis is... I know the difference it's just I noticed some more of the strange things happening to me when I was researching some information on it. Well, Im pretty sure Im not going insane (I hope Im not xD), so I think that might be out of the list. Would the fact that I only see the shadows is when the light is slightly dimmed... Like there is light but not a lot, but everyone can still see. So this stuff mainly occurs to me at night, and in the afternoon. I dont know if the above information helps or not...  

xXCPCXx

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 pm
When I am not tired I often see shadow people or things after the sun goes down. They can even stay there for long periods of time before they vanish. I can actually look at them. Once I was driving at a stop light and there was one twice as tall as the stop light, but was hiding within the shapes of the mountains. I freaked out for a second. When the light turned green, it vanished.

When I am tired, maybe the veil between worlds (if they are from other worlds) is thinner, so I can see them easier, and I can even see them in the day light, but they are still shapes. Either the veil is thinner, or I'm able to open my third eye or mind to them easier.

For me its either seeing these things like this, or actually hearing them and not seeing them. I hear them talk to each other a lot. And I can hear them at any time. When I see them I can't hear them. I'm working on figuring out what this means as well.

You are not the only one, but I have had this all my life and I don't know what it means. Not everyone sees these I quickly found.

I have never practiced anything with my Chakaras, I'll have to research about that too. I told my mom about it, and she just started laughing. I was expecting her to think I was crazy. She says she can see them too sometimes, but only like twice a year or so. Very rarely. She thinks they are angels. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:35 pm
Valdune
When I am not tired I often see shadow people or things after the sun goes down. They can even stay there for long periods of time before they vanish. I can actually look at them. Once I was driving at a stop light and there was one twice as tall as the stop light, but was hiding within the shapes of the mountains. I freaked out for a second. When the light turned green, it vanished.

When I am tired, maybe the veil between worlds (if they are from other worlds) is thinner, so I can see them easier, and I can even see them in the day light, but they are still shapes. Either the veil is thinner, or I'm able to open my third eye or mind to them easier.

For me its either seeing these things like this, or actually hearing them and not seeing them. I hear them talk to each other a lot. And I can hear them at any time. When I see them I can't hear them. I'm working on figuring out what this means as well.

You are not the only one, but I have had this all my life and I don't know what it means. Not everyone sees these I quickly found.

I have never practiced anything with my Chakaras, I'll have to research about that too. I told my mom about it, and she just started laughing. I was expecting her to think I was crazy. She says she can see them too sometimes, but only like twice a year or so. Very rarely. She thinks they are angels. stare

Oh. I wish I could hear them. The mom thing is funny though. I dont know though its sooo weird. Please tell me some results you have with the chakras.  

xXCPCXx

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games