Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply Entertainment Talk - Music - Books - Electronics - Movies - TV - Fan Rant & MORE!
~ Top Five Hardest Videogame Bosses ~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold!
  :D
View Results

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:54 am
~ Top Five Hardest Video-game Bosses ~

I'm curious to know who you feel are the hardest bosses ever. From the oldest of games to the most recent, list the top five bosses who handed your butt to you on a silver platter repeatedly.

My List:

5) Bowser - Super Mario(SNES) - Hey, I was a little kid and he kept owning me! He gets honorable mention.

4) Criosphinx - Chrono Cross - You're not really supposed to fight this guy but if you do, he drops a very powerful rare item. The only problem is he has the strongest attacks in the game with an attack power of a whopping 140! (The End Boss only has an attack power of 120!) He would be the strongest boss in the game if it were not for the fact his attacks can be completely nullified or made to heal you with one of two easily accessible accessories.

3) Sephiroth - Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - Actually harder than each game's respective final bosses, there's no Knights of the Round + W-Summon materia in these games. Unless you've been level grinding Sora and have the Ultima Keyblade, you're in for some serious punishment.

2) Emerald Weapon - Final Fantasy VII - This boss makes me cry. With an attack power of 140, he the strongest boss under Sephiroth but unlike Sephiroth who has a max HP of 180,000 the Emerald Weapon has a criminally high 1,000,000HP! gonk This battle becomes impossible if you lack the Underwater Materia since you are only given 20 minutes to defeat him.

1) Melbu Frahma/God of Destruction - Legend of the Dragoon - I have yet to actually beat this boss and it's been years! He has five or so stages to go through with no breaks in between and each stage takes around ten minutes to complete. By the time I reach the Death I'm usually out of potions crying All this plus my inability to see the reaction square makes defeating this guy impossible for me crying  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:21 am
The Boss In Arcana Hearts That is Exstreamly Powerful,Exstremly Fast And Can Use Everyone Else's Attack Along With Her Own And Desamona In Ugly Americans: Apcolispagenon Where You Have To Take Out Five Eyes With The Fith One Being The One That Kills Her Wile Being Attacked By A Hord Of Other Demons And Trying To Doge Her Attacks.  

DiscordiaGoddessOfChaos

Romantic Survivor

6,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 am
My Top 5 (and not just hard ones, but memorable ones as well)::

5. Hitler from Wolfenstein 3D
Let's face it, who wouldn't want to go back in time and kill Hitler? Plus, after killing him, you get that super awesome slow-mo replay. It's just that awesome!

4. Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid
This guy is a bamf. Big time. He doesn't need a tank with huge guns to kick your a$$, just mega mind powers that makes it damn near impossible to hit the guy. There's two ways to end this fight, die or *SPOILER ALERT*plug your controller into port 2 instead of port 1, thus negating his powers.*SPOILER ALERT* In retrospect, its one of the cheesiest ways to beat a boss, but it works and makes you feel smarter for having outsmarted him.

3. Giygas from Earthbound
Unless you've beaten it or seen someone beat it or was told how to beat it, this is one of the most challenging boss fights ever. (*SPOILER ALERT*In the end, all you can do is use Prayer.*SPOILER ALERT*) Not only that, but the final form has one of the most disturbing images ever in a boss fight. While other bosses are walking around with brains hanging out, scary masks. This boss has none of that. It's a very simple design that derives its utter creepyness and disturbingly ideas. "What's that" you ask? Well, let's see if you can figure it out.
Giygas Final Form

2. Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII
This boss is crazy hard. I've played this game since its release and I have yet to beat her. I can get passed the first two forms, but them she starts pwning my face off. And what sucks is that once my best characters die, its game over for me. Any tips?

1. Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts
What the Hell is that crap? I hate fighting this guy. I rage so hard that neighbors across the street are like, "WTF are you doing, cracker?" XD I avoid him for as long as I possibly can, but I never feel finished with a game until I beat everyone. And he's the hardest bad-a$$ ever... -.-;  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 am
Lol Sephiroth, xd I remember when I finally beat him in Kingdom Hearts I spent a month grinding Sora and farming heartless for Ultima and when I beat him I screamed out a very loud YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS that caused my mother to run into the room. She looked at me, looked at the tv, shook her head and walked away mumbling. rofl He seems easier to beat in KH2.

TheAlmightyBlueCrayon

What the Hell is that crap? I hate fighting this guy. I rage so hard that neighbors across the street are like, "WTF are you doing, cracker?" XD I avoid him for as long as I possibly can, but I never feel finished with a game until I beat everyone. And he's the hardest bad-a$$ ever... -.-;

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 am
xena91388
Lol Sephiroth, xd I remember when I finally beat him in Kingdom Hearts I spent a month grinding Sora and farming heartless for Ultima and when I beat him I screamed out a very loud YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS that caused my mother to run into the room. She looked at me, looked at the tv, shook her head and walked away mumbling. rofl He seems easier to beat in KH2.

TheAlmightyBlueCrayon

He was easier to beat in the second one, but that's because of the players complaining about his difficulty. She they made him easier in the second one. And then gave his powers to that death ghost thing bonus boss in Neverland. Hate that.battle because you're constantly flying. D;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:33 am
I know I'm necrobumping this thread, but I just LOVE this kind of topic. So, anyway...
5. SIlver (Sonic '06): This guy is hard simply due to his habit of picking you up, throwing you against a wall, and repeating for an instant kill.
4. Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid): I'm sure a lot of gamers already know how to beat this guy without having played the game, but just imagine that this is back in the nineties when it came out. You get to this boss, and no matter what you do, he dodges your attacks! You have no way of hitting him! It's not until you call your commanding officer that you learn that you have to switch the controller to the second port. After that, he's pretty easy, but you REALLY have to think outside the box to beat him.
3. Balkon Gerät (Mega Man Legends): You're on the top of your ship, and you have no way to dodge this giant robot's attacks. You have to shoot its torpedoes out of the water, or else your ship will take damage and you will eventually die (death takes you back to the title screen, by the way). You also have to power up your buster the right way, or you can't even hit your target!
2. The End (Metal Gear Solid 3): A sniper battle in a wooded are broken up into three sections. Your opponent is not in plain sight, and camouflages himself very well. He can see you from a mile away, but you can't see him. You have to rely on your directional mic to hear what direction he's in, and look through your binoculars or through a sniper scope to see the reflection off of his scope so you know what position he's in.
1. Sephiroth (Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2): I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but he really is that hard.  

Alucard Belmont Reborn

Magnetic Entrepreneur

13,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MariPanda

Shameless Nerd

23,890 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm
xena91388
~ Top Five Hardest Video-game Bosses ~

4) Criosphinx - Chrono Cross - You're not really supposed to fight this guy but if you do, he drops a very powerful rare item. The only problem is he has the strongest attacks in the game with an attack power of a whopping 140! (The End Boss only has an attack power of 120!) He would be the strongest boss in the game if it were not for the fact his attacks can be completely nullified or made to heal you with one of two easily accessible accessories.

I never actually though he was that hard. Either way, you're not supposed to kill him the usual way, if I'm not mistaken, you have to answer his riddles with the corresponding attack. Besides, I never found the item that he dropped useful. I can't for the life of me remember what it was (was it Flea's underwear? No? Ok...), but I can remember I never used it
But I was 7 back then and got tired of that s**t and just pounded away emotion_awesome I somehow managed to win  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:35 pm
I just helped necro the thread I guess?
Anyway, I'll just post some boss battles from the top of my head, so they're in no way the hardestest I've ever fought, but they sure made an impression

5th place: Garai, from Chrono Cross
He's not hard. Damn, he's easy as hell. Miguel's far harder than him. So is Dario. And Time Devourer. Both Time Devourers, as in, the final bosses (if you chose to fight them the hard way, that is). Crap, even Komodo Dragon, the first boss in the game ever, which you can kill with two hits during your first play, can be harder than Garai.
But ******** if I wasn't stuck there for three weeks until I found a party good enough for killing him in my 1st play-through.
I was in the exact same situation with Miguel, sure, but I found that he was somewhat easier to beat, I think mainly because the battle against him happens so much latter at the game, when I actually knew what the heck was going on.
It didn't help that grinding was not an option in Chrono Cross before a New Game +, but I had to beat the freaking game for that.
And I guess Garai's memory burned itself to my memory so hard because Chrono Cross was the first game I ever played seriously in my life, and Garai was the first boss that gave me some trouble and effort to beat.
Besides, he's so freaking awesome! And he's the father of one of my favorite playable characters from that game! And the father of one of my favorite non-playable characters from that game! And he used to be the greatest knight and s**t! I mean, JUST LOOK AT HIM. He's like Magneto with huge swords and long(er) hair!

4th place: The Dark Aeons, from Final Fantasy X
I remember the first time I saw these guys. The Magus Sisters obliterated the crap out of me when I was trying to get Auron's mighty ultimate overcompensating sword.
I didn't even knew they existed and got pretty freaking pissed at the game.
Latter, I grinded my characters' sorry asses 'til they were 255 everything, ultimate Dark Aeon-fightin' gear included. I remember the first Dark Aeon I killed, Ixion, and it was almost an accident. I got into a fight with him so completely random-ly that I thought I was going to die this time again for sure. I was surprised to see how blind the horse was. I then proceeded to laugh at its blindness. At 255 Agility, he couldn't for the life of him touch me, so I poisoned him and kept healing myself and praying until he died. I felt pretty good about myself. The next was Valefor, then Ifrit, then Shiva. And then I stopped killing stuff, because my luck was crap and I couldn't kill the strongest Aeons like that.
T'was then that I applied the technique of basically throwing my money at Yojimbo-dono hoping he would go for the kill. He went for the kill every single time, leaving me penniless but victorious.
Penance didn't show up, though, so I guess cheating my way out of every fight was the wrong thing to do.
(Oh, and as a side-note, I never got to fight Penance, so that's why he doesn't get to show up on this list)

3rd place: Sephiroth, from Kingdom Hearts
He was hard.
He was harder than he ever was in Final Fantasy VII.
I grinded Sora 'til he was level 70 and even then I couldn't beat this little b*****d. At this point I was basically flying through the last boss battle, OHKO-ing everything, including the actual final boss, but I couldn't even touch Sephy.
He was completely optional, though, and if I remember correctly, everything one could possibly gain by beating him were bragging rights, so no hard feelings.
But, even then, he still was hard as ******** place: Demyx, from Kingdom Hearts ********, I hate that guy. I hate him and his cute boyish smile and demeanor. And his cool water guitar.
I still totes hate him.
It took me one week of trying to beat him to give Kingdom Hearts II up completely for about 2 years.
He's not actually powerful, but he's cheesy as hell and demands button timing that I unfortunately lack. It seemed that he knew exactly when my Cure was charging or when I was out of MP, and he POUNDED AWAAAY during those times. God, it was so frustrating! And before the actual fight there was such a big Cut Scene that I had to skip like 5 scenes every time, and had to fight some useless and annoying Nobodies too. And he's not even optional!
Seriously, screw that guy.

1st place:
That last boss dragon-thing, from Bahamut Lagoon
I can't even seem to remember that boss fight really well, but I remember it was hard as ******** me level with you for a second, here. Bahamut Lagoon is a turn-based strategy RPG. The turn-based strategy thing is really reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics (that came after it so I guess FFT is Bahamut Lagoon's successor?), and when you went up to one of those sprites and picked up a fight, a battle would start, and the battle system was basically Final Fantasy VI without the ATB
The classes were the classic ones, but with different names: There were white mages, fighters, summoners, black mages, the Protagonist (the Protagonist is always a well-balanced class, with good offense magic and strength-wise), etc. You formed little groups of up to 4 with your units and sent them to battle. The sprite that appeared on the map was that of the leader and if anyone died, you just threw a Phoenix Down at him and moved on, so no permanent deaths nor anything.
There was something that was quite different about Bahamut Lagoon, though, an aspect of the game that I really enjoyed: You had dragons. ******** yea, you got that right, dragons.
Each team had their own dragon to command, and you could tell them to be aggressive, be passive or be defensive or something like that. You fed your dragons so they would evolve into different kinds of dragon and get more and more awesome. They were your strongest units, but you could never tell them directly what to do.
Y'see, the first dragon you get, Salamander, has the most awesome evolution I've ever saw in a video game; the freaking thing could have infinite HP. You read that right, its HP read like an 8 turned sideways, and it was awesome.
When I got to the last battle of the game, though, I had to kill 4 hideous heads of a really ugly dragon.
Each of them could pretty much OHKO me.
And I had a dragon with infinite HP.
I'm not sure if you understand me.
Infinite HP > Four Very Ugly Heads
Sure, I was 9 and had no patience to grind at all, so basically everyone that wasn't in the main character's party was weak as hell. I'm not even sure how I got to the last battle like that, but, I mean, infinite HP.
It took me more than 2 hours to kill it and even then I had to cheat my way out of it.
I'm not proud of saying (typing?) that out loud, but I've swore to play that game the right way and get awesome and kill that b*****d rightfully. (It may take a while though.)
So when I finished the game, that boss gave me the impression that it was the very hardest I've ever fought up until then. And, ever since that day, I've never had the same difficulty with a battle in any game, so that just helps to burn that impression in my mind.  

MariPanda

Shameless Nerd

23,890 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

MariPanda

Shameless Nerd

23,890 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 pm
SilentlyVicious
3. Giygas from Earthbound
Unless you've beaten it or seen someone beat it or was told how to beat it, this is one of the most challenging boss fights ever. (*SPOILER ALERT*In the end, all you can do is use Prayer.*SPOILER ALERT*) Not only that, but the final form has one of the most disturbing images ever in a boss fight. While other bosses are walking around with brains hanging out, scary masks. This boss has none of that. It's a very simple design that derives its utter creepyness and disturbingly ideas. "What's that" you ask? Well, let's see if you can figure it out.
Giygas Final Form

Okay, now I'm just totes necroing this thread without a second thought, but anyways.
I've never played Earthbound to the end, but I got to one point where monsters were pretty much terrifying, and that alone was shocking enough, considering how cute the game looked at first.
But then I read one article in the interwebs about Giygas and where its appearance comes from, and crap. I metaphorically peed my pants, right there.
I swore to myself to never play that thing again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm
PFFFFFFT! I have to laugh every time I see a Demyx complaint. rofl

My best friend rage quit KH2 completely when she couldn't get past Demyx and gave it to me. When I got to the battle for HB I wasn't really thinking about anything and just breezed right through it. I really can't see how people found him so hard, I just smacked him around while frequently pushing the Easy-Win-Button (Δ) every time it showed up.

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MariPanda

Shameless Nerd

23,890 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:36 pm
Y'see, the Easy-to-Win button is the problem. Even though it is indeed easy to win when you abuse it, you still need to have some kind of timing to make it work, and KH2 was my first experience with Quick Time Events and I pretty much sucked at it
Some time latter, though, I got a lil' better at those things and somehow managed to beat his sorry a**, but when I did it I could barely remember what the heck was happening with the plot
I have to replay those games and see if I can find myself a RE: Chain of Memories@_@  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 pm
In that case, never play Legend of the Dragoons. It is a really awesome game with a character death scene to rival Aeris' and a great story line but the battle is entirely based around timing. The regular combo attacks require the reflexes of something better that a cat and the super special dragoon attacks have the little countdown circles like The Little Mermaid world in KH2. If you can't get the timing right, you will fail completely at this game.

Maybe it was my years of practice with LotD that made KH2's Easy Button so . . . easy for me lol.

MariPanda
Y'see, the Easy-to-Win button is the problem. Even though it is indeed easy to win when you abuse it, you still need to have some kind of timing to make it work, and KH2 was my first experience with Quick Time Events and I pretty much sucked at it
Some time latter, though, I got a lil' better at those things and somehow managed to beat his sorry a**, but when I did it I could barely remember what the heck was happening with the plot
I have to replay those games and see if I can find myself a RE: Chain of Memories@_@

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MariPanda

Shameless Nerd

23,890 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:04 pm
xena91388
In that case, never play Legend of the Dragoons. It is a really awesome game with a character death scene to rival Aeris' and a great story line but the battle is entirely based around timing. The regular combo attacks require the reflexes of something better that a cat and the super special dragoon attacks have the little countdown circles like The Little Mermaid world in KH2. If you can't get the timing right, you will fail completely at this game.

Maybe it was my years of practice with LotD that made KH2's Easy Button so . . . easy for me lol.
I never actually heard of Legend of the Dragoons, but I'm pretty sure I would absolutely fail at it. I have no idea how I got past Atlantica in KH2 @_@
Is it a Square Enix game? With the whole Dragoon stuff and all  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:34 pm
It's an old PS1 game that came out around the time of Chrono Cross and FFVIII, I believe it was made by Sony. It is a very detailed game, spanning four disks (100+ hours of game-time) and it has a very Final Fantasy like method of game play. It's almost like the Skyrim of it's time with all the detail they put into the game plus there are tons of areas to go to, no two areas are the same or even similar and your characters rarely have to back track to a previous location. I spent about a year or so playing this game and still haven't beaten it (I think because of my fails with the attack timing in the final boss fight) but it was a lot of fun the whole way through.

Really, the only thing that sucks about this game is the timing but I was able to get to the very end (w/o finishing) without using the regular attack combos (the circle thing for the Dragoon attacks were much easier).

-Here, watch this-

MariPanda
xena91388

I never actually heard of Legend of the Dragoons, but I'm pretty sure I would absolutely fail at it. I have no idea how I got past Atlantica in KH2 @_@
Is it a Square Enix game? With the whole Dragoon stuff and all

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Entertainment Talk - Music - Books - Electronics - Movies - TV - Fan Rant & MORE!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games