Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Character Profiles
SUMMER x LAND ----x Profiles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:05 pm
Back to the Rp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:46 pm
"The fairies break their dances
And leave the printed lawn."
~A.E. Housman

User Image
Second look
Ciel and Elder Brother

"...."
My name is...... Ciel Avery Talbot
But you can call me... Avin...I go by Avin.
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born 18 years ago. Small for general age.
Keep Swinging... Bi-Sexual // Uke
The Part I play... Half-Changeling
I can be pretty... For the most part, Ciel is a very strict, proud sort of person, almost in a way that could use some discipline and correcting. Extremely competitive, he hates to lose and enjoys setting up challenges, though mostly only when he will win; however his small streak of humility allows him to accept when he has lost (not quietly, but until another chance arises he will accept it). In terms of relationships, Ciel prefers to keep to himself and is extremely apathetic towards most people which makes getting to know him anywhere from a challenge to a complete and utter chore; not many people enjoy dealing with a boy as stubborn as a mule who doesn't appear to ever want company. However, should you become someone close to him Ciel is quietly loyal, and will always attempt to have your best intrests at heart. Despite his lack of care for most anything in appearance, Ciel actually has quite the firm moral compass, and refuses to do anything which he might find obscene or vulgar; the only person he has ever shown much deferrence to is his older brother, who Ciel respects and admires for a number of reasons. Not many things frighten Ciel, and it is possibly this reason that he shows more intrest then worry in the strange occurances unfolding around him and his strangely colored eye. Either that or he just doesn't care.
Hitting Rewind...Ciel was born into well off circumstances, which he displays upon even now; his mother worked as a well known painter for art galleries, his father a lawyer, so even in the boy's infancy he was well cared for and looked after, with the promise of a influential and wealthy life when he grew old enough to set out his own pathway. At least he would have, if he'd wanted any of that; at a very young age, it was incredibly apparent that Ciel was an odd child with even odder tendancies, such as the utter fascination with places he wasn't meant to go wandering into, restricted areas, dark forests and the like. In fact, it was in this way that Ciel began to become the subject of many fairy visits; at a young age the child unwittingly wandeed straight through the portal to Summerland, and back out. It had been accidental, and only for a mere second or two, but that was more then enough time for a number of the fae to become interested in his appearance; who he was, where he lived, how old he was, all things that matter when a fairy decides to spirit a child away. After that, many fae came to visit an inant Ciel, even the Prince of the Courts himself. Being too young to protect himself, the Prince very nearly succeeded in spiriting Ciel away; thankfully for him his parents came in, and thus disrupted the process.

There were reprecussions, though; on top of experiencing very vivid, strange dreams and developing a tendancy for insomnia to prevent them from coming back, Ciel's eye became entirely disfigured, an odd, unearthly glowing sort of violet to represent the unstable fairy magic left behind as a consequnece of going only halfway through the process of being spirited to Summerland. In order to prevent the horrible side effects which terribly concerned his parents, Ciel was sent to many therapy lessons and the like, which really didn't help at all; the eypatch seemed to be the only thing capable of allowing him to lead a remotely average life. Recently though, things are taking a turn for the worse; no matter if the patch is off or on, Ciel stills hears voices, telling him where to go, guiding him towards the woods. And the worst part is, Ciel's actually considering following those instructions. Maybe it'll lead to something good; what with his older brother being a sucessful model and Ciel being the only one doing nothing, perhaps it'll be for the best.

Tools of the Trade... Besides the patch I keep on to prevent others from seeing my strange, disfigured and oddly colored eye? Generally I have a book or two on my person to keep myself busy, and my cellphone, though it's really ever on.
I really enjoy... Ciel is a quiet boy, and as such has equally quiet pursuits and intrests. His favorite activity is reading; the subject material doesn't matter as long as it's interesting. Other hobbies include playing the piano (badly, though he's trying to learn), gardening and following his older brother around.
Love it! Sweet foods, quiet places, being left alone, his elder brother and parents, a good book, coffee and his best friend...most of the time.
Eew, Nasty!Large, obnoxious groups of people, anyone touching his eyepatch, being compared to his elder brother, clingy, whiny girls, spicy foods, being decieved or lied to and accordian music.
Turn it up!
Talk about Love // The Scene Aesthetic
Maybe // Plug in Stereo
Monochrome Kiss // SID

Sssh, don't tell! Whenever the eyepatch comes off, things get...weird. So I've become incredibly paranoid about it. Also....I'm afraid of the dark. Shut up!
I'll deny it! Prince of the Fae
Am I forgetting something...? Nothing you need to know.
My lord, god and master is Yoko_Matsubishi  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 pm
"Oh, it's okay if you didn't notice me; nobody ever does."
User Image
Undercover
Second Glance

*Shuffles akwardly* "Oh! Um....um..."
My name is...... Kyler Ash Wren
But you can call me... I like Wren...I feel like it's more appropriate for fitting in.
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born 19, almost 20 years ago.
Keep Swinging... Bi-Sexual // Seke (generally Uke)
The Part I play... Changeling Boy.
I can be pretty... Shy at the best and headlighted deer petrified at the worst; Kyler tends to listen more then speak, and even when he does his thoughts tend to be overshadowed because he allows it without putting up much of a fight. A gentle, kind and forgiving soul, it is in Kyler's policy to attempt seeing the best in everyone, if possible; this leads to his easilly being taken advantage of by the nastier fae in Summerland, with their getting off pretty much scott free due to Kyler's dislike of holding grudges. Because of his quiet nature Kyler rarely fits in with large groups, nor is he comfortable in such settings; however, leave Kyler to his own devices, and watch him glow. Coming from a human background inspiring hard work and focus, Kyler is incredibly dedicated to his job for the royal courts, and as such when working he tends to switch from his usually gullible self to a fairly dominant role of leadership (which the female fae often find quite attractive). When not working but still in quiet, large areas, Kyler is at his happiest; it's where he allows himself to learn, to grow and develop. So unless you have a good reason, don't be too much of a bother.
Hitting Rewind...Most of Kyler's background is unknown, thanks to his being spirited away at infancy to Summerland, but it unfolds in a fairly interesting manner despites his unawareness. Kyler was born in Cairo, Egypt, to a very poor but handsome family; his mother worked as a maid for a well off household and his father as a construction worker for a large foreign company interested in expanding their investments to the desert sands. Kyler was also blessed with a number of older siblings, two beautiful sisters who were married off early to rich men, and two older brothers who became powerful and influential both in business and the arts. That being said, Kyler would have had a lot to measure up to, had he been able to live on in the human world; however, that's quite obviously not how things went. Even as an only months aged child, Kyler would often be visited by the fae, the bold, adventerous ones who dared to go so far as to lands that held no forests and greenery; they would tickle his stomach, play with his barely growing thick black hair, but in the end, would leave him behind in search of a less difficult prospect. This continued on for two years, and only changed on the day before Kyler's third birthday.

Kyler's mother had just put her youngest son down for a nap, pleased with his energy and how quickly he had been growing, though his tendancy to garble and grab at nothing but air at times would concern her. No sooner had she left for work then a fairy came fluttering in through the window; a curious member of Summerland, the fairy seemed to be a bit different then those who had visited him before in that he stayed longer, spoke more, and the next thing Kyler knew, he'd landed in a soft patch of moss, easilly two thirds his original size. Thus began his life in Summerland; from that point on Kyler was raised as a member of the fae, albeit a very insecure one since he found out he'd never have the same powers as the rest of the community. Memories of his formor life completely gone, in this way Kyler grew and matured, relying on his physical strength which came from his human genes to serve as an undercover operative for the royal family. In fact, it was in this way the Kyler met Benedict, the love of his life; the two became acquainted during one of the fae's many parties and celebrations. Well actually, Kyler saw him and proceeded to run off and hide; truthfully the Changeling boy gelt threatened by almost everyone at that point in his life, still unable to find a placeholder to use in help of combating his issues. But circumstances continued to place them together, until their elationship progressed to where it is today. True, Kyler still has issues with giving himself credit and self-esteem, but he's gotten a little better at it.

Tools of the Trade... Whatever I need for the job I'll be doing for the royal court. Other then that, well I don't have much. Usually the proper tools to draw and write, but that's about it.
I really enjoy... Reading, drawing, staying out of the way.
Love it! The human world (leftover from his original origins), warm weather, making the royal courts proud, most kinds of fruit, being alone, large, quiet spaces, soft music, a good book.
Eew, Nasty! Thunderstorms (though I appreciate rain), dancing (really terrible at it), large crowds, failing an assignment, too much attention, goblins.
Turn it up!
Touch my Hand // David Archuleta
The fairy and the Labyrinth // Pan's Labyrinth Soundtrack

Sssh, don't tell! Promise you won't tell? Okay, I'm secretly really jealous of Benedict...and everyone else in Summerland, for that matter.
I'll deny it! Benedict
Am I forgetting something...? Though technically Kyler is a fae now, he still dresses in much the same style as one would have in ancient egypt; it's left over from his human days, even if he doesn't know it. Despite his shy nature, he actually has quite a number of admirers...however he thinks they're all glaring at him.
My lord, god and master is Whitefiregirl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 pm
"Oh great...Where is that irresponsible royal pain now?"
User Image
Just me down here again...
"Yes, yes, I heard you the first time."
My name is...... Benedict Antonio Thallis
But you can call me... Ben, Toni
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born Nineteen years ago.
Keep Swinging... Bisexual // Seke
The Part I play... Prince's Advisor
I can be pretty... Benedict takes after his grandfather in many ways; the most obvious one being how strict he is. He's very stubborn, and is often hard-headed, but at least he's not unreasonable. He's very wise, and considers himself as somewhat smart. He's responsible, and doesn't like to let people down. He's loyal to a fault, and no matter how much he finds the prince irritating, in no way would he ever betray him. Even though he threatens to strangle the prince in his sleep, it's just words; he'd never actually do such a thing. The inner him is kind, and loving, but he guards this part of him well; and so far only one person has managed to sneak past all his defenses and loves him for who he is.
Hitting Rewind...Benedict grew up as a single child a family whose whole bloodline had been working as advisors to the royal family. His father had disappeared a couple months before Ben was born, so Ben's grandfather on his father's side took the mother and unborn baby in. He never really knew his mother, since she had been killed by goblins a rather long time ago, just after he had been born. He was raised up by his grandfather, who was kind, but too strict on him. He was trained from the moment he could understand to inherit the duty of a royal advisor from his father. Because he was so young, the only person he could be an advisor to was the prince; but the young Ben didn't mind the slightest. At first, at least. He didn't know that the young prince was going to grow up to be such a difficult person to look after.

When he grew up, he secretly disapproved of the changeling process; the kidnapping of human infants and replacing them with fae infants. If they kept this up, there would no longer be fae in Summerland, he reasoned. Fae would forget who they were, and humans would rule both worlds, if they came to know of their origins. He kept quiet about it because it was a decree from the king and queen themselves. But his opinion was quickly changed when he met the Changeling boy. There was just something different about him to Ben...and he inevitably fell in love with him. He supposed it was because he was the only one who didn't point and laugh at the color of his hair.

Tools of the Trade... He has a pendant/charm given to him by the Changeling boy, which he cherishes very much, although he may not show it at times.
I really enjoy... Reading, watching the sunrise, playing chess
Love it! The Changeling boy, a pleasantly warm day, a good book, the smell of a new book, the queen chess piece
Eew, Nasty! Most humans, goblins, rainy days
Turn it up! Busy - Olly Murs
Sssh, don't tell! He's afraid of something happening to the Changeling boy, and he's also afraid of fully expressing his real feelings.
I'll deny it! Changeling Boy
Am I forgetting something...? N/A
My lord, god and master is Hunter Crawl  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:03 pm
Yes, Yes heard you the first time.
User Image
Second
Oh, hey how are you, and all that jazz?
My name is...... Nickoli Mika Hart
But you can call me... Nicko
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born Twenty years ago.
Keep Swinging... Pansexual / uke
The Part I play... Half Changeling's Best Friend
I can be pretty... I always manage to keep others thinking on their toes. I have an otherworldly view about myself, and I like to keep my mind open to everything; Aliens, Monsters, Ghosts, anything I can think of is a possibility. This often makes people give me a strange look. Like i'm some weirdo, but please, i'm to amazing for that. As you can see i'm pretty overconfident in myself, not the type to put myself down. Or at else out loud I won't. I believe what others say about myself easily, even if on the outside I may see very egotistical and full of myself. In truth, I'm a pretty big cry baby. I just have a tendency to cry alone. In other words, I am terrified of the super natural. Even when I seem to be drawn to it , like a moth to the light. Such an ironic thing, especially when I have to feel so dang protective of my friends, that I will do anything for them. Even if it leaves me with a lot of regrets.

When it comes to being serious, Its pretty easy for me, but I can only ask not to comfort others. If I see someone crying, I usually have no gestures for them verbally. Maybe, and I mean maybe they'll get a hug from me, but do not expect it right away. I find that when I grieve or feel upset I like to be alone, maybe a hug or two will do but most of the time, I prefer to suffer alone, and I hate it when people apologize to me. Like if i'm injured and they say 'i'm sorry' I do not know why it irks me but it surely does. When it comes to my pet peeves I do not tolerate people doing them, and I often show a frustrated side easily and seem to be a bit of a jerk.

Hitting Rewind...I have always believed in other worlds, a demon world, a human world, a spirit world, things like that. And I always had a feeling of different energies, like a ghost or something like that. Even as a little child, many people questioned my behavior because I so welcoming to death and the other world. After the death of my parents when I was ten years old, people began to fuss over my well being. If I would be alright mentally. I showed that I was very capable of with standing the trauma. In fact I didn't seem upset at all, when I was sent to therapy, I always told my counselor that I could feel my parents around me and that was enough. Of course eventually my parents moved onto whatever world they go to after death. Because I started to feel unbearably lonely after a while. That was when I was finally hit with the realization that my parents had left me. Feeling abandoned, I began to go in search of anything paranormal. Because maybe if I found evidence that ghosts, or spirits were real I could come in contact with them again. Traveling around a bit I found myself in a haunted house, that every one talked about, They said it was a terrifying place, so i decided to go in alone. It being the biggest mistake of my life. Right when I went inside I suddenly felt the air change, it became colder, denser, and I felt utterly terrified. That was my first time actually hearing the voices of the dead. They were just whispers at first, telling me their names, that they wanted me to leave. Replying to my demands, but then they grew, and grew until they all screaming at my at once. Forcing me into a fetal position and I was so scared I covered my ears and tried to ignore it, to scared to move I was found in the morning by police officers.

After that I continued my travels, and occasionally went inside a haunted building, with others of course, and once the voices start I always put my search to an end. When I met, Ciel I could instantly tell that he had an aura around him. It was different from anything I felt before. He enticed me, and I found myself forcing to be his friend. Or trying to find out anything about him. After a while my time with Ciel was a little fruitless, seeing that I could not discover what he was, or if any spirit was around him he found himself becoming very protective of his friend.

Tools of the Trade... I usually have my cellphone on vibrate, though I don't like to use that much, it keeps me from getting bored. I also have a karma beads bracelet on for good fortune.
I really enjoy... Reading books on the supernatural, watching horror films, and making up scary stories.
Love it! Other worldly events, cold weather, snow, rain, listening to music and going on adventures of any kind.
Eew, Nasty! Lazing around, overly stubborn people, assertive people, and warm weather
Turn it up! Bravo Charlie by Gregory and the Hawk
Art is Dead by Bo Burham

Sssh, don't tell! The voices of the dead, and despite my love for the supernatural to be honest if I ever saw something otherworldly I find myself feeling incredibly anxious about it.
I'll deny it! Leader of the Goblins
Am I forgetting something...? N/A
My lord, god and master is The Invisable Spaz  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 am
"Life is full of surprises!"
User Image
Take a closer look
"Yo! How's life?"
My name is...... Kayne Aiden Ceannaire
But you can call me... Kay or Ai - only if you're a good friend of mine!
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born twenty-one years ago.
Keep Swinging... Bi-sexual || Seme
The Part I play... Leader of the Goblins
I can be pretty... For the most part, Kayne is a cheerful and seemingly harmless person (when he doesn't have that whip of his around). He's a really friendly person who greets everyone he sees with a smile.. except for the Fae, that is. To tell the truth, Kayne hates the Fae with his entire heart and soul, and he makes that rather clear when speaking to them, too. To him, they're just a bunch of tiny, little magical weaklings who took over what should have belonged to his kind in the first place. He detests them, but he does his best to keep his cool around them at the same time. Kayne's friendly personality melts down into a cold and icy tone when speaking to, or even just about the Fae. He's had a rough past, and resents the Fae for thriving even though they technically haven't done any hard work or sacrifices. His one goal is to drive out the Fae and take Summerland under its rightful owners again- the goblins. The Fae aside, however, Kayne is a really kind and easy-going person. He's patient and understanding, someone who can sit alongside an idiot for hours on end, explaining what needs to be understood numerous times so they can grasp the meaning. Even though he's the leader of the goblins, Kayne doesn't seem like a serious leader most of the time, and is often seen laughing or joking around with others. He's also a very clumsy person, and trips over whatever happens to be on the ground. The only time he's not clumsy is when he has his weapon, a whip, out. He's a skillful whip user, and for the most part, he's a merciful person who prefers to maim or wound rather than kill. One quality that Kayne has is his concern for the goblins- namely, those that serve under him. Of course, all his kind qualities fade away when it comes to the Fae...
Hitting Rewind...Kayne was always different from the other goblins. Obviously, he looked nothing like the others, and was abandoned and thrown out by his parents from a young age. Kayne had to wander from town to town, often stealing or doing dangerous jobs in order to eat and stay alive. It took him a long time, but he eventually got a regular job as a page, running errands in the palace where the old leader of the goblins lived. Eventually, the leader of the goblins noticed that Kayne was the type of goblin that was different... the type that was more refined, more human-like. It was quite a scandal at the time, naming a mere page to be the future leader of the goblins, but it had to be accepted. After the old leader of the goblins died, Kayne went through years of internal battles and arguments with the goblin advisers and barons, trying to gain their trust and support. It took a long time, but by now, he's established control over the goblins. He doesn't rule tyrannically, but he does keep a keen eye on how things are being run.
Tools of the Trade... Let's see. Normally I only carry a whip around, along with some other little objects here and there. Oh! Did I mention that I have a turtle with me? YES I DO.
I really enjoy... Talking to others and generally having a good time! Oh, although kicking Fae butt would be nice, too, but that's not good for diplomacy! Practical jokes are fun, though!
Love it! Pulling practical jokes... I suppose. Haha. Oh, eating a lot of stuff at banquets is nice, too. And
Eew, Nasty! The Fae, overly serious people , and meetings... ew.
Turn it up! Cantarella Music Box || The Black Star
Sssh, don't tell! It's obvious that Kayne is clumsy, and he's always trying to get over that. Unfortunately... it never works... though he does manage to be less clumsy in battle or social events.
I'll deny it! Half-Changeling's Best Friend
Am I forgetting something...? Kayne hates it when someone he doesn't know calls him something other than his real name. Oh, and he has a dark side when someone mentions the word "Fae" in front of him. So don't try it....
My lord, god and master is Pudding Earl  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:08 am
"Nothing happens until you swing the bat"
User Image
Second
You may kiss my hand if you desire
My name is...... Emil Voltaire Castill
But you can call me... Emil or Prince
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born 22 years ago.
Keep Swinging... Bi-sexual, Seke
The Part I play... Prince of the Fae
I can be pretty... Most of the time Emil is very cheerful, frivoulous, and knows not much boundries of family and friends (Sometimes strangers). He gives no personal boundry, though he'll have a bit of it himself when feeling threatened. He's a bit of a flirt, mostly because he likes to see smiles on others aswell as feeling good himself, but it's just words to him. He is a bit ditzy when he is in a good mood and having fun , the usual, but he's very intelligent and good under pressure. If he's pushed to far he shows a wrath of a dictator and will take a lot of means to restore his own peace of mind , or even get his way at times. He has good morals and means well, but stress can get to him easily if it happens. He is usually not a stressful person and avoids it.
Hitting Rewind... There were few people that spend time with him when he was growing up. His mother and uncle were the two main people. His uncle taught him and his mother loved him. His father was busy and Emil spent his desires for his affection at times and treasured his father's moments when they had time. He was put to his studies and though he enjoyed learning, he didn't want to do much with him. He found a small interest in his own magic and natures magic aswell, and he's very talented in mathematics. He really enjoys more social related things and art, which was good enough to be a King some day right?

He's been the human realm once to see them for himself, and he thought they were wonderous. He soon went back to eventually see the famous Ciel and spirit him away, as he desired the boy like all the other Fae's, but he was stopped by human parents and was stripped away from the boy. Time has passed and much ahs continued. The city fell and he was a small blame, along with the increase in humans. Times rose and life became a little better, until his father died and mother fell ill. Him being to rule, responsibilities on his shoulders on what to do he's in a more state of loss than anything when alone. He goes to Ciel or his advisor often for games or amusement just to get things off his mind. He slowly grows into a depression alone. He's become much more facinated with Ciel latetly than his duties which isn't unusual from his normal behavior.

Tools of the Trade... A map of his lands, a pocket watch from his uncle, and he always keeps his fathers gloves in his pockets or robes incase he feels he needs them.
I really enjoy... Reading, Painting, Chasing Ciel, and Taking Walks
Love it! Shopping, Oranges and Grapes, Music, Ciel,
Eew, Nasty! Spicy Food, Liars, Being annoyed by his Advisor, The illness going about, and Goblins
Turn it up! Music Box Affection
Viva la Vida - Coldplay
Leave this Bed-Maroon 5
Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine

Sssh, don't tell! Being Alone or lost in pitch black darkness
I'll deny it! Ciel
Am I forgetting something...? If Ciel isn't around he'll catch other peoples attention and give them to theirs, but he'll drop them instantly the moment he sees , hears, or smells Ciel
My lord, god and master is MindXHunter  
Character Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff