Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Who here has a fursuit? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:22 am
Am i just the odd one out? Everyone should post fursuit pics! Lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:29 am
I wish I had my Flash Drive, I'd show you me with my friends at the school hallow-ween party. :3  

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:32 am
Would love to see them smile I plan on wearing mine for haloween this year! Recently went to a con in mine! my fursona Kiona is a Woliger and i made her myself with a few parts i did not make and paws i bought

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:02 am
I dunno how much I'd actually wear it, but for some reason I really want one.

I had plans to make one over the summer, but I'm way too lazy to finish a project that big. I got as far as making a plaster cast of my face to form a mask on, and then I didn't go any further. But, I did do a lot of studying, and I think I know how make a pretty decent resin mask, if I ever get around to it.

The sewing and bodysuit part, though, I'm still like... uhh...  

Piroshki

Shapeshifter

DFTBAlex

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 am
I'm saving for one currently :D
Most of the artists I'd like to commission to make one are in the US, though, so international shipping is going to be a killer.

I have no idea where I'll keep the darn thing once I have it, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 am
Fur suits aren't really my thing so I would never wear one. I would however wear ears and possibly a tail - but only for something like halloween.

I have no problem with other people fur suiting though.  

00Shoe
Captain

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 pm
Awsome people! Glad im not the only one in the end. Im glad i was able to make mine im proud of my first very very proud  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:53 pm
I'm not a huge fan of fursuits (in fact they kinda scare me) I'm gonna be my fursona for halloween >w< im just gonna buy white cat ears and get a white wolf tail (and hope to god my cat dosnt destroy this tail) and hope my dad lets me get goth pants :3  

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:09 pm
Question to the fur suiters:

When you fur suit, is it because you want to be more anonymous, want to get more in touch with your character, get more attention.

Just curious what your reasons are (and I am sure everyones reasons will be different)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:00 pm
It's not finished yet, but I'm working on a mask. It has a moveable jaw (actually moves when I speak and eat) and holes for my own eyes, so it's not like most of the "heads" I've seen advertised for sale. Only thing that's keeping me from finishing it is that I can't find any furry material that will stretch with the rest of it. (The whole thing is built around a ski mask, and the other furry material I tried to put over it wouldn't work, because it was too stiff to fit over my head. Any suggestions?)
I already have a tail. (Actually, I just bought it the other day from the Halloween section at Wal-Mart.)
And I want some feet, but I don't plan on wearing gloves or sleeves (except maybe in the bitter cold of winter). I think when I cosplay without sleeves, I'll just paint my stripes on my arms. 3nodding

And to answer Shoe's question: I cosplay because I want people to see who I really am.  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm
I do it because i want to show off my goofy side. I love wolves and animals all of them..I love to play around and just have fun with things i like people looking at me and wondering and people say im very talented. It lets me be me without me thinking others will judge me because me myself is very shy but my sona is very outgoing.

Celtic your using the balacalva thing? I did to! The jaw on my head moves also  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:44 pm
Nukido
Celtic your using the balacalva thing? I did to! The jaw on my head moves also
Heck yeah! *high paw*
Actually, mine isn made of... (don't you dare make fun of me)

cardboard.

I know it sounds completely outrageous, like, how the heck can you possibly make a durable costume out of cardboard??? But listen! Somehow it is durable. I don't know how I did it, but I somehow managed to accidentally turn a piece of cardboard into a snout. (I'll post some pics later when I find them. 3nodding )

Basically, after I made the two halves of the snout (top and bottom) I just figured out that if I allow the top half to sit on the bridge of my nose (I used to use adhesive stips to make it stay, but I've just recently added an alastic band that holds it on.) and then I attach string loops to the bottom half so that it fits around my neck and then over my ears, the bottom jaw will move when my jaw moves. And as I've already said before, I can talk, bite, and even eat with it on. 3nodding  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:06 pm
Very interesting method..I used foam for mine and it came out awsome i think so as yove seen it lol

What animal is yours? Whats your sona?

Oh and i would not make fun of you..infact for being creative

i give you..

User Image

Another thumbs up! Thats her signature thing two means she really likes you

(I wear glasses under mine)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:18 pm
User Image
Okay, this is me wearing just the top half of my snout. Apparently, I never took any pictures wearing the whole thing, so I'll do that tomorrow, maybe even make a video to demonstrate how the jaw works. Anywayz, I'm goin' to bed now....
(Oh, and btw, my fursona's a striped hyena. 3nodding )  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Luneth Moon

Timid Fox

12,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 am
I don't have one yet, but I have already spoken with someone who agreed to do a partial commission for me once I get the cash. She's gonna make me the head, tail, handpaws, and feetpaws. Afterwards I'll just have to find someone to commission my body suit and I'll be good to go.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff