StarScarred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 pm
My quests! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 pm
Eat Your Heart Out
Heartless

Kin: Kimeti
Growing or Non: Non

Personality: Spiteful, Charming, Mischievous, Malicious, Vain, Empty.
Heartless is a buck who cares little for those around him, seeking to use them merely for his own gain or amusement. Such personalities are, perhaps, uncommon among the kin-- but certainly they do exist. From a young age, Heartless has learned that honey traps more flies than vinegar, as the old saying goes, and has often used that to his advantage -- playing the charmer and using his wiles to blindside those who he would seek to use. Often, the source of this amusement is merely the discomfort of those who are unfortunate enough to fall into his company.
Perhaps the main reason for this is that Heartless feels a sort of emptiness when it comes to emotions such as love, affection, kindness, and empathy. In place of those is a cool sense of calculation, a predatory lust for control, and a desire for all things sensual. A true sociopath at heart, he seeks to fill the void by taking those things he lacks from others -- affection, love, and even kindness -- feeding off of it like some sort of beautiful, malicious parasite before casting them away to the side, to move on to the next best thing.
Naming Dream:
Stringy and tasteless
he spits it to the ground,
remnants of the heady juice on his chin,
leaving

--nothing left but a worthless husk--

a shriveled heart.

Description: He's a gorgeous buck. His outer beauty is something to marvel at, and captures does and bucks alike in the wake of his tracks. It belies the ugly, cruel emptiness that resides in his heart, while still hinting at it.

Colors: I'm going for something that embodies the feel of beauty vs something evil. Pale, light colors against dark, rich and contrasting colors might work best. Preference for: Reds, purples, blacks and white. Accents in brighter/saturated tones of red/purple with optional hints of green/blue/yellow.
Unwanted Colors: an excess of blue or green, brown, or bright pink.

Markings: I prefer smooth gradients and 'hard' markings as opposed to fuzzy/blurry markings. I dislike art-deco type markings (like vines, flowers, etc) and would prefer to stay away from shapes such as squares and triangles. Other than that, markings that add to the somewhat mysterious/dark feel of him would be great -- this is cc. Eyeliner markings, perhaps?

Ref images: Images should be taken as a whole for inspiration/mood, rather than focusing on only one image.
One, Two, Three, Four.
Please feel free to mix and match inspiration from these images!

Edits:
Hair: Medium to long hair. Something a bit wavy/curly and luscious looking. Style is CC. Hair edit to the tail as well, cc.
Scales: Removal of all face and back scales, eyebrow scales included.
Fluff: Extra fur on the legs, chest and back for a soft, fluffy look.
Extra: Removal of goatee
Horns: Simple edited horns of some sort, cc. Doesn't need to be anything elaborate. Preference for something short and simple.

As you can see, I'm really trying for something luscious and smooth looking. Markings and colors do not necessarily need to match this, however (I would prefer something edgier, actually, with that).  

StarScarred

StarScarred

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:49 pm
Name: A Light Too Bright
Nickname: Flare

Naming Dream:

Fireflies in the night bob and weave like tiny suns, fading with the night. As daylight rises, slow and ponderous-- at first-- then more quickly, it lights the world on fire.

She watches-- awed and afraid. It hurts her eyes, but she cannot look away. And then, finally, it breaches the horizon, a great ball of light.

Finally, the light is too much, and though she tries to see the world as she has yet to see it-- she cannot. The light burns her eyes. Tears well in them, and turn the world into a burning blur. She looks away and retreats, back into the darkness, the coolness, the comfort of her world.

Personality: Although her domain is that of the night, Flare is a rather energetic doe. When most kimeti are sleeping, she is wandering the swamp as they would during the day. But it is a rather lonely way to live-- more lonely than for most kimeti. She yearns for company. For someone who she would be able to spend her time with. But, at the same time, she is painfully awkward for her lack of social experience, but wants desperately for a friend. As a result of this, she can sometimes come off as far too enthusiastic, and might end up scaring a potential friend away because of it. She tries to curb this enthusiasm, but is often unable to totally suppress it.

Currently, her best friend is a giant moth who she tends to speak with rather frequently, even though the creature cannot really answer her back.

Other Info: Flare has a condition which makes her eyes extremely sensitive to any bright lights, to the point that it is actually painful for her to see it. Because of this, she is unable to be active during the day, and makes her home in a deep cave where little light reaches as she sleeps until it is dark enough for her to emerge.

On the other hand, her night vision is much better than the average kimeti's. The same problem that makes sunlight far too bright for her to endure it, enables her to see better with less light than usual.

Description: Peachy orange #f49764 similar to that color, and dark, high-saturation purples and blues with a light, creamy yellow. I prefer solid designs to faded ones [though gradients on a solid design are good!]. Delicate but strange. Something that makes you think of the early morning, fresh, innocent, sweet, but still mysterious and perhaps a bit intimidating for that mystery c: I really like the idea of duality in her!
Edits? No scales on face/back. Horns and Hair/tail edits.
Horns: something delicate but sort of wicked looking [sharp, odd angles, etc]
Tail/hair: something wispy, perhaps?
References: Some ideas for palettes and any other inspiration, perhaps? one, two, three  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm
Name: Headshot
Nickname:

Naming Dream:

The tree drinks deep of all the world has to offer. The rain drags it deep down where it's ancient roots may reach. But here, in this deep, heavy darkness, the rain is not as sweet as it once was. Here it is dirtied, tainted by the touch of many things-- both alive, and dead. Dead leaves, crawling bugs, the half-buried decay of something that still moves though it has been dead for a long time -- the flies make it dance-- and the tangy-sweet grit of the earth that anchors the tree in it's place.

He sees all of this. The foulness that the tree must endure to survive, and each new vision is like a shot to the head. An image that is forever ingrained and will not go away. There is very little sound in these dreams-- just the incessant, throbbing, droning that he can't make out. It might be insects crawling, or the low cacophony of things dying all at once, or even just the simple sound of the tree's roots digging deeper, expanding as they drink everything in. It might be all of it. But it doesn't matter. The images are enough, even without the sound.

Sometimes, in the haze, a part of him wishes the tree would become like all the rest. If only so that he does not have to watch it.

Personality: You might be a little twisted, too, if your naming dream consisted almost entirely of the process of death and dying. Headshot tends to look at all things with an intensely keen knowledge that it will eventually die. This same knowledge tends to make him a little morbid. At the same time, however, it has instilled in him a fierce desire to live life to it's absolute fullest. He wants to do as much as he can, taste as many different foods as possible, woo many lovers, and travel to many places. He wants to regret very little when HIS time comes-- to join the earth and become part of that great cycle.

Sometimes his enthusiasm for life might make him seem irresponsible and immature to people who do not actually know him that well. While he may certainly be described as 'reckless' the former are definitely untrue. Because while this buck wants nothing more than to enjoy himself, he is also not one to shirk any duty he might obtain along the way-- just don't expect him to raise any kids.

Anyone who takes the time to get to know Headshot will see that, while morbid, he does, in fact, have a sense of humor-- often as wild and varied as some of his adventures. He enjoys talking about the things he's seen and learned, if only to impart some of that experience onto someone else. And while he can be perfectly content to while away the hours telling tales and jokes, he is also a very good listener and tends to enjoy being the observer more than anything.

Perhaps one of his greatest faults, though, despite all of this [and his creepy morbidity] is the fact that he has a hard time letting go of a grudge. Most petty things won't bother him, but anything more serious, and you can almost bet that he won't want to talk to that kin very much in the near future.

Other Info: Headshot may also suffer from a sort of bi-polar disorder. He goes through life for long periods of time seemingly relatively happy and energetic toward life, and then will suffer through periods of depression as he contemplates the meaning of death.

Description: Creamy white or off-white base. Relatively simple patterns with black and red for highlights. Some sort of pattern or detailing around the eyes like some of the images seen below, perhaps, or just something that looks creepy and interesting. As for the rest of his body, minimal designs/patterns, but I would definitely like to see something, somewhere, rather than just having him be all white. As a note, I'm generally not a fan of extremely 'blurry' looking patterns, though gradients can be nice!

Edits: Definitely hair for this one. I just can't imagine him without the hair. Think it adds a certain creepiness/feel to what I had in mind for him. Nothing too long or complicated--- mid-length, mostly straight but kind of messy. Maybe blood red in color? If the patterns could be tied into the hair to make it look like the hair is dripping blood on him, that would be amazing. But if it doesn't work, then just the hair is fine.

No back scales and/or horns, but only if he'd look better that way.

References: General Feel, Coloration and eyes, Patterns and designs?, I really like the shimmer and slight green look to this.

References are just for, well... reference. Feel free to play around as long as the general ideas are the same c:

Note: I know that edits are being cut back on due to the moratorium, but he is an idea I've held onto for a long time now. While the idea for his look is still rather loose, if I can't get the hair edit I'd really rather just wait until I can get him quested with the edits, or until I can RL him. His concept means that much to me. Thanks! <3  

StarScarred

Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff