Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Scholomance Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:08 am

"Deep within the Carpathian Mountains lies the Scholomance, the infamous school of shadow arts and black magic that is said to be administered by the Devil himself.

According to Transylvanian legend, the Scholomance was built by the Devil as a means to teach a select group of humans the ways of evil so that they could assist with his mission of spreading suffering and malice across the Earth. Admitting only ten students at a time, the Scholomance is available to only a select few. Eligible students are typically born with a birthmark signaling them as chosen and legend suggests that these markings match symbols located on landmarks and are used to find the whereabouts of the academy.

Throughout the course of instruction, the Devil teaches the ten students the languages of animals, the manipulation of the weather, the secrets of nature and a variety of dark magics. When the students have successfully completed the instruction, the Devil retains as payment one alumni who will become his servant and assist with the administration of the Scholomance.

After leaving the Scholomance, the other nine alumni join a caste of powerful wizards known as “Solomonarii”. Solomonarii have at their disposal all of the powers they learn from the Scholomance and are also granted the ability to summon a dragon-like creature known as “balaur” that they can ride as a means of transportation. Solomonarii existed in Romanian legend long before any knowledge of the Scholomance and were once considered to be a benevolent force. However, the arrival of Christianity to the area and subsequent knowledge of the Scholomance soon led the Solomonarii to be considered evil and feared amongst the population.

One of the Scholomance’s most famous alumni is said to have been Vlad III Dracula, better known as Count Dracula. In Bram Stoker’s “Dracula”, the vampire hunter Van Helsing claims the Count, “learned his secrets in the Scholomance, amongst the mountains over Lake Hermanstadt, where the devil claims the tenth scholar as his due.”

Although the exact location of the Scholomance is only known to the chosen few, it is believed to be located in Romania near a small lake in the mountains just south of the Transylvanian town of Sibiu. The Scholomance itself is believed to be located either in a cave or deep underground. The nearby lake is said to be unmeasurable in depth and is used by the servants the Devil has retained to brew thunder and lightning.

Due to the extreme secrecy surrounding the Devil’s Academy of the Scholomance, very little else is known. Whether it truly exists is a mystery that will likely go unanswered - except for the chosen few."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:22 pm
emotion_jawdrop

Wow. I never knew such a place might have existed. All this time and no one has spoken of this place then now?

I gotta find this place. I don't know why, but I just gotta. The power to change the world is right there for the taking.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:52 pm
i have to find this place and challenge them to mortal kombat :3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:53 pm
Sounds like a fantasy novel.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:34 pm
This might be neat to look for. Maybe one of the paranormal reality shows could try to find it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 pm
thats a very interesting indeed. i've read books that mention a reptilian species of ETs that live underground in the mountains of the earth. i wonder if this Scholomance is where they take their initiates. These Solomonarii interest me as their name contains "solomon" which itself could be huge in so many ways. we should definitely do more research into this subject  

starchild_777

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 pm
Dalcain
Well, it may or may not exist.

neko-mata-01
Finish him!

Sonkurra-Taichou
So does half of the other stuff we talk about here wink Open mind, and all of that.

Obscurus

I'm surprised they haven't already. Maybe it's too obscure? rofl

starchild_777
Like the silurians? :3  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:06 am
There's still the chance. I desire this power and to challenge them to a duel of wits and skill. HAHAHAHAAA!!!  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:42 pm
Dalcain
There's still the chance. I desire this power and to challenge them to a duel of wits and skill. HAHAHAHAAA!!!

just make sure to finish with a fatality  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus

Or they think it's just something Bram Stoker dreamed up for his novel.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:49 pm
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus

Or they think it's just something Bram Stoker dreamed up for his novel.

If you're trying to get ratings by cashing in on 'ghost hunting' or similar things, I doubt that would stop you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:21 pm
neko-mata-01
Dalcain

Indeed I shall. I'll rip someone head off with my bare hands.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
Dalcain
neko-mata-01
Dalcain

Indeed I shall. I'll rip someone head off with my bare hands.

and ill drown them...in their own blood cat_twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:42 pm
Sounds fascinating.  

Underworld Priestess

Nero-gataki

Dangerous Gekko

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 pm
(( i wanted to join your guild but was not allowed for some reason....>.<))
This is an intresting topic....but really Why.....you know what i just thought about what i was saying and i could see many twisted reasons for doing this....but if there is a dark school...should there not be a light school? to balance the odds you know?  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff