Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Rich Family Home Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:24 am

The Rich Family Home
Dunstable, England, UK

User Image

On the far south side of Dunstable, the Rich' family home lays humbly amid the structure of the bustling little market town. A short scenic route of rollings hills and grand oak trees off of Main Street leads to Rich Way; bought by the Rich family long ago along with the southern chunk of land that follows after (all of which purchased around the 19th Century, marking their sudden and new rise to power in comparison to the ancient bloods.)

The grand foyer is what Alexander deemed 'the hunting room,' because beasts of all shapes and stature had been stuffed and hung against the walls. Deer heads, graphorn, gazelle, augurey, bobcats, a fwooper, dragon heads, and a mountain troll are among one of the many ornate displays of creatures that can be found, but the most vigilant was the giant black bear that stood on its hind legs in the midst of a roar near the center of the room where the ceiling was at its highest.

The rest of the house, however, is au natural. A cozy kitchen, elegant dinner room, a quaint family room, and with a number of bedrooms to accommodate family and guests.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

____The Rich Family

Alexander Evan Rich
                    Currently: at home

James Perseus Rich
                    Currently: at home

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 pm
Essy A Dante

An owl landed on Annabelle's bedroom window gently and pecked at her window, making sure not to break it. The bird had a note in its talons. The note read:

Dear Belles,

I am contacting to see if you wanted to come to my humble abode this weeks coming. I know it is very short notice, but this week best fits my family's schedule. Write me back with your answer; and if yes, tell me the day you are coming so I can clean up the place a little.

Sincerely,
Devin Anthony Cloud

P.S: You can practice some Quidditch with me because we have extra broomsticks and our own little pitch. And the address is 861 Purity Drive, Barnston , England. It's a country road with very little houses. Trust me, you can't miss our house. It has got a huge white barn behind it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:46 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

” So, believe
That magic works
Don't be afraid
Of being hurt
Don't let this magic die
The answer's there
Oh, just look in her eyes
And make your final move
Don't be scared, she wants you to
Yeah, it's hard, you must be brave
Don't let this moment slip away…”

Annabelle had sung, twirling on her toes and gliding across the floorboards on fuzzy woolen socks, a hairbrush in hand and held to her lips as her raw soprano voice reverberated across the walls. Her favorite song written by the Weird Sisters had blasted off the radio, and for the life of her, she couldn’t see or hear the incessant pecking on her windowpane from the owl just outside. It wasn’t until she had overheard the booming and thunderous footsteps of her father racing up the staircase did she decide to turn down the music and divert her attention to the door.

With one fell swoop, the door swished open with an impending force and the towering silhouette figure of her father loomed in the doorway. Another bristle of swishes caught her attention as an owl flew over the shoulder of her father and glided loyally to her side.

”Turn that blasted radio down, Belle, I can barely hear myself think downstairs… You’ve got an owl waiting for you, merlin only knows how long he’s been out there. Now clean this mess up and go help your mother,” Alexander had demanded with as much warmth as the cool silver locket that hung around her neck. But, before her father had swirled on his heel to leave, he had paused, and wandering eyes glided down to find yet another edition of his Quidditch World Cup magazines strewn under a wad of parchment on her desk.

”Not this again, Belle. I thought I got it through to you, I don’t want you playing quidditch, hell, I wouldn’t have even let you participate in flying class if it wasn’t for your mother. No more foolishness, Belle, who in their right minds would ever want to marry you if your black and blue from bludgers. Your mother is sick, which means--” He began, and once it had started, it would never end. The verbal accusations and outlandish cynics destroyed what joyous occasion Belle was under, and she didn’t argue with him either. It wasn’t until he left with the magazine that she offered a less than graceful middle finger in his direction and sprang forward towards the owl with as much grace as she could muster (which wasn't a lot.)

”Hmm, good thing da’ didn’t read this,” she mumbled under her breath as she took into account the mention of quidditch in the letter. Quickly, she withdrew a parchment and quill from her desk and hastily scribbled a message in return. ”Here ya go, take this back to Dev, oh, and here’s a treat for you.”

Quote:
Devin,
I would love to go your house! I’ll have to talk to my mum and dad about when, but I’ll try to get a ride this coming weekend. How has your summer been going so far? I think I’ve literally slept and sang most of the summer away, I love not having homework. Anyway, hope you’re having as much fun as me.

--Belle

Desires: Freedom
Troubles: Father

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:23 pm
Essy A Dante

The bird Voltaire returned with another piece of parchment in its talons. The bird landed in the same place again, waiting for either the father, or Annabelle to come so he can drop off the letter for Annabelle. Voltaire calmly pecked the window to knock for someone. He is a very smart bird, if no one has figured that out yet.

Belles,

Awesome! It is great to see that you are doing well. Oh yes, my summer is going quite well. I haven't really put down my guitar and broomstick over the summer honestly. My superstar brother finally decided to really teach me how to play chaser. Ahh, these days remind me why I do not like to do homework. Everything so fun, so care free. Still, it is nice to see our friends at the school you know? By the way, I didn't know you can sing. You are going to have to sing to me when you come over. If you do it, then I will do it

Sincerely,
Devin A. Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm
User Image

Fastened with a silver ribbon embroidered with the black silhouette insignia of an English Bullmastiff at each end, a scroll of parchment awaited on a regal owl perched at the windowsill and left once the message had been delivered.

Dear Rich Family,

You have been cordially invited
to

the Nott family
Summer Ball and Banquet

July 14,
5:30 pm
Nott Meadow Drive
Wales,

Toast to the new summer,
Guests, friends, and family, are always welcome

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:58 am
My life is so cold
User Image

Several uneventful hours had gone by in a flash and Belle had found herself confined within her mother’s bedroom, since as of recently, her parents had decided to sleep in separate quarters. Classical music permeated the vicinity, calm and smooth, the pure melody left mother and daughter in a silence as they sat together. Annabelle was sprawled across the sheets beside her mother with several different articles of the Daily Prophet and Witches Weekly scattered throughout, and in her petite hands was a roll of yarn bundled around for her to hold as her mother precariously stitched together another one of her millions of scarves. Silence had been a prized award, until, her mother decidedly grew delirious.

”Belle, sweetheart, have you sent Cornelius Fudge his basket yet?”

”Mum, he’s been sacked, he’s not the Minister for Magic anymore,” Annabelle repeated for the fifth time this week.

”Oh, yes, and Albus Dumbledore, do send him one too, Belles?”

”…..Of course, mother.” Belle sighed, defeated, and was about to change the subject until an incessantly sporadic pecking roared from the windowpane—and her mother leapt high into the air with a shriek.

”Sweetheart! RUN! It’s him! And his followers! Baby, RUN!” All clad in sleepwear and hysterics, Lilith struggled beneath the restraint of blankets and sheets and yarn as she hurled herself over her daughter to protect her.

”MUM! It’s just the OWL!” But Belle was too late, the weight of her frantic and petite mother came bearing down on her and suffocated her against the bed, and all the while, the hoot of a pair of owls seemed to be trying to capture their attention. ”Mum! Ger’ off mee!”

Finally, with adrenaline coursing through her veins, Annabelle lifted her sickly mother off of her own body and threw her to the ground with one fell swoop before she leapt away from the bed to snatch the latch on the windows to grant entrance to the pair of owls, one she knew to be Devin’s, but the other, she couldn’t be sure and she hurriedly moved to read each. Still a matted heap on the ground, Lilith sat dumbstruck staring at the pair of owls that she was sure had been Death Eaters.

”Mum, are you alright? Look, we’ve got an invitation to a ball with the Nott family…” Belle began to explain, slowly, with carefully enunciated words and deliberate pauses to ensure her mother would understand. But Lilith hadn’t understood a word, she nodded incoherently, and it was clear that every single word rattled her mind but left without ever making an impression. It hurt to watch her mother like this, falling to pieces.

Belle finally left the confines of her mother’s room, if only for the moment, to send a hasty response to Devin after briefly speaking to her father about the ordeal, and the ball, even though she was sure that she would be forced to attend while her parents stayed behind. Perhaps she could invite Devin with her? Or… Halvine?

No, no, she shook her head at once, her immobile quill set to the parchment while her brain coursed. Halvine Clenore was a Gryffindor now, and her father would never approve, despite their history. Besides, Hal was different now, or so she forced herself to believe. Devin was sweet, and shy, and much more simple to understand than Halvine ever was…

Desires: Freedom
Troubles: Father

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 am
Voltaire the owl found his way to Annabelle's humble abode once again the gave a short peck on the window so he didn't scare the owner of this house like last time.

Quote:
Belles,

Yes it is about time right? Okay, so Saturday it is. And yes, I did get an invite to the Nott's Summer Ball. It should be a fun experience really since I actually want to go. You should go... And the answer to your second question...Yes, we can go together. I look forward to seeing you

Devin Anthony

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 am
My life is so cold
User Image

Fifth Year, Slytherin Seeker

" What do you mean you haven't seen her in days??!!" Annabelle's voice cracked, nearly shrieked, as she dropped her luggage on the floor, her half kneazle squeezing out of her grasp and scampered off, away from the tension.

Her father sat, one leg cross ed over the other in his old leather arm chair, an issue of the Daily Prophet neatly folded over in his hands to the business page, not a concern etched on his features.

Belle crossed the foyer into the open living room where he sat. His impending blue eyes pierced into hers, a coldness dwelling there that she could not understand. "Mon amour, her father said softly with his British tongue, using the coveted name her mother had always called her. "Your mother and I have... had our differences... this isn't the first time she's run off, she'll be back." He promised.
"How long has she been gone?"
"Almost a week, maybe more. But don't let that concern you dear, we're going to have dinner with Mr. Cloud and his son tomorrow evening." He concluded, returning to his newspaper at hand, dismissing the conversation entirely.

Annabelle growled under her breath, smiled, curtsied, and ran up the stairs to her room.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Worry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Belle stood nervously at the porch, her pale green misted eyes staring with a glazed look at the grand crystal glass encased in the center of dark oak wooden doors. This, she realized, would be the very first time that her boyfriend had actually come inside of her home. She missed it dearly, but, she dreaded the thought of her father. He was, well enough, but he was always a cold man, especially after his mother’s disappearance—and all of the rumors in the papers that she had tried to ignore that told tales of infidelity and—

She couldn’t think about it anymore. Her family name had already been drug the grit and grime for so long, she just couldn’t let it bother her. Finally, with a deep sigh, she wrapped her fingers in the blond Hufflepuffs hands beside her and smiled up at him warmly. At the very least, she had him here, and there was no way her father would ever do anything with company around—especially her betrothed. It left a bitter, poisonous burn in her tongue every time she thought about it, how her parents had arranged this marriage without her knowledge or consent. Of course she loved him, and in her heart, she knew she’d always be with him, but—

She was born to be free, and he understood that—but no one else did. Shaking these thoughts away, she forced a bright grin. ”Well, ready for the grand tour?” Belle giggled, hoping that her father was at work right now as she teased her new short blonde locks, which, had only been cut a few days ago on her last Hogsmeade trip.

Fashionably: Ravishing
Troubles: Curiosity

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Seventh YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

William came up to her doorway, looking up at the little, well, only little compared to his, house. He...liked it. He loved his house, but the spacious nature of it really began to get on his nerves, due to the fact that walking distances to get everywhere are absolutely ridiculous. Just to go to the bathroom it would take 2 minutes. Well, if he was in the living room. But either way, he enjoyed being here, mainly because the girl he loved was standing next to him. His betrothed in other words, but he would rather not call her that. He loved her for sure, but that was not the problem. He didn't take a liking to be told what to do, nor did she. It was rather funny, because the fact that even if they weren't told, they would probably end up with the same results, but indeed it would be much later that they did.

William looked to her as she giggled, that gorgeous musical tone of her voice got him every time. And for a second, he just stared into her eyes. Those beautiful green eyes of her. Forgetting to answer her question. "You know, you really look so...oh wait, your question. Yeah! Lets go," he said to her, smiling brightly, sort of embarrassed. But it was okay because it was her of all people.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:46 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

Annabelle could only shake her head, smiling as soft blonde tresses swayed in her face while Devin seemed hypnotized—it happened more often than not—but the longer she stared at him, waiting, her smile grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until he finally agreed. Laughing, Belle nodded and slipped out her wand from her purse, sliding it into the keyhole as it unlocked the door and she led the way. ”This, is the most interesting room in the house,

“Probably the only room I’ll show you other than the kitchen and bedrooms,”
she winked playfully at him as she spun in a circle and gestured around the room. ”My family loves to hunt, be it magical, or muggle animals, though my father seems to take more to muggle hunting. I don’t quite like the idea of killing animals but—

“I never could object to a fur coat.”
She giggled as her fingers ran across the arm of the towering black bear that looked over the entire room, and then her eyes glided over the dragon heads, the augureys and bobcats.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 pm
User Image

William Cloud

Sixth YearHufflepuffChaser

William looked around at her house, quite pleased with it to be honest. He liked it. It was quite lavish for its humble outsides. He loved the whole theme of this room, maybe because he liked the feel. When she talked about showing her other rooms, he happily obliged.

"Hmm, your bedroom. I could only imagine what's in there. There's got to be a lot of posters on the walls," he laughed, kind of hinting that he wanted to go there next.

"You know, you always did love those fur coats of yours. he said, walking over to her and wrapping his one arm around her. He watched over for a little bit and waited for the next part of the tour, which he definitely looked forward to. He loved this house and he couldn't wait to live her for a couple weeks.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

She giggled as she watched his eyes roam the length of the house, scanning each of the heads decorated on plaques lined around the walls. She waited, almost tentatively, to see if her father’s voice would ring through the walls of her home, but it never did. He couldn’t have been home, she realized with a grin. ”Oh bugger off, I don’t have any posters,” she teased him, sticking her tongue out at him as he wrapped his arm around her. ”C’mon, let’s go to my room,” she flashed him a wink, tugging at his waist as she lead him out of the room and down the hall towards her bedroom.

The last door on the left, she tapped her wand against the door in a quick pattern before the lock clicked open and she pushed the handle down, swinging it open. Her room was dominated by pinks and purples, and the night sky had been enchanted into her ceiling to always project the starry skies above her. Pillows and pillows and more pillows paraded her round bed, and she smirked up at him as she pulled him in further where the soft white carpet sank under her heels. ”Sooooo, what do you think?” She giggled, wrapping her arms around his waist as she inched up to nibble gently on his neck, her hot breath trickling down his flesh.

”Silver Eagle III”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:01 pm
User Image

William Cloud

Seventh YearHufflepuffChaser

William smiled as she pulled him in further. Wow, what a room this was. It felt like he was outside and it was pretty amusing. He laughed when she commented about having no posters. He thought for sure there would be something hanging on her walls, but that's beside the point.

"Pillows, a lot of pillows," he laughed, kissing her neck. "But I'm not really paying too much attention to the pillows if you know what I mean," he told her, winking at her. He had not spent time alone with Belle in awhile and he would live it up.

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces