Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Abandoned Acacia Manor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 pm
A once beautiful home that fell into a state of disrepair recently due to the death of the family patriarch. The only living heir (Jasmine Acacia) does not wish to live her currently, although her brother (Zane Acacia) can be seen lurking around the grounds from time to time.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 pm
Shadows of the Past

Korbin Acacia
Laurel Acacia
Jasmine Acacia
Zane Acacia
Erianthe Acacia

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 pm
Would you Care to Know...

...how many pets we have?

Right now, we have about four. It's a bit too many to keep track of really.

...who is Erianthe talking about?

Erianthe has been diagnosed as being shizophrenic. The most common vision she has is of a young man who she believes to be her brother. She calls this illusion Lennor.

...who Korbin is also seeing?

As a famous Quidditch player, Korbin has a hard time staying faithful to his wife. He can't help it if all these beautiful women want to be with him. Right now, he's seeing Evelyn Claire Youngblood.

...anything else?

Both Erianthe and Zane were sorted into Ravenclaw. Jasmine was placed into Slytherin. Both Korbin and Laurel were Hufflepuffs.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:32 pm
User Image

Laurel Acacia

MotherWifeCurrently UnemployedFormer Hufflepuff

A woman sat alone in her living room stroking an elderly looking cat. Both appeared to be staring out the window, trying to ignore their lonliness. The woman missed her children, all three were currently at Hogwarts. Sure, she had been a bit depressed that none of them had gotten into her own House, but they seemed pretty happy. She was just shocked that one of her daughters ended up in Slytherin.

The cat stood and streched before jumping off her master's lap. She looked at her as though asking what she should do with her life.

"Don't you look a' me like that Ellery," the woman scolded. "Just because Jazz, Eria and Zane are all off at school and Korbin hasn't bothered ta return home doesn't mean that I'm pitiful. How can I be? Then again, how can I not be? Laurel sighed. She really did have nothing much to do. Ellery just kept looking at her. "Well, I suppose I could finally get a job of me own," the woman decided as she stood up and went upstairs.

I've already tried to keep standing many times
But that's probably not the answer, right?
'Cause then I won't go against this wind

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:28 pm
User Image

Zane Acacia

Second YearRavenclawTriplet

Zane was quite glad to be home. He still wasn't sure of the stuff that Roi had gotten him into. All he knew, was that he had a chance to get power without becoming a celebrity like his dad. A chance that he could take now. One he wasn't going to talk about with his family. As if they'd understand.

"Hi mum," he said before hugging the lady who was sitting in the family room.

What I see in the night
What I feel in your heart.
All your dreams, all your lies
Can you tell them apart?

Do you lie here awake
As the shadows look on?
Should they cry for your sake?
Should you sleep in their arms?

For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every dream that you've had
Every act you regret!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:36 pm
User Image

Jasmine Acacia

Second YearSlytherinTriplet

Jasmine couldn't believe the year she had just went through. She had been sorted into Slytherin, away from her siblings. This meant that she couldn't always be there for her sister. She would have hoped that Zane would have stepped up, but it appeared that he had stepped back. Jazz had even heard rumors that he had been down in the dungeon, and not for good reasons.

Putting all that aside, she ran into the room. "Mum! she exclaimed as she jumped into the woman's lap.

A moody defiance
Of all of life's tyrants

While you've been searching
Your heart

Alone with us, in the Dark

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:43 pm
What is this thing
You keep inside? Out of
The light and wrapped
In pride?
Always afraid that
One day it will show.
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

Erianthe Acacia

Second Year Ravenclaw

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Erianthe had a pretty simple year at school. She hadn't done much, and that was probably for the best. For who would want to hang out with her? Jasmine always seemed busy and Zane had his own dealings. Lennor was the only one who stuck by her.

"We're back!" she exclaimed, quite happy to be in her own house again.

ζеɳɳσɾ ~ Lennor followed Erianthe into their house. He had missed it. Hogwarts just seemed a bit too constraining, but that didn't mean that he had no plans. That part of Erianthe always had plans. She just needed to listen closer. For he could change her for the better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:57 pm
User Image

Laurel Acacia

MotherWifeCurrently UnemployedFormer Hufflepuff

Laurel was glad to see her kids were home. One of their father's friends must have dropped them off. "Welcome back, loves," she said happily. It would be nice to have them back. "Your father's off a' work still," she added.

I've already tried to keep standing many times
But that's probably not the answer, right?
'Cause then I won't go against this wind

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:45 pm
User Image

Zane Acacia

"That's a'right. I'll just head up to my room," Zane said before gathering up his things and heading up the stairs and into his room. It was just as he left it, although it was a bit cleaner. His mother probablly did that. He sighed as he put his bags in a corner and plopped onto his bed.

What I see in the night
Can you tell them apart?

Do you lie here awake
As the shadows look on?

For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every act you regret!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:50 pm
User Image

Jasmine Acacia

Jasmine watched as her brother sulked off up to his room. She knew something was going on, and she was determined to figure out what that something was. The Slytherin mereley sighed as she followed her brother up to his room.

When she peered inside she saw him sitting on his bed. "Don't think that I don't know," Jasmine said quietly as she walked in and sat at the foot of Zane's bed. He was going to tell her exactly what was going on.

A moody defiance
Of all of life's tyrants

Your heart

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:14 pm
User Image

Zane Acacia

Zane panicked a bit. Did Jasmine know? It would make sense, especially if she knew he was down in the dungeons instead of being at the last feast. Jazz would know too. She was a Slytherin, and the Dungeons were her home while they were at school.

Yet what could he tell her? How could he evade his sister? They were triplets. It wasn't like there was much room to hide. Erianthe couldn't save him. He had ignored her all year. Could that be what this was about?

"Know what?" Zane asked, trying not to sound defensive. He figured it was a safe question. One that wouldn't burry him without cause.

What I see in the night
Can you tell them apart?

Do you lie here awake
As the shadows look on?

For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every act you regret!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 pm
User Image

Jasmine Acacia

Jasmine sighed. She should have expected as much from her brother. Even with as off as Erianthe was, she would much rather deal with her at her worst than Zane at the moment. "Zane, don't play dumb," she said as she rolled her eyes.

A moody defiance
Of all of life's tyrants

Your heart

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:49 pm
User Image

Fastened with a silver ribbon embroidered with the black silhouette insignia of an English Bullmastiff at each end, a scroll of parchment awaited on a regal owl perched at the windowsill and left once the message had been delivered.

Dear Acacia Family,

You have been cordially invited
to

the Nott family
Summer Ball and Banquet

July 14,
5:30 pm
Nott Meadow Drive
Wales,

Toast to the new summer,
Guests, friends, and family, are always welcome

User Image