Persona 4 Anime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:35 pm
Persona 4 has been adapted into an anime, with episodes currently being released. While it doesn't compare to actually playing the game, I recommend it to anyone who's looking for something to do.

(also, if you don't live in the US, you might have to Google for them)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:05 pm
WE'RE ALL TRAPPED IN A MAZE OF RELATIONSHIPS  

Allegro

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 pm
Just a heads-up: Anime Network generally makes the first episode free for everyone, the second episode free for anyone with an account, and the third episode on requires a subscription. They're also putting it up on Hulu, so there's an alternative.

Jaycorn
While it doesn't compare to actually playing the game

They kept in the calendar animation, the stat screen, and the eye close-up. They're re-using the music from the game. Yuu has no personality. They obviously want it to compare to playing the game. xd
But if they're going for an authentic experience, they need a couple of episodes of the investigation team running around levels and fighting monsters.

Also, those several minutes of Yosuke going on about how he's going to piss himself. Every time I play this game I completely forget that this part exists, so I get to sit through it again and wonder how someone approved this script. It's not the stupidest moment in the game, but at least most of the really stupid moments are funny and/or plot-relevant.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 pm
Zephyrkitty
Just a heads-up: Anime Network generally makes the first episode free for everyone, the second episode free for anyone with an account, and the third episode on requires a subscription. They're also putting it up on Hulu, so there's an alternative.

Jaycorn

They kept in the calendar animation, the stat screen, and the eye close-up. They're re-using the music from the game. Yuu has no personality. They obviously want it to compare to playing the game. xd
But if they're going for an authentic experience, they need a couple of episodes of the investigation team running around levels and fighting monsters.

Also, those several minutes of Yosuke going on about how he's going to piss himself. Every time I play this game I completely forget that this part exists, so I get to sit through it again and wonder how someone approved this script. It's not the stupidest moment in the game, but at least most of the really stupid moments are funny and/or plot-relevant.

Oh, crap! Hulu isn't available in my country. Hopefully it'll be up on Youtube, or else I might just have to pay. Thanks for the warning.

They did do an amazing job of staying loyal to the game, but I just felt that things went a bit too quickly, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to get everything if I hadn't played the game first. Maybe it's also just harder for me without the dubbing. >_>' There were so many parts with the media and characters talking at the same time as well, so it's a little bit overwhelming.

I think my least favourite thing about it is just the fact that it's a show and not a game anymore, so you can't do all that fun interactive video game stuff. But then, it's also great because no one has to have a PlayStation system to enjoy it. Hah.

I do wish the animation was a bit nicer, too.

I love the ridiculous parts like that, with Yosuke needing to pee or Yukiko laughing her a** off at things that aren't funny. It makes them feel more like actual people with quirks and stuff, rather than lifeless fictional characters. That was especially refreshing when they were just RPG characters.

Allegro
WE'RE ALL TRAPPED IN A MAZE OF RELATIONSHIPS

LIFE GOES ON WEETH OR WEETHOUT YU

I'm so glad they kept that as the opening theme. So good!

Edit: they did not keep that for the opening except for in the first episode. lul. I wish sky's the limit stayed as the ending theme only.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:52 pm
Jaycorn
Zephyrkitty

Jaycorn

Oh, crap! Hulu isn't available in my country. Hopefully it'll be up on Youtube, or else I might just have to pay. Thanks for the warning.

They did do an amazing job of staying loyal to the game, but I just felt that things went a bit too quickly, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to get everything if I hadn't played the game first. Maybe it's also just harder for me without the dubbing. >_>' There were so many parts with the media and characters talking at the same time as well, so it's a little bit overwhelming.

I think my least favourite thing about it is just the fact that it's a show and not a game anymore, so you can't do all that fun interactive video game stuff. But then, it's also great because no one has to have a PlayStation system to enjoy it. Hah.

I do wish the animation was a bit nicer, too.

I love the ridiculous parts like that, with Yosuke needing to pee or Yukiko laughing her a** off at things that aren't funny. It makes them feel more like actual people with quirks and stuff, rather than lifeless fictional characters. That was especially refreshing when they were just RPG characters.

I'm sure the episodes will be uploaded to YouTube, but you'll have to see whether or not the companies decide to get them pulled down. Aside from that, torrent?
They've already confirmed an eventual DVD/BD release, so you could also go for that if you're really patient.

I thought they did a pretty good job of condensing the first couple of hours into one episode, but I could definitely see a newcomer being confused afterwards.
I could understand the subs making it hard to follow. I don't really have a problem with it anymore since I watch most shows subbed at this point, but I remember it taking some getting used to and I've had other people comment on it when we're watching something that's subtitled only.

I agree about them feeling more like people, but Yosuke nearly peeing himself didn't really do much for me in that regard. There are plenty of other scenes that do work (both in positive and negative ways), but that part just comes across as annoying.
I will agree about Yukiko's laughing fits, though!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:04 pm
Jaycorn

Episode 3 is up on the Anime Network now, and apparently I lied. It looks like this is one of their shows where you can watch the whole thing on their site without a subscription.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items