Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
protection from spirits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 pm
im sure some of you more expeirenced people know plenty, but im a newbie and dont. point! ok so i'll skip backstory cuz it's a bit confusing, but i think (well ok pretty much know) that there is a spirit, or will be a spirit that will try to hurt my little brother. how is part of the backsotry, but i need to know if there's something i can do to protect a 4yr old without letting him or anyone else know that i'm doing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 pm
Are you trying to keep spirits out of the home or away from the person? Keeping them out of the home is relatively simple but keeping them away from the person without anyone knowing may take some craftiness.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm
Obscurus
Are you trying to keep spirits out of the home or away from the person? Keeping them out of the home is relatively simple but keeping them away from the person without anyone knowing may take some craftiness.
away from him. he's leaves the house a lot so i don't think that'll help a lot ><  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:04 pm
BSPBleach
Obscurus
away from him. he's leaves the house a lot so i don't think that'll help a lot ><

My first thought is some kind of charm you could give as a gift.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 pm
figured a charm would work best. but he'd either lose it, eat it, trade it, forget it, or my mother would see it and burn/trash it.......lol why i resorted to you experty people!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 am
hm you could attempt to seal the spirit in some sort of item or bind it to an area :3  

neko-mata-01

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:22 pm
neko-mata-01
hm you could attempt to seal the spirit in some sort of item or bind it to an area :3
lol if i could see it or knew where it was maybe.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:12 pm
I guess there's always a spell of protection. You may want to examine whether it's ethical to cast a spell like that on someone without their consent though. Not everyone feels it's good to interfere, even if for the better. It's a personal decision in my opinion.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 am
Obscurus
I guess there's always a spell of protection. You may want to examine whether it's ethical to cast a spell like that on someone without their consent though. Not everyone feels it's good to interfere, even if for the better. It's a personal decision in my opinion.
lol he's 4 and thinks i'm his second mother. he'll give me consent to do whatever i want xd

and if you mean my mothers consent, well. to cut out the useless rant and fight you all are nothing a part of (luckily for you), i don't care. i'm not going to let her hippocritical, occult damning hide deny me doing something to protect my brother. (ok so a little bit of the rant ninja )  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:37 pm
BSPBleach
Obscurus
lol he's 4 and thinks i'm his second mother. he'll give me consent to do whatever i want xd

and if you mean my mothers consent, well. to cut out the useless rant and fight you all are nothing a part of (luckily for you), i don't care. i'm not going to let her hippocritical, occult damning hide deny me doing something to protect my brother. (ok so a little bit of the rant ninja )

Might want to hit the books then.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

RubyRhapsodies

Newbie Noob

9,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:09 pm
Well... I would say make a talisman/amulet he can carry around without his mother seeing it.

You could use a SATOR square? He can fold it up into a little paper square and stick it in his pocket?

You best option is a piece of paper, I would say. The symbol you draw doesn't really matter, I would only say that it should be a symbol you personally feel is a symbol of protection against spirits.

Next, meditate. clear your mind completely of anything else that will get in the way of the creation of the amulet, and somehow visualize all impurities leaving the paper, and project an energy you feel is cleansing onto the paper, and imagine the impurities dissolving into the air, away from the paper.

Next, etch the symbol onto the paper, strongly focusing on protecting your sibling from all forms of danger, wishing them well-being and happiness, and imagine that wish transferring through your writing utensil onto the paper.

Next, when you are finished writing it, charge it, pointing at the symbol(s) and projecting energy onto them, imagining them filling up with love and goodwill and protection for it's wearer.

At the close of this, consciously be aware that this is the end of your crafting session, and mentally disconnect yourself from the talisman.

A candle can be used to represent divine love and light, and you can visualize it also, with your energies, flowing into the paper.

Talismans act like a selective prism, converting cosmic energy into a specific form of energy to bring about a specific effect, so you must be very focused and clear on what you want when you make the talisman, the more focus, the more powerful it will be.

When you have made it, give it to them, and tell them exactly what it is for, and tell them that it's your special secret with them, and no one else should know or they might lose it. Try to get them to tune in with it, to focus their energy onto the talisman, and to think about being protected from any nasty things that might try to do anything, knowing they are protected. This possibly doubles the effect, if they take it seriously.

Also, from time to time you need to cleanse it, clarify the talisman and get all the negative energy that might have gotten onto it over time off, to do this, you simply go through the steps of charging it after using some visualization technique to cleanse it. charging meaning focusing on your intentions you put onto the talisman once again and projecting energy onto it.

I hope this helps. o_o  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:25 am
That'd be extremely useful if he was eight and knew what a promise was, and could keep track of anything for longer than two seconds. -sigh- looks like I'm to have to be creative.... And patient  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:23 pm
Now I realize this is an old post, but when i'm doing research, I often find that looking back and posting forms not only helps me learn, but others as well. I'm trying to find a good way to deflect something like this too.

Something that you could try, would be to just go into his room and bless his clothes, and his shoes as well!

In the past I found that energising my clothes that I wear with love, attracts love, visualising layers on them, like moving water, or even porcupine quills protects me from other peoples hateful words. Lets just say you can get creative!
And as long as its loving, I think you'll be okay. Moms and family members always want to protect the ones that they love. Its okay to push your love and spirit into their stuff without them knowing if you think that they might be in danger.

But by far the best thing that you can do is be an active, big part in their life, give them great advice, and stray away from hurtful things as much as possible. <3 Spread the love. Just if it ever gets down to the nitty gritty, since you said that you left some background stuff out, never get vengeful. I probably don't need to tell you this, but just as a reminder, never do anything out of hate or when you are upset.

Feel free to get creative.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm
lol yeah you definitly don't need to tell me not to do anything out of negative emotions. I learned that lesson the hard way long ago.

Amyways, thanks for the idea. I'll see what i can do with that won't take too much time or energy as he grows out of his clothes every 2months.  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games