Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
This is Different

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SC Rammstein

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:42 pm
Alright, let me rant a bit.

My dad is a motherf**king furhater. Ever since I asked him if it would be OK if I had a FurAffinity account, he found the simplest adult references in a single picture, and asked if I knew what a furry is.

I lied and said no, and he told me that they were people who enjoyed dressing up in animal costumes and having sex. I was going to argue, but then he said one thing that changed my mind.

"You are to have no interaction with ANY furry, ever."

Now, this was about a year ago. The most recent rebellion against his order was about 6 months ago, when I had to freaking type up a speech telling him what and what not a furry was. So how do I tell him that I'm a furry, and what a furry really is? Any help would be appreciated dearly.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:32 pm
Well like all things, there are different types of people who fall under the same umbrella of description.

You are as much a furry as the people who go all out and dress up in fursuits. Just as they are as much a furry as someone who does not interact with the fandom at all but considers themselves a furry.

Try to explain how you are different from the furries he hears about online or in the news. That not everyone who associates themselves with furries partakes in the 'strange' acts that people hear about.

You don't have to ask someones permission to be how you are. What it sounds like you want is for him to accept you for the way you are.  

00Shoe
Captain

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:18 pm
Why do you feel a need to tell your father anyway?
Is it to prove to him that not all Furries are horrible?
Good luck changing his mind then.
Do you feel a need to let him know every aspect of you?

Because honestly, he doesn't need to know.
If you want him to buy you Furry things, may as well save up to buy it yourself.
It sounds like he's made up his mind; there's very little you can do or say to someone like that.

I suggest you keep it to yourself and wait until you're on your own, if you aren't already.
And if you are out of the house, then forget about him.
Live your own life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 am
Both of you, thank you very much, but I want my father to know because he is one of those, "If something's different, it's bad," people. He doesn't need to know every aspect of my personal life, but like the title of the thread says, this is different. He needs to understand to not judge a book by it's cover, so to speak.

I will 00Shoe's approach, and DarkWolfLove, that's something that I would rather die then do. I've kept my two fursona's to myself for years, excluding my closest friends, and half of them think I'm insane for having even ONE fursona. My girlfriend and her two friends are the only other devoted furries I know. I DO want him to accept who I am, but he doesn't. I joined Boy Scouts, and a Martial Art, but that's the only part of me that he accepts. The mature, responsible me. What he doesn't recognize, is that I have as much of a childish, imaginative side as well, that I will never let go of. I also have reason to believe that he is involved in an affair. I hate him. I only want him to realize who he has helped create.

Again, thank you, thank you so much.  

SC Rammstein

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:06 am
I can only say good luck at this point.

So good luck! cat_3nodding  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items