Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:20 pm
Got any questions about the yaoi world, what the hottest yaoi manga are or just have a question that you could never find an answer to? Well just ask me, and I'll give you the answer, for I am the question guru!!!!!

Man, I sound like a television ad, lol. But seriously, any questions you have, I'll answer to the best of my ability.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 pm
what a good yaoi for a first timer?  

Judge Loves You

6,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 pm
Well it all depends on what kinda of yaoi you're looking for. There's ones with comedy, tragedy, drama, mature, etc.

Some really good ones that most people often recommend are Junjou Romantica and You're My Love Prize in Viewfinder for first time readers. Some that I personally recommend would be Wild Rock, Usagi Otoko Tora Otoko, The Tyrant Falls in Love, and Kimi ga Koi Oboreru for a first timer.

Once you get use to these types of reading, then you can read the more heavier, hardcore yaoi, but those aren't usually manga that first timers read since it tends to scare them sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:55 am
*comes in totally late* I agree, start with something light. For anime, might I suggest Sekai'ichi Hatsukoi and Gakuen Heaven as well? Maybe Sukisyo, too. They're not too heavy, and they're pretty good. They're mostly cute and funny with a bit of drama, but I can only think of so many that aren't too hardcore at the moment. Heh heh, sorry. sweatdrop  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:01 pm
Bloodlust_Faerie
*comes in totally late* I agree, start with something light. For anime, might I suggest Sekai'ichi Hatsukoi and Gakuen Heaven as well? Maybe Sukisyo, too. They're not too heavy, and they're pretty good. They're mostly cute and funny with a bit of drama, but I can only think of so many that aren't too hardcore at the moment. Heh heh, sorry. sweatdrop

Those are good suggestions, I completely forgot about anime yaoi shows. Another anime that might work would be Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru, also known as Betrayal Knows My Name. It's not quite to yaoi level, just some shounen ai, but it's good if you like drama and some fighting as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:20 am
I've been looking into watching that for a while. I think I watched an episode or two a while back, but it's been some time, so I want to check it out again. Does the shounen ai come in a little later? I thought there was some, but I wasn't sure how much or when it came in.  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:35 pm
Bloodlust_Faerie
I've been looking into watching that for a while. I think I watched an episode or two a while back, but it's been some time, so I want to check it out again. Does the shounen ai come in a little later? I thought there was some, but I wasn't sure how much or when it came in.

The shounen ai comes in much later, like in the middle area but it's really,really light stuff, like they are just realizing their feelings and somewhat confessing. The pair that has the fire guy, can't recall his name at the moment, and his partner are basically on the level of loving, but they don't do much T^T  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 pm
Oh. Is there at least a kiss or something?  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:06 am
I don't think there is from I remember, but then again I haven't seen that anime show in about a year so I need to rewatch it again in order to remember.  
Questions, Comments, and Ranting Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games