Reply Wi-Fi Connection
Friggin' snakers! >< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:48 am
They're seriously pissing me off now. There's ALWAYS one snaker and they ruin it completely. Blargh! stressed It's not a fun game at all anymore with the stupid snakers.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:44 pm
You should learn it. It's just like in super smash brothers. There are those who play for fun, and those to win. >_>;  

Kingoftheuniverse

playace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:17 am
Kingoftheuniverse
You should learn it. It's just like in super smash brothers. There are those who play for fun, and those to win. >_>;

The harder you play at it though the more fun it is. I think it's unfair to compare the two games, as such a cheap tactic isn't availible in Smash Bros.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:16 am
i need to get more consistent at power sliding overall before i can even touch snaking. so much work o.o.  

KontonSu

LoudKid

Distinct Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:54 pm
playace
Kingoftheuniverse

The harder you play at it though the more fun it is. I think it's unfair to compare the two games, as such a cheap tactic isn't availible in Smash Bros.

Uhh...what about wave-dashing? Or trapping someone against a wall with Link's sword-jab...? Or going to the edge as Kirby when someone has a hammer, sucking them in, then blowing them off the side...?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:14 am
YelloBoi
playace
Kingoftheuniverse

Uhh...what about wave-dashing? Or trapping someone against a wall with Link's sword-jab...? Or going to the edge as Kirby when someone has a hammer, sucking them in, then blowing them off the side...?

Such tactics can't constantly be done through a whole match non-stop. Even if you play someone unskilled enough to escape, once they respawn they would be placed away from the situation & still have a fair shot at winning.

Hmm why not make 2 MK friend code lists here? One for non-snakers & one for snakers?  

Naito

Prettybaby2k8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:50 pm
KontonSu
i need to get more consistent at power sliding overall before i can even touch snaking. so much work o.o.

Practice in Vs or Time Trials. biggrin Thats how I learned.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm
Naito
YelloBoi
playace
Kingoftheuniverse

Such tactics can't constantly be done through a whole match non-stop. Even if you play someone unskilled enough to escape, once they respawn they would be placed away from the situation & still have a fair shot at winning.

Hmm why not make 2 MK friend code lists here? One for non-snakers & one for snakers?

yes they can. you can wavedash all match and use mindgames to pwn them. you can l cancel every attack to move even faster. you can do TONS of advanced tactics all game to win, I do it all the time.

the point of a game is to win. winning is fun. if you want to win, do everything in your power to make your kart go faster (with the exception of hacking/making the other person not be able to control his/her self)

and not to mention, NOA andy even said that snaking was MEANT to be in the game. the guys at nintendo saw a clip of people snaking on MK biggrin D and decided that would be a good tactic to implement in MK biggrin S. otherwise you would still need 3 sparks to get a drift boost instead of just 2.  

felix45

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:28 pm
Damn you, Andy! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:10 am
Even if snaking is "supposed to be in there" a tatic like that is cheap. It looks stupid, and it makes people want to play less.

Why would nintendo condone such things? I have no idea.

I play to win and have fun. I however see snaking as a form of cheating.

It takes away from the beauty of a race to have some glitched up slider see who can slide the best.

MK biggrin S "Snake Contest!"

XD I didnt buy THIS game. Well at least I thought I did.

As for Super Smash Bros. Melee? I think those things are tasteful tatics, and well done.

The differnce?

Whenever I see a snaker I see them dash along the corse sliding and appearing glitchy (And no its not my game or connection only Snakers do this)

It messed with the game for me...

Melee's glitches allow for more tatics to be made and used, and their may be tatics that may very well not be discoverd yet.

So why would I condone Melee over Mario Kart?

Because the glitch (I will always refer snaking as a glitch) makes the game worse for others. While the ones in Melee are how different styles can be used.

In Mario Kart there is one style. SNAKE. If you dont cheat you lose.

Snaking is a form of hacking in my opinion.  

Gadien

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:52 am
What also makes snaking bad is that they don't even pay attention to the other players anymore, there's no more competition, they're just snaking and doing their little 'thing'. It's more fun to have a head-to-head race where you constantly pester eachother with items and stuffs, but the snakers just toss items aside without even aiming for the opponents, it's dumb...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:00 am
felix45

yes they can. you can wavedash all match and use mindgames to pwn them. you can l cancel every attack to move even faster. you can do TONS of advanced tactics all game to win, I do it all the time.

the point of a game is to win. winning is fun. if you want to win, do everything in your power to make your kart go faster (with the exception of hacking/making the other person not be able to control his/her self)

and not to mention, NOA andy even said that snaking was MEANT to be in the game. the guys at nintendo saw a clip of people snaking on MK biggrin D and decided that would be a good tactic to implement in MK biggrin S. otherwise you would still need 3 sparks to get a drift boost instead of just 2.

Sorry dude, but you must play against some sad opponents for that to work all day. blaugh

Meh I tend to just turn the game off when I play against snakers now since it's a waste of time playing with them. After all the power button is part of the game so it was supposed to be in there. It's a skill I've mastered. Hehe snaker logic. mrgreen  

Naito

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:32 pm
Naito
felix45

Sorry dude, but you must play against some sad opponents for that to work all day. blaugh

Meh I tend to just turn the game off when I play against snakers now since it's a waste of time playing with them. After all the power button is part of the game so it was supposed to be in there. It's a skill I've mastered. Hehe snaker logic. mrgreen
Nice.

And if I'm playing n00bs, and one of them starts snaking, I'll make it my duty to make that person get last.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:51 pm
@Naito - I'm just going to assume you dont exist, mind games are the only thing in Melee after technical skill

@everyone else - snaking is 1 of 2 things that make MK tourney worthy. w/ out it, no skill is required, just extreme luck w/ items.
the only other thing that makes it tourney worth is jumping. that's it. it adds depth to the game, gives it higher replay value, and the list goes on.

Melee has infinate replay value not only because it is awsome multiplayer game/awsome party game, but because of its immense depth. Still today there are techniques being discovered (ex: moonwalk) that haven't found a use but still may find one, and it has been a over 4 years sense its release in 01. (in 01 it was released at launch of GCN)

MKDS is one of my favorite games though not because of snaking or because of jumping, or its depth for that matter. I like MKDS because it is opening the eyes of many many people that never realized games could have depth, and that you really can have an advantage over a person who picks up a game that day, and that you can win money off of games. sure, this has existed in a fairly large community for about 10 years, but once MKDS came out I've noticed a ton more people getting into gaming as a sport that you can win money from.  

felix45

SolarShadow

6,625 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:04 am
I'm great at both Melee and MKDS, and I only play for fun. I don't care about winning that much, especially if I have to use something cheap to do it. It gets pretty boring when you win all the time.

And yeah, I try to make a sort of "snaker hitlist", too. ninja  
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces