Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Relationships
In need of advice...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ReverseTheJellyBaby

Familiar Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:00 am
Okay so here's the deal:
There are two guys, Brett and Decker. Decker is totally in love with me, would do anything for me, and has told me he wants me as his many times. I think he means it. The problem is I like him and all but not as much as he likes me and he says he's willing to wait for me. I've honestly tried to like him more and might have let it go too far in testing it (I'm pretty sure I've given him false hope) and there's still just...not much...
Then there's Brett who is a really good friend, funny, and can think like me. He's the guy you can talk on the phone till 2am with about absolutely nothing. I really like him but we are taking it slow and getting to know each other better before we go any further.
The problem is which way to go. With Decker I will have security of a relationship but not many sparks. With Brett I'll have sparks but no security. Plus if I go with Brett I lose Decker and crush him and I don't wanna hurt him again. I'm a bit conflicted and out of touch with my emotions. Any advice?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:29 am
I don't think there's much point in starting a relationship with someone you don't feel strongly for, it wouldn't work out too well. I can't speak from experience, but that's what I think.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:30 am
If there are no feelings for the guy who loves you, there's nothing you can do about it.
You can't "develop" feelings if there's nothing to begin with.
Sounds to me like you've made your choice.

Also, if neither work out, it's not the end of the world.
I'm sure you've heard it before, but it is no lie: there are more people out there for you.
And chances are, those people will fit better.

If you can't decide, deep down in your heart, then to me neither of them are a good choice.
You just need to listen to yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:43 am
You'll know honey. YOU will know, don't let them make your decisions. (Brett and Decker. Not the other gaian's, we're here to help not choose for you.)
Lot's of love, I hope it all works out.  

AngellikClockwork

Tipsy Star

SC Rammstein

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:59 pm
I know from expirience that a relationship with someone that you don't have feelings for doesn't turn out very well. Play your cards very carefully, and make your expressions very hard to read on the subject. If you like Decker, but you also know that Brett would take it very harshly if you started dating Decker, stay neutral. Get to know both of them, but not to the point that you give them false hope on anything.

Introduce them to each other at a party, or something of the like perhaps. Then once they know each other, hopefully they will enjoy the others company, and maybe understand the others relationship with you. The goal is to get them to understand. Please, take note, I am not a counselor, and this is just from expirience, but in my young life, I've learned to bide my time, and I humbly suggest that you do the same.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:20 pm
My advice: don't ever try to "make" yourself love someone. I've done that before, and it ruined my life. Technically, you don't even need to be dating either one of them. If you like them both, and they both like you, then you can be... not really sure how to say it, but you get the idea, right? You can have friends that you like that like you. I have several of them, and there's nothing wrong with that. 3nodding  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Relationships

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff