Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 pm
9.5/10

PS3, Xbox 360, PC

You play as dovahkiin (dragonborn), a race with the power to learn and harness the power of thu'ums (dragon shouts) and absorb the souls of dragons for their strength. With this power, you are destined to stop Alduin, The World Eater from destroying Tamriel.

You start the game by making your character, but unlike previous games you only choose your race and gender, and build your character through your actions over time.

Combat feels great, most of the time, but other times it can be a little clunky. When attacking an enemy, it can sometimes feel like your slashing at thin air instead of actually hitting anything.

Dragons are the selling point for Skyrim's main story but the excitement of fighting a dragon quickly disappears as they all do the same thing. They become more of an annoyance after awhile.

There are numerous glitches in Skyrim, some of them being funny, useful exploits or just plain annoying things like sinking through the ground and becoming stuck or an invisible wall blocking your path.

Some of the stories are short and not very well written, but with so many other things that are well written, this can easily be overlooked.

Skyrim should be a game to be taken in all at once, because if you inspect one item too closely you'll notice that the graphics and textures aren't nearly as good as they could be. The designs are still well made and details in equipment are fantastic.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great game, but has much to improve on.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 am
Thanks for the review smile
I still have mines for reserve because my sisters decide to buy it as a christmas present. So yeah I have to wait, which isnt that bad cause its not costing me anything blaugh  

Classic Example

Devout Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Starguy64

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:22 pm
That's a pretty nice short review, I'm planning to get it later sometime.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:21 pm
is it true you slow down if you carry alot of items?  

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:11 pm
Nekromantlc

Yes. Each item has it's own weight and you can only carry a certain amount of weight. You can increase it but it starts out as only being able to carry 300 weight.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:39 pm
Robotic Draconian
Nekromantlc

Yes. Each item has it's own weight and you can only carry a certain amount of weight. You can increase it but it starts out as only being able to carry 300 weight.

hmm ok well at least you cant over do it right wich is kind of cool in its own way!  

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 pm
Nekromantlc
Robotic Draconian
Nekromantlc

hmm ok well at least you cant over do it right wich is kind of cool in its own way!

Well, it slows down adventuring, since if you do what I do and take the expensive gear off every enemy you kill, you have to go back to towns and sell the items before you can continue exploring.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm
Robotic Draconian
Nekromantlc
Robotic Draconian
Nekromantlc

Well, it slows down adventuring, since if you do what I do and take the expensive gear off every enemy you kill, you have to go back to towns and sell the items before you can continue exploring.

I can just imagine how long that should take and you can also fast travle right? so im sure somthing might go wrong along the way.  

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:22 pm
Nekromantlc

I can just imagine how long that should take and you can also fast travle right? so im sure somthing might go wrong along the way.

Well yes you can fast travel, which how Bethesda explained it, it's kind of like flying, so you don't discover new areas, but you also don't run into any kind of trouble. It also saves time.

Anyway, if you need any advice when you get the game just PM me and I'll do my best to assist you (and anyone else in the guild).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Arlight,Skyrim is the best off them all.Oblivion and the others are not soo good.But talk'n Skyrim,thats a diffrent story.
I love the begining.So close to you dying.The dragon saves you then is tryes to kill you haha.
Skyrim 4-5 rating total.Graphics 9-10.It's the best RPG game i've ever played.

Hope you enjoyed my short paragraph. cool  

VerifiedxPhysco

Allenbros rolled 20 100-sided dice: 56, 88, 15, 29, 11, 46, 7, 1, 6, 5, 5, 32, 25, 56, 87, 61, 68, 90, 21, 57 Total: 766 (20-2000)

Allenbros

7,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm
I believe that Skyrim is an awesome game. The only problem is that Bethesda is taking a LOT of shortcuts since Morrowind. I remember that in Morrowind, the detail in suiting your avatar in armor was amazing. Not only could you choose the torso, gloves, and boots; but it let you also mix and match armor pieces, like choosing separate leg, arm, shoulder, foot, and glove armor along with the torso and head. But now it's almost whole body, gloves, boots, and helm. I understand the hard work it takes to make a game with that much detail and while meeting a certain deadline and that can cause some events that weren't expected to happen. Sometimes, I wish they would have stuck with the original armor style of Morrowind. That way, you can have a truly unique Skyrim Character.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 pm
Robotic Draconian
9.5/10

PS3, Xbox 360, PC

You play as dovahkiin (dragonborn), a race with the power to learn and harness the power of thu'ums (dragon shouts) and absorb the souls of dragons for their strength. With this power, you are destined to stop Alduin, The World Eater from destroying Tamriel.

You start the game by making your character, but unlike previous games you only choose your race and gender, and build your character through your actions over time.

Combat feels great, most of the time, but other times it can be a little clunky. When attacking an enemy, it can sometimes feel like your slashing at thin air instead of actually hitting anything.

Dragons are the selling point for Skyrim's main story but the excitement of fighting a dragon quickly disappears as they all do the same thing. They become more of an annoyance after awhile.

There are numerous glitches in Skyrim, some of them being funny, useful exploits or just plain annoying things like sinking through the ground and becoming stuck or an invisible wall blocking your path.

Some of the stories are short and not very well written, but with so many other things that are well written, this can easily be overlooked.

Skyrim should be a game to be taken in all at once, because if you inspect one item too closely you'll notice that the graphics and textures aren't nearly as good as they could be. The designs are still well made and details in equipment are fantastic.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great game, but has much to improve on.

I played Skyrim too, ONCE  

shadowryuu45

Ryura_Kayano

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:16 pm
I plan to get skyrim for my computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:32 pm
Still less glitchy than Oblivion cool  

Eri Tsubaki

Vicious Conversationalist

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200

DocileCard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 am
I think this is the last time ill get a game from this developer. The PS3 is not new to them, they they pull this crap with us all. If they ever do get the game working with ps3 DLC i think we all should get at least the first pack for free due to their lack of care into selling a finished product. It may not have been intentional, but they did it and for that I say poo.  
Game Reviews.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff