Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
HELP ME OUT, TRG! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever found yourself in an unexpected situation?
  Unfortunately. </3
View Results

The Iliaddict

Hygenic Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:13 pm
I've got a situation, relationship-wise.
Let's use variables, shall we?
W asked me out.
I said yes, 'cause I felt bad for him.
But K likes me, too, apparently.
And K hates W, apparently.
So apparently, K never thought that I'd go out with him, so he didn't ask.
But now I'm with W, and he's all depressed.
And I was depressed, too, 'cause I like K a lot, he's my best guy friend.
But W's really sweet, so I don't want to break his poor little heart.
And I still like K a lot.

Help me out? I'm very foreign to relationship troubles, so I've turned to the Internet.
Help me out, TRG! emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm
I've heard this many times before. Happens all the time in my school. I think you should go out with whichever one you like more. It's never a good idea to say yes to someone because you feel sorry for them, because then they get a false sense of hope. If you like W for other reasons rather than pity and sweetness, than stay with him, but if the issue is who you should date, I think you should date K, because if you really did like W, then this whole problem wouldn't have happened.

Of course, I have no idea who they are or what they are like, and this is just me quickly picking your brain for information (does that sound gross?). For all I know, the three of you could be aliens for a planet similar to ours, and you have twelve hundred fingers, each representing a different aura of feeling you can experience, which light up when you dance merrily, or darken if you, oh, I don't know, fall down a well... not that I want that to happen, even to a twelve-hundred fingered alien person... so.... yeah....

P.S. How many fingers do you really have?  

Vuos

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

5,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

User 32423819

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:51 pm
smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:54 pm
As a creature of twenty-seven fingers, I'm still unsure as to what to do. I do like W, really - he's so sweet - but I'm so much happier around K. I have at least two classes with each of them, but not one with the three of us together, so that's good... I've been told by my friends that it's like I'm pulling W around on a string, and I believe that a certain friend told K, because he wasn't acting nearly as depressed as usual and even hugged me.
The thing is, I don't really see myself with K. He's shorter than me, and, though this shouldn't matter, I'm am so white in comparison. Then there's W, who's taller than me, and also very white. Our friends say that we're really cute together, but I'm not sure how to act around the both of them, because no one payed attention to me in grade school...
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, though. (: Even if we are from separate planets.
Vuos

The Iliaddict

Hygenic Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250

Dichlorobenzene

5,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 pm
You started your original relationship with W out of pity, which is a horrid thing to have a relationship based on. Its continuation further relies on the same emotion of pity. You'll do nothing but harm the boy from here on out, so just do it now, as gently as possible.

I honestly don't care about this K kid, it seems obvious what to do with him, but for heaven's sake think of W. How would you like it if your entire relationship was based on pity? Followed by your pity-induced girlfriend breaking up with you and going out with someone who hates you? It would feel like s**t.

tldr; Take care of that W kid, in a gentle and loving manner, because you goofed.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm
Let W down as gently as possible...  

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

FlightlessFae

Shirtless Rogue

8,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Medalist 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm
If you truly like W and don't feel pity towards him anymore and you actually truly like him then you need to make K understand that you like and want to be with W, but you don't want your relationship to destory your friendship. If K doesn't understand that sometimes you should just deal with someone you don't like to make the person you like happy, then that's a problem he has to work out. You sometimes have to make sacrifices to make those you like happy.
If you still feel pity for W and that's what your relationship is then you would need to end it before something really bad happened.
When you're the most lost follow your gut and your heart because they both have the answers you want.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:55 pm
Vuos
I've heard this many times before. Happens all the time in my school. I think you should go out with whichever one you like more. It's never a good idea to say yes to someone because you feel sorry for them, because then they get a false sense of hope. If you like W for other reasons rather than pity and sweetness, than stay with him, but if the issue is who you should date, I think you should date K, because if you really did like W, then this whole problem wouldn't have happened.

Of course, I have no idea who they are or what they are like, and this is just me quickly picking your brain for information (does that sound gross?). For all I know, the three of you could be aliens for a planet similar to ours, and you have twelve hundred fingers, each representing a different aura of feeling you can experience, which light up when you dance merrily, or darken if you, oh, I don't know, fall down a well... not that I want that to happen, even to a twelve-hundred fingered alien person... so.... yeah....

how did you come up with that!? XD  

samoas677

8,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Toxic Pepper
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:59 pm
samoas677
Vuos

Well, it is The Random Guild.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:00 pm
Toxic Pepper
samoas677
Vuos

lrol, true.We have to expect the unexpected.  

samoas677

8,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

The Iliaddict

Hygenic Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:48 pm
I goofed, I did.
I asked W if we could just be friends today. He said okay and mumbled something about going to his locker.
I don't want to date K, but my other friend has pointed out that he was still trying to make moves on me, or whatever, even as I was dating W! I don't want to hurt W anymore.

Your points makes a shitload of sense - thank you so much, both of you. (:
C6H4Cl12

Yemi19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 pm
The Iliaddict
I goofed, I did.
I asked W if we could just be friends today. He said okay and mumbled something about going to his locker.
I don't want to date K, but my other friend has pointed out that he was still trying to make moves on me, or whatever, even as I was dating W! I don't want to hurt W anymore.

C6H4Cl12

Yemi19

Glad things got sorted out, good for you smile  

Dichlorobenzene

5,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

FlightlessFae

Shirtless Rogue

8,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Medalist 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 pm
The Iliaddict
I goofed, I did.

C6H4Cl12

Yemi19

It's good you figured everything out. =3  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:48 pm
samoas677
Toxic Pepper
samoas677
Vuos

lrol, true.We have to expect the unexpected.

Eh, it's what I do.

btw, Iliaddict, I'm glad you got it all worked out. I think you made the right decision. I would give you a hug, but my commander has not yet authorized interplanetary computer hugs for me. He told me it was because the last inter planetary hug we had was.... well.... messy.... if you know what I mean. Some guy once hugged one of the people from the Planet of Scissory, and one thing led to another and BAM! interplanetary lawsuit. Do you know how much PAPERWORK I had to fill out?! I wasn't even working here at the time!! *sigh* Anyway, hopefully will you find another love, maybe one with twenty-seven fingers like yourself. Wouldn't that be a treat? That will truly be a beautiful day indeed. Here, have a penguin head- <(")  

Vuos

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

5,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Iliaddict

Hygenic Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:47 am
I can only imagine how difficult the paperwork was for the resident of the Planet of Scissory! It must have taken ages - every other sentence, an origami swan!
I do look forward to meeting such a person with an adequate phalange count. But I digress. I will have to deal with these obtuse ten-fingered fiends and... penguin heads.
Vuos
I'm glad you got it all worked out. I think you made the right decision. I would give you a hug, but my commander has not yet authorized interplanetary computer hugs for me. He told me it was because the last inter planetary hug we had was.... well.... messy.... if you know what I mean. Some guy once hugged one of the people from the Planet of Scissory, and one thing led to another and BAM! interplanetary lawsuit. Do you know how much PAPERWORK I had to fill out?! I wasn't even working here at the time!! *sigh* Anyway, hopefully will you find another love, maybe one with twenty-seven fingers like yourself. Wouldn't that be a treat? That will truly be a beautiful day indeed. Here, have a penguin head- <(")

The Random Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff