Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Haunting in a house ... possibly Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm
Hi there!

My mom has a problem of things happening where ever she moves. I know that it would be just super unlucky for bad things to keep happening to her wherever she moves. Imagine moving from one haunted house to another. So her and I came up with the possible notion that perhaps, she keeps creating these "problems" or whatever.

Some examples include, loud unexplainable noises erupting around the house in the middle of the night, kind of sounding like springs exploding, like they are huge springs, like the ones on old tractors (from what she descibed) and blinds rattling. My brothers friend thought someone was breaking in one night. The windows were closed and locked, and suddenly there was a crash, and the blinds started rattling pretty bad. Next my bother was in his room and there was a door shaking pretty bad, an opened door mind you. almost like a fast vibration. (I remember this also happening in one of the other houses we used to live in.)

Now my first thought was logical, my mom does have cats, that crash could have been easily them knocking something against something else, and the rattling of the blinds could have been the cats also, but the door I'm not so sure.

She lives in a mobile home, and if you all aren't familiar with mobile homes they stand above the ground on legs that support the over all structure. So I thought maybe the ground could have been shifting, and that would explain the one door vibrating, but there is no basement, no upstairs ...

And she buys and sells things off craigs list for money. We thought that there was maybe a haunted item that she had gotten from someone ... but when I visited her earlier in the year, (I'm all grown and moved out) I did a walk through for her, and just opened my senses. As soon as you walk to the far side of the house, into the living room that no one uses, you can feel the shift of the air.

Its like suddenly its quiet.

You ever walk into a room and feel safe? Or see things in the room that made you happy? There are items in that room like a real, old baby cadle and an old 70's entertainment center that kind of set you in unease. But I don't know if its the room. I couldn't help but feel very intently that I was being watched. And I did the "walk through" a couple times.

It doesn't matter if the sun is shining in through the windows in the middle of the day, or if its the middle of the night. Its still the same feeling.

All events in this house, (the mobile home she lives at) have been confined to that side of the house until very recently. And if my little brother is noticing something is kinda off, there has got to be something off.

I didn't bless the house or anything, I probably should have. I don't think my mom or step dad would have any problem with it at all.

I think its getting bad though and I want to help out my mom because she said earlier this week she was in the kitchen (Other side of the house) and she was talking on the phone and she could feel something above her breathing on her! And also, when she was going to head off to bed that same night the cat dish flew off the counter and hit the floor.

So hauntings. Is it possible for something to be in the house, and item that is off, or something to do with her? Is it possible for a person to be haunted?Any advise? I'm willing to walk her through some things to help her feel better, I think that the house should be "cleared" out first. Let me know what you think.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:34 am
Unless your mother is inviting demons into her house or something similar, what does this topic have to do with demonology? Sounds like your typical "poltergeist" or unknown psychic type phenomena. Could also just be the cats, cats can do some crazy things when they work together.

Interestingly, when we first moved in here we were having a similar problem with our door. It kept vibrating like mad for no reason at all. Hasn't happened in a while though.

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:02 am
Well to answer the topic title - I am sure that it is not demonic activity. I also question if it is even truly a haunting. It sounds like something paranormal could be going on in the house but the type of paranormal activity that comes from an unknown source, not a haunting with a ghost.
My couch in my living room used to vibrate but it has stopped, and before that my bed at my grandparents house would also shake but it all eventually stopped and I never did figure out the source.
It could be the objects that she brings into the house and those can be sold or cleansed. I do believe that such objects can cause negative activity in a home because they are being sold and not cared for like the family originally meant for them to be.
I do think it is possible for a person to attract paranormal activity but usually the activity is a little easier to pinpoint.
You could try a house cleansing to start, and you can do a cleansing on people to try and clear them of negativity but that is all I can think of to tell you to start.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:15 am
I hate to be a nay sayer, but this may actually have a normal explanation. Loud noise followed by things moving without being touched. I've had that before. It might be a sonic boom. It happens if a jet passes over at high speeds. Loud noise, everything in the house shakes. I'm not saying you're crazy or mistaken, just being the devil's advocate.  

astrenose

Quotable Explorer

6,225 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:01 am
astrenose
I hate to be a nay sayer, but this may actually have a normal explanation. Loud noise followed by things moving without being touched. I've had that before. It might be a sonic boom. It happens if a jet passes over at high speeds. Loud noise, everything in the house shakes. I'm not saying you're crazy or mistaken, just being the devil's advocate.

Could also be the result of slight earthquakes or tremors. I've heard that they happen a lot but people don't notice them because they're so small.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:11 am
Vanilla eXee

Could also be the result of slight earthquakes or tremors. I've heard that they happen a lot but people don't notice them because they're so small.

This is true. I remember I was in class when something like that happened. We had no idea what it was until we heard there was a large earthquake one state over.  

astrenose

Quotable Explorer

6,225 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:49 pm
Does the activity only occur when your mother is around?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm
Vanilla eXee
Unless your mother is inviting demons into her house or something similar, what does this topic have to do with demonology? Sounds like your typical "poltergeist" or unknown psychic type phenomena. Could also just be the cats, cats can do some crazy things when they work together.

Interestingly, when we first moved in here we were having a similar problem with our door. It kept vibrating like mad for no reason at all. Hasn't happened in a while though.

quite honestly, I'm just starting to learn about spirits/demons. I'm trying to find as much as I can. It could definitly be the cats I guess, but that wouldn't explain the really weird feeling when I entered the other half of the house...  

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Underworld Priestess
Well to answer the topic title - I am sure that it is not demonic activity. I also question if it is even truly a haunting. It sounds like something paranormal could be going on in the house but the type of paranormal activity that comes from an unknown source, not a haunting with a ghost.
My couch in my living room used to vibrate but it has stopped, and before that my bed at my grandparents house would also shake but it all eventually stopped and I never did figure out the source.
It could be the objects that she brings into the house and those can be sold or cleansed. I do believe that such objects can cause negative activity in a home because they are being sold and not cared for like the family originally meant for them to be.
I do think it is possible for a person to attract paranormal activity but usually the activity is a little easier to pinpoint.
You could try a house cleansing to start, and you can do a cleansing on people to try and clear them of negativity but that is all I can think of to tell you to start.

That sounds like a great idea. So Paranomal activity doesn't always have a source? Do you think it is possible that these things could just go away on their own?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 pm
astrenose

Luckily enough she kept a journal of all the things that have been going on. She said that the noise sounded like at first one single spring being pulled to its limit, and then expanding, and then breaking. Then there were several of them and she was in the hallway and it was all around her, and lasted for about twenty seconds. I'm not a pro, but i'm not so sure a sonic boom would last for several seconds. Maybe several of them? Like several air planes? But I don't know if you have ever had a pull out couch ... she said it sounded like one of those. She said the sound escalated until it stopped suddenly.  

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Valdune

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm
I guess it started a few months ago at this house.

But it started with my mom, and then my brother started noticing weird stuff going on, and his friend even had some wierd stuff happening. My brother wouldn't even go back into the room he was so scared. He said he felt terrified like something was there watching him.

I'm starting to think that maybe it IS because she buys and sells so much stuff on craigs list. That would make sense I guess, having unused stuff that wants attention.

I mean, when I haven't used a room in my apartment for a while its kinda creepy going in there again after a long while...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:00 pm
Valdune
Underworld Priestess

That sounds like a great idea. So Paranomal activity doesn't always have a source? Do you think it is possible that these things could just go away on their own?

Well it may have a source, just not one that we know of. Sometimes, things do seem to go away on their own, depending on the situation/source/etc. But if you can't figure it out sometimes a house cleansing helps at least for the peace of mind. If her mind is clearer then maybe it will stop.
I am just starting my research into paranormal activity attached to objects, so I do think that could be a possibility but I just don't have any concrete answers or theories.
Like others said, it could also be natural, but unless you can figure out the source you can't really know for sure.  

Underworld Priestess

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:02 am
Valdune
Vanilla eXee

quite honestly, I'm just starting to learn about spirits/demons. I'm trying to find as much as I can. It could definitly be the cats I guess, but that wouldn't explain the really weird feeling when I entered the other half of the house...

No, but your mind would explain the feeling perfectly.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:20 pm
i would clean the house then put some thing up to keep them out  

her_lords_master

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 pm
The activity could be coming from you mother and not the objects she surrounds herself with. Does she tend to be high-strung? Is she going through a lot right now emotionally or going through hormonal changes?  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff