Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 am
. . . Looks very disappointing . . .

http://www.gamespot.com/news/metal-gear-solid-rising-resurfaces-6347418?tag=recent_news;title;4  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:14 am
Hay the game play may look like s**t and it may look like its not even close to the war look like most of the time but to me "Metal gear" is metal gear so ill get it anyways.  

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100

XxCrimson_ShinobixX

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:37 am
It wasn't THAT bad. Plus a gameplay trailer on television will always look terrible. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 pm
I'm just not feeling it this time sadly. The earlier trailer looked a bit better looking if you want my honest opinion ((It had a more darker feel to it compared to the wild and over the top new one)). I'm not saying it's bad but I'm just not psyched for this one.

Personally Kojima needs to work on a game around The Boss ark. The Mother of the Special Forces having her own game would absolutely grab my attention.  

VHS Glitch
Crew

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm
It looked pretty good to me. I don't know what everyone's complaining about.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am
It pretty much jumps the shark as much as jumping the shark is possible. This article sums it up pretty well: http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1214596p1.html

It's just way too far removed from what Metal Gear is all about. I mean, MGS2 kinda jumped the shark, and MGS4 pushed it a bit further, but this is going to the n'th degree. It doesn't fit into the Metal Gear universe at all. It's way too over the top even by MGS4's standards.

Luckily, MGS4 summed up the series pretty well, and tied up all the loose ends, so it's not like fans were left on a cliffhanger, wondering "what's next?" So it's not like they need to buy this game. I mean, it's not like it's gonna give them their "Metal Gear" fix anyway.  

Biohazard EXTREME

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:04 pm
Another problem is that the story is going to be the "After" Metal Gear Solid 4. Now this would be lovely but from what I understood over a year ago the original story plan was going to be the "before". The original plan sounded better and more suited. Just to get to know what made Raiden turn into a cyborg ninja and how he met Big Mama just sounds more interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:59 pm
Nikita Khrushchev
Another problem is that the story is going to be the "After" Metal Gear Solid 4. Now this would be lovely but from what I understood over a year ago the original story plan was going to be the "before". The original plan sounded better and more suited. Just to get to know what made Raiden turn into a cyborg ninja and how he met Big Mama just sounds more interesting.
Actually, I think 'before' would've been worse. Because the original trailer still had him cutting up all those cyborg guys and stuff. And it's like, "If this happened before MGS4, then where were all these cyborg guys when MGS4 took place, and why have we never heard of them in MGS4?" You know?
Either way, it's not a favorable direction for those who have been with the series for a while.  

Biohazard EXTREME

tatakai12
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:26 pm
whoa, i like the idea of a game through The Boss' story. Maybe they'd explain why going to a war zone while pregnant seemed like a good idea.

Here's a better problem, uhh there's this whole lack of stealth in a game series designed for stealth provision that makes me... i dunno, gag?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:36 pm
Nikita Khrushchev
I'm just not feeling it this time sadly. The earlier trailer looked a bit better looking if you want my honest opinion ((It had a more darker feel to it compared to the wild and over the top new one)). I'm not saying it's bad but I'm just not psyched for this one.

Personally Kojima needs to work on a game around The Boss ark. The Mother of the Special Forces having her own game would absolutely grab my attention.

In an interview Mr. Kojima revealed the was working on it so we can expect to play as The Boss  

Berserkersaint

Dangerous Hunter

Omnibility

The Committee Staff Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:09 am
Doom_Viper_D
Nikita Khrushchev

In an interview Mr. Kojima revealed the was working on it so we can expect to play as The Boss

If Metal Gear Rising seems a let down, wait for MGS5!

Citations from: Official Playstation Magazine UK
http://kotaku.com/5861438/is-metal-gear-solid-5-coming-probablyat-some-point  
PlayStation 3 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces