Reply PlayStation 3 Guild
Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recon Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:04 am
I honestly go for battlefield all the way. But i would love to see some other inputs.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:14 am
I'm a Modern Warfare 3 guy, I enjoy the interface, it's user friendly, and I'm a long time fan of the franchise.  

Rei Kuroniko

Hallowed Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:53 am
im more into battlefield I have been with battlefield almost as long as i have been with call of duty i only like call of dutys story line and thats about it battlefield they jut hit me with that really larg map online gameplays.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 pm
Truth be told i think the graphics in battle fueld are stunning and the fact that the landscape can be destroyed is a really big win in my book, but thats really it. The hit boxes for battlefeild are way to glitchy. They have no real parameter and react to slowly. The hit boxes for the bullets are also way to big. The game considers it a hit even if the slug doesnt even hit you. I have had instances where my friend and i would be goofing off and he woulld kill me with out actually aiming straight at me. Dont get me wrong mw3 has sone magor drawbacks as well. The graphics arent bad but are mediocre compared to battle feild. Lastability is a real joke to. The games single player is to sgort.and really could have been better. The maps are considerably smaller compared to mw2 maps. And no human could quick scope in real life its physically impossible. That being said the online interface is really top notch. The hitboxesare more refined and fit the player character better. The bullets dont have stupidly large hitboxes and face it infinity ward hashad almost 8 more years to tweek their online gameplay. For me the chioce is clearly mw3. Because of the online gaming is in a leguea of its own that only halo can compare with.  

thedashing1

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Omnibility

The Committee Staff Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:19 pm
Both games got it's ups and down.

-For MW3, I like the typical run-n-gun rambo style shoot the place up murder hungry games. Killstreaks or as they called it Strike packages now in the game benefit both experienced and rookie players. Quickscoping is pretty fun (Ruins the whole purpose of using a Sniper rifle though, I love it when people rages when I hard scope.) And it's a good addition from MW2 with customization with titles, emblems, different perks, gun proficiency and weaponry. Fun game to actually mess around with a party of buddies, and most importantly, the 60 frame rate.

-The problems I have with MW3 is that, If you hit somebody and at that moment you die, your bullets disappears (no such thing as simultaneous deaths with guns in MW3.)
The Type 95 is way too broken in terms of power and rate of fire. (2 bullet hit kills from 1 burst) which virtually makes SMGs pretty useless. Type 95 is even more dangerous with rapid fire. I am a SMG maniac and I lose to an semi-assault rifle up close is ridiciously silly and I have used the Type 95. The M16 which is my favorite gun is a bit underpowered, if you remember from MW and MW2 it was pretty good gun. Assault Package is actually a bit useless. Osprey Gunner gets taken out with the quickness. ESPECIALLY if you went against a whole crew that use Support Package. The running in that game is I don't like very much. The sprinting is nerfed so you cannot be running in a unlimited duration which I like to do. And the most thing I am upset about the game is that you cannot have Akimbo Model 1887s. It was there in MW2 but not in MW3. NO TERMINATOR MODE. :<  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:45 pm
-For BF3, Big maps, vehicle fun, totally team based. Understand that each role has an important key in battle. Support class gives ammo, Recon spots enemies, Assault is the medic, and Engineer is the demo expert for pesky tanks and aircrafts. The game also takes pure skills (Think about it, you don't have a killstreak killing for you automatically to add on your K/D ratio.) This game came out with a badass add-on. (Added new guns! and maps!) I'm surprised the MW series haven't done that. Your bullet never disappears when you fire at someone (that means simultaneous deaths with guns! Yay!) Definitely, destruction 2.0. A camper could hide in a building all day but, blow the building foundations and he's smoked. Also, I like the server browsing in the game. You can either do quick matchmaking or choose a server to play in. I love playing with Europeans and Asian countries, Not that I hate America!

-Definitely the 30 frame rate sucks on console, this game sacrificed smooth game play for graphics I agree. Not that it's bad, but I wish the PS3 was stronger with the memory, and graphic cards. (Remember Crysis 2? The game is amazing but online was horrible due the PS3 limitation on graphics) If you been playing Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2 on the PS3, you understand about the 30 frame rate. There are times that in my screen, I totally hit the guy but, the person somehow killed me and it says I inflicted no damage to him. There is a slight lag time, no doubt about that.

-I prefer BF3. The long games makes it fun. I have been a die-hard MW fan but, MW3 honestly was a let down for me.  

Omnibility

The Committee Staff Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100

thedashing1

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:24 pm
I think im in love...... you should find me on psn so we can woop some a** on mw2 or 3 which ever you want. My id is dabibly101  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:51 am
Mw3 XD!!

Add Me on PSN- RenaissanceHero  

II ON DECK II

3,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

Ryura_Kayano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:35 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:24 pm
Mw3 hands down... Well I mean, BF is ok, but MW3 gave me that fast paced gameplay. And it was fun owning all of the Christmas noobs. Got like 20 Pave Lows.  

Nameless Joker

Nameless Joker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:25 pm
Nameless Joker
Mw3 hands down... Well I mean, BF is ok, but MW3 gave me that fast paced gameplay. And it was fun owning all of the Christmas noobs. Got like 20 Pave Lows.
Oh yeah. Add ChaosXJoker. If you want.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:29 pm
Battlefield 3 Deffinetly i felt mw3 well like there was missing something its was just the same as the previous games Btattle field is actually fun to play vehicle completey based on team work and i love the assault and Recon loadouts gun control perfect maps enjoyable multiplayer campaign mode it totally describes battlefield (lol)  

Berserkersaint

Dangerous Hunter

Yoursweetprincess

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:06 pm
i personally think mw3 is better because of kill streaks and survival mode i just cant get enough of it.
PSN: JamesJolt
PS. there is also a Xbox JamesJOLT but it is not me and alot of people say hes better than me even if he uses hacks please look and compare us on youtube i am JamesJolt17 and he is Jamesjolt  
PlayStation 3 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games