Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Colors = Gender Designation? ♂ ♀ O_O Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:58 pm
Hi Everyone this is my first post on the Guild cat_whee I'm a lil Embarrassed

Well I've been having a small problem between a very few gaians, with color decoding and designation of gender, Is there a rule out there saying guys and girls cannot wear a certain color? I Mean i can Wear anything and any color and there's not a problem...but in the few times I've been confronted with those who say "why am i wearing that certain color If you're a guy?" ... sigh I just Have one Question... Do we Really Have to Stick to some colors that can represent our Genders?

Sincerely Neko Oishii Mashumaro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:10 pm
my sentiments exactly. Not enough girly things that guys an wear. plus I wanna be skinnier.  

AngellikClockwork

Tipsy Star

Nandoral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:17 pm
Here is my question for those who say certain genders can't wear certain colors...Where is it written that only guys can wear blue and only girls can wear pink? Hell, in the real world, they make pink cloths for guys, just like they make blue cloths for girls. If it's ok in the real world, than why should it be a problem here?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:26 pm
Nandoral
Here is my question for those who say certain genders can't wear certain colors...Where is it written that only guys can wear blue and only girls can wear pink? Hell, in the real world, they make pink cloths for guys, just like they make blue cloths for girls. If it's ok in the real world, than why should it be a problem here?

exactly what i mean, still some people do it over here and then they reply with insults and mocks
cat_sad  

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

Cinna101

Aged Loiterer

7,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 pm
guys cant wear pink girl can wear anything but if a guy wears pink he's gay...or at least thats what i've noticed in the real world and on here...guys also cant have the heart shape anywhere apparently the heart is a girl shape and pink is a girl color lol
i dont care though i don't even like pink or hearts talk2hand  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:01 am
Well, I think it has something to do with the smaller size and the cartooney nature of gaia avatars which can sometimes make the gender of an avatar ambiguous which leads some people to reserve a color for a certain gender. as far as I care, as long as I can tell what your avatar is at a glance, I'm not going to knock you for wearing a certain color or look, but if it's not readily apparent, I'm going to go by the visual style and assume the best fit (I.E: lots of pink and hearts, if I can't tell male at a glance, I assume female)  

Corytenn0314

Dapper Conventioneer

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:20 am
Like I said I Can put on anything that i can find and any style :3 i think people should be able to do the same as me and not judge their avii or in rl  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:30 am
Its what people are taught really.

Remember Blue's Clues? For the longest time I thought Blue was a dude. That's because its drilled in our heads blue is for dudes and pink is for girls. Kinda the same with toy trucks and dolls.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Zi the Huskyfox

Shirtless Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:31 am
I'm a guy and I wear pink like nothing, I played with dolls and cars when young. And everyone of my peers think I was a girl till that one time I played soccer and went into boy's locker room. Oddly girls are encourage to be more tom boy-ish and when guys act like a metro-sexual they get labeled being Homosexual. But what can we do, its now a standard mindset. So too answer your question, yes because its a standard way of seeing things now a days.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:41 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Remember Blue's Clues? For the longest time I thought Blue was a dude. That's because its drilled in our heads blue is for dudes and pink is for girls. Kinda the same with toy trucks and dolls.

Blue is a girl????? 0.o  

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 am
Neko Oishii Mashumaro

I think people are just jealous because you can pull it off, and they can't. 3nodding

And I am definitely not girly. I mean, I can dress up and be society's view of sexy. But I'd rather wear jeans and a comfy t-shirt, with converse or some kind of boots. To me, comfortable is sexy  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:59 pm
Tsuki7893
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Blue is a girl????? 0.o
Yeah. And Magenta's a dude.

They were trying to counter act the color designation by doing that.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:00 pm
Tsuki7893
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Blue is a girl????? 0.o

Yes Blue is a Girl and Magenta Is a Boy  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Tsuki7893
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Blue is a girl????? 0.o
Yeah. And Magenta's a dude.

They were trying to counter act the color designation by doing that.

This was, in my opinion, one of the smartest thing Nick jr. ever did. This was the only show that bothered with trying to teach kids something different from what they had assumed their entire lives.  

Nandoral

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:30 pm
It's simply stereotypes and close-mindedness.
Like how black is a goth or emo color.
Green or orange is for Irish people.
And whatever anyone else can come up with.
It's simply a popular opinion, but it doesn't necessarily make it truth.

I say forget what everyone else thinks or says.
If you want to wear a certain thing, then wear the hell out of it!
Wear it like it's the last thing on Earth!
Just be happy.

HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces