Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
HitchHiker's Philosophies and Conspiracies Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LifeLoveandstuff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:11 pm
Alright! This is where we can put on our monocles and pretend to stay stuff that is important and meaningfull. We we discuss philosophies and conspiracies related to The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Conspiracy #1:

The meaning to life the universe and everything is actually 42 but in order to discredit this fact the media is making it widely available.

Note: Nothing in this thread has to make sense. be serious or silly, whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:17 pm
2. The question and the answer are mutually exlusive: only one can ever be known about any given universe

3. Schrodingers cat is neither dead nor alive, ergo 'mutually exclusive' things are not truly mutually exclusive

4. There is no spoon, ergo there is no cat

5. There is an answer to every question and a question to every answer

6. what is the sound of one hand clapping?  

cant_delete_accounts

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:08 pm
one of my friends had worked up an elaborate theory that the earth that Arthur comes from isn't the real earth. i can't remember how she explained it, or if she just quoted it from somewhere else, but the crux of the argument was that the fighter ships from frogstar B were grey.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:27 pm
MST3Kakalina
one of my friends had worked up an elaborate theory that the earth that Arthur comes from isn't the real earth. i can't remember how she explained it, or if she just quoted it from somewhere else, but the crux of the argument was that the fighter ships from frogstar B were grey.

So, your friend theorizes that Arthur is from the universe expressly created to keep Zaphod from dying in the Total Perspective Vortex? eek Freeeow. That is some heavy right there.

I'd like to think that Ford's father was not the only person to survive the Collapsing Hrung disaster, but was in the bathroom at the time and when he came out, everyone was gone, having been rather improbably rescued by a snazzy white spaceship, which then dropped them off on an idyllic little planet where they bred with the locals and killed off a tribe of telephone sanitizers and other generally useless people. biggrin  

Yuki-Onna Reed

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:18 am
Spike_Theta
MST3Kakalina

So, your friend theorizes that Arthur is from the universe expressly created to keep Zaphod from dying in the Total Perspective Vortex? eek Freeeow. That is some heavy right there.

I'd like to think that Ford's father was not the only person to survive the Collapsing Hrung disaster, but was in the bathroom at the time and when he came out, everyone was gone, having been rather improbably rescued by a snazzy white spaceship, which then dropped them off on an idyllic little planet where they bred with the locals and killed off a tribe of telephone sanitizers and other generally useless people. biggrin

Schrodinger's cat logic time!

Ford's father was both the only one to survive and not the only one to survive  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:01 pm
tombrend
Spike_Theta

eek Great Zarquon! You've only made my idea cooler!  

Yuki-Onna Reed

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:20 pm
Spike_Theta
tombrend
Spike_Theta

eek Great Zarquon! You've only made my idea cooler!
Indeed...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:38 pm
tombrend

Hang on, I've been misreading that...

For the ultimate in awesomeness and Schroedinger's-catitude, it should read, "Ford's father was both the only one to survive and the only one not to survive." Subtle difference, but yeah. sweatdrop  

Yuki-Onna Reed

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:46 pm
Spike_Theta
tombrend

Hang on, I've been misreading that...

For the ultimate in awesomeness and Schroedinger's-catitude, it should read, "Ford's father was both the only one to survive and the only one not to survive." Subtle difference, but yeah. sweatdrop

Ford's father was:
the only one to survive
the only one to not survive
not the only one to survive
not the only one to not survive

any two will do, as all four are true

that rhymed  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:54 pm
tombrend
Ford's father was:
the only one to survive
the only one to not survive
not the only one to survive
not the only one to not survive

any two will do, as all four are true

that rhymed

eek

Wow.

Wonder what Ford would think if he knew his father was the Zenliest man in existence?  

Yuki-Onna Reed

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:54 pm
He would probably say, "My father was one frood who really knew where his towel is"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:42 pm
there is an answer to the question about
the answer and the question to the meaning
of life, but its a math answer...  

Micahrp

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:57 pm
Micahrp

type 'answer to life the universe and everything' into google. The calculator will tell you the answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:50 am
tombrend
Micahrp

type 'answer to life the universe and everything' into google. The calculator will tell you the answer.

He didnt know?!?! how couldnt he know, every other
seemingly non-sensical thing in the guide actually
had a meaning.. the resturant at the end of the
universe is a commentary on the hipocrisy of
vegetrainism, deeply philoshpical comments on
God the nature of ones view of the universe
and everything else is everywhere, I cant believe
he didnt have a meaning built into What is 6x 9 =42.
especially when its such an elegant answer..

sad smile still love him. always will, I consider him my
teacher on how to dance with my philosophy teachers.  

Micahrp

newbiesama

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This image will only be up while my comp is online... afterwards it will be gone.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games