Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Need some advice, if you will...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aetonn

Invisible Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:43 am
Alright. So, my friend created an anti-furry group a few days ago. Evidently he's not aware that I'm a furry, despite that I'm in a furry group. What do you think I should do? Do I confront him? Simply ignore it? Or what?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:12 am
lol ignore it
they seriously created a group for the specific purpose of dissing furries? lol losers  

Cinna101

Aged Loiterer

7,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am
I'd leave it. I have friends who don't like furries. Everyone has their reasons for liking or hating something. Everything is not for everyone. If they're not going out and attacking furries then just let them be. People are allowed to have their own opinion on something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 am
^ What Cinna said.

Unless they are going out of their way to inflict harm on people, (Which you should report) It's easier to just ignore him.

And maybe it just shows that he isn't really that good of a person to hate on others like that.  

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Aetonn

Invisible Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 pm
Yeah. I just wondered why he created it, I mean, you can hate furries without creating a group about hating them. razz
I figured I'd just ignore it, but I wanted to see if maybe someone else had a better idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:22 pm
I can come to only one logical conclusion for all of this. join the group yourself, and troll them relentlessly. sure your friend might get a little angry over it, but if he really and truly hates furries then he hates you as well simply for what you enjoy, so who really cares what he thinks, eh? unless of course you don't feel like trolling, in which case ignore them is your best bet.  

Corytenn0314

Dapper Conventioneer

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:28 pm
I don't think this is a huge deal, a lot of people act like they hate on furries but actually don't really care.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:53 pm
It's not that hard for me to believe that someone would make a group just to hate on furries. Yes it's stupid, but expected. Any time there's something people like or support, you can almost always garuntee that there will be an anti group for the same thing. It's just like Homosexual and anti-homosexual groups. There are supporters and haters. If your frien knows you're at least a supporter of furries and is ok with that, than I don't think you're going to have too many problems. He's made a group for people who share his oppinion, just as you joined a group filled with people who share yours. as long as you respect each others oppinions and things don't become violent, I don't think you two are going to have that many issues.  

Nandoral

bryceninja

2,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:55 pm
Velgar grips his Great sword, which was slung over his right shoulder- " Well hell an Anti-furry group? Lets go woop thier a**..."

Bryceninja: i half agree with my Fursona, but i say confront him...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:21 pm
00Shoe
I don't think this is a huge deal, a lot of people act like they hate on furries but actually don't really care.
quoted for truth.

OP, let it slide, like others have said, not every fandom is for everyone. if he harasses you then you can make an issue of it, but until then, no need to stir still waters  

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items