Welcome to Gaia! ::

PlayStation Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Playstation, playstation 3, Final Fantasy, xbox 360, Sony 

Reply General Hangout - Talk about Non PS3 Things Here! (aka, the chatterbox)
PC vs Consoles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:55 pm
This is one of the worse kinds of debates that I have been running into lately. It should be clear which one is better, and yet there are those that do not seem to understand that lol.

The PC will always be the better device because this is the device that games are developed by so it should be a given that this is the better device. Yet there are those that do not understand way people play consoles. I have tried explaining but for people that act so smart when it comes to tech and all things sci-fi they are extremely slow lol. One of the reasons people choose consoles over pc's is that consoles are easy to use, they are less difficult so even if you are not big on technology you can still use a console. I have seen grandparents playing PS3's and the 360 and even the Wii. That is because these things are simple to use.

There are tons of reasons why people pick and play consoles over PC's, my reason is because its easier to obtain a consoles then it is to get a gaming ready pc. It is also cheaper, to have a really good gaming pc you will end up paying more then $800... lol a friend of mine payed more $1000 for his and he had the nerve to say that the PS3 was way to much money lol

So what do you think? Why did you choice a console over a pc, or if you have a really good gaming pc (laptop or desktop) how much did you pay for yours.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm
I chose a console b/c like you stated they are eazy to use.  

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm
Personally the only PC gaming I do is FPS'.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 am
I agree full fold on your views. The pc is way superior to the console with graphics, operation and several other things. yes the console is easier to use and is much more diverse in means of games and variety. If one would notice a lot of the pc online games such as DC universe are being ported to the ps3. Does that make the ps3 or 360 for that matter better, simply put no. Gaming is run primarily from a systems RAM. The 320 gigabyte ps3 has just over 2.5 gigs of RAM while most of the current model desk tops have around 7 to 8 gigs and that's not the gaming versions of the computers. Even laptops are to the point that there internal memory and processing rivals that of most desktops. My laptop is last years model hp dv6i and it has roughly 5 gigs of RAM. Now I know some people are asking what does that have to do with pc vs console gaming and I say a lot. The hp dv6i is one of the lowest grade laptops from last year and yet it rivals most of the dell desktops of the same year. This allow people to play the same games with no draw backs just like one would on a console. Besides because of steam console games are now playable on pc such as the call of duty games and battlefield.

That being said the console has its strong points to. Unlike the pc a console doesn't have a bagillion things going on at once like a pc. It can focus more of its tasking power to the game that you are currently playing. Me personally i do find the console a little more entertaining and more simplistic. Im one of those people that are not good with a key board and mouse when playing so a control is more convenient and easier. There are controllers for the pc but more games than not they dont work on or the controls are wierd and confusing.

with those points finished i would have to say im indifferent to both because they have weak and strong points that counter act each other. PC=graphics and smoother coding. Console=simpicity and attainability.  

thedashing1

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Omnibility

The Committee Staff Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm
BIBLY IV
I agree full fold on your views. The pc is way superior to the console with graphics, operation and several other things. yes the console is easier to use and is much more diverse in means of games and variety. If one would notice a lot of the pc online games such as DC universe are being ported to the ps3. Does that make the ps3 or 360 for that matter better, simply put no. Gaming is run primarily from a systems RAM. The 320 gigabyte ps3 has just over 2.5 gigs of RAM while most of the current model desk tops have around 7 to 8 gigs and that's not the gaming versions of the computers. Even laptops are to the point that there internal memory and processing rivals that of most desktops. My laptop is last years model hp dv6i and it has roughly 5 gigs of RAM. Now I know some people are asking what does that have to do with pc vs console gaming and I say a lot. The hp dv6i is one of the lowest grade laptops from last year and yet it rivals most of the dell desktops of the same year. This allow people to play the same games with no draw backs just like one would on a console. Besides because of steam console games are now playable on pc such as the call of duty games and battlefield.

That being said the console has its strong points to. Unlike the pc a console doesn't have a bagillion things going on at once like a pc. It can focus more of its tasking power to the game that you are currently playing. Me personally i do find the console a little more entertaining and more simplistic. Im one of those people that are not good with a key board and mouse when playing so a control is more convenient and easier. There are controllers for the pc but more games than not they dont work on or the controls are wierd and confusing.

with those points finished i would have to say im indifferent to both because they have weak and strong points that counter act each other. PC=graphics and smoother coding. Console=simpicity and attainability.

Definitely for the simplicity and attainability. Although, I personally like the PC for modding games.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 pm
BIBLY IV
. The 320 gigabyte ps3 has just over 2.5 gigs of RAM

I think it has 256MB RAM.  

The Full English
Captain

Aged Citizen

4,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

thedashing1

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:11 pm
The Full English
BIBLY IV
. The 320 gigabyte ps3 has just over 2.5 gigs of RAM

I think it has 256MB RAM.

i would have to check on it but you might be right.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 am
the PC is better because you can do more stuff with it and you can look more stuff up, even though the playstation 3 has better games and with that comes more fun, like with AC1 for the computer the ps3 has better graphics with games like that thhat is originally for the xbox or the ps3. but overall ill go with the pc. cool  

Psychosis In Excellence

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:55 pm
Because a gaming PC is too expensive (as you stated). It also, as a computer, can get viruses, which costs even more to repair it. Also, there's the fact that I can only get on the computer for about 2-3 hours a day, when I've played games for 8-10 hours in a row (Mass Effect 2/Skyrim). I like the feeling of a controller and feel uncomfortable trying to use a keyboard to play a fast-paced game. There would be a lot more lag with an affordable PC and then finally...exclusives. I can't play Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 and especially not Disgaea 4 on a PC.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:24 pm
PC is always better because all the stuff you can do with it , but for most games there are a lot of hackers and modders. But I prefer console because its feel easier , and for like PC , all games have requirements like ram or graphics card stuff , console games are made for their console(sounds confusing) which means you need no requirements besides memory .  

Can-I-Holla

5,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

MillionsKnives142

Distinct Seeker

3,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:03 pm
i play more games on my ps3 then i do pc, hell the only things i play on my laptop, if any, are Doom II, Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask.....but still.....those are 3 of the greatest games ever made.....  
General Hangout - Talk about Non PS3 Things Here! (aka, the chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games