Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Gaia Magazine

Back to Guilds

It's Personal 

Tags: Gaia, Online, Magazine, Prizes, gold 

Reply The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )
Anyone planning on going to an Anime Con this year? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm
Ohayocon is the 27-29th of January- I should know- I staff it every year here in Colum bus, Ohio..Largest winter con in the USA and 10th largest con in N America over all!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:53 pm
I would! But I like in the UK and can't afford a plane ticket xD  

jcl007149
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:54 pm
jcl007149
There are cons in the UK... So are you going to any of them this year--- DJ Helsing goes to the one in London each year!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 pm
mamarita
jcl007149
There are cons in the UK... So are you going to any of them this year--- DJ Helsing goes to the one in London each year!

I usually go to the midlands one and I went to the Manchester one which newly opened last year too~ As for London, I haven't been and I don't plan to at the moment... too many crowds gonk  

jcl007149
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm
jcl007149
mamarita
jcl007149

I usually go to the midlands one and I went to the Manchester one which newly opened last year too~ As for London, I haven't been and I don't plan to at the moment... too many crowds gonk
Watch the convention tour thread and see if DJ is coming to any more in the UK.. he loves to go to cons all over the world!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 pm
mamarita
jcl007149
mamarita
jcl007149

Watch the convention tour thread and see if DJ is coming to any more in the UK.. he loves to go to cons all over the world!

'tis a good idea! And I shall! Unsure on whether to go to any this year though, I enjoy them... but I feel it has become to commercialized, which is a shame. There seems to be a lot less care for the people coming in and more care for the amount of money coming in. It's a sad time.
...plus i'm saving for Japan, which will be mach better whee

Are you going to any other than for staffing reasons? 3nodding  

jcl007149
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm
jcl007149
mamarita
jcl007149
mamarita
jcl007149

'tis a good idea! And I shall! Unsure on whether to go to any this year though, I enjoy them... but I feel it has become to commercialized, which is a shame. There seems to be a lot less care for the people coming in and more care for the amount of money coming in. It's a sad time.

Ohayocon is the only one I staff. I have been to others- Otakon and Ikasuucon, but not to staff, just to visit,. Ohayocon is not about getting your money, it's about the experience. Too bad you feel that way about cons. I wish you luck in getting to Japan. I would be quite envious about you if you do!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:04 pm
mamarita
jcl007149
mamarita
jcl007149
mamarita
jcl007149

Ohayocon is the only one I staff. I have been to others- Otakon and Ikasuucon, but not to staff, just to visit,. Ohayocon is not about getting your money, it's about the experience. Too bad you feel that way about cons. I wish you luck in getting to Japan. I would be quite envious about you if you do!

I don't feel that way about all cons, just the ones here... however I do think that the London one is probably more about the experience since they offer a lot more in terms of activities, booths etc. 3nodding
And thank you! I'm thinking realistically in terms of expensive, so the trip is planned for next year! plenty of time to earn money, read up etc.  

jcl007149
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:00 pm
I will. So anyone going to Youmacon look me up!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:30 pm
I might go to one as soon as I figure out where one is and what to where. XD  

Twilight Afternoon
Vice Captain

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Aryeec

Profitable Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm
No, but I might go to the con in my city in June.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:31 am
Everywhere i go im reminded that im not going sad
gonk  

Ren says

The Committee Staff Gatekeeper

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 am
Mai iS Censored
gonk

Why aren't you going!?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 am
Arisa Takera
Mai iS Censored
gonk

Why aren't you going!?

i just moved and i havent had the chance to save up for it sad  

Ren says

The Committee Staff Gatekeeper

Arisa Takera
Captain

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 am
Mai iS Censored
Arisa Takera
Mai iS Censored
gonk

Why aren't you going!?

i just moved and i havent had the chance to save up for it sad

Cool on the moving. Lame on the not being able to save. I can't wait for this fall!  
The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games