Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
It's everywhere! (As we all know) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2+2?
  42 is the only answer!!!
View Results

FoxDemon53

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:50 pm
42 is everywhere. If you look for it. 1942 the year the US started nucular testing, 12.42 punds for my lunch yesterday.... And so on. -nod-  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:49 pm
I panicked in my last maths test and answered 42 for most of the answers. Needless to say, I failed. Which I protested about, because as well all know, 42 is the answer to everything!  

Starlit Jewel

Cracovin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:04 pm
It comes up ALL the dang time, seriously, I don't know if its becuase we notice it more, or if it's just a commonly used number, but I usually notice it at least once a day on different things.

Its kinda scary actually.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:38 pm
More along the lines of you notice it. If you pick any one thing to look out for, like red cars for instance, you'll start noticing them everywhere you look. Crazy.  

mcm

evabh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:11 am
I'm sure it's part of the mice' plan! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:27 pm
// Your definatly right! It is everywhere... Tropicana is 42% Real Juice! =0  

Super Radical

Tomokazu Uehara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:42 pm
Today, the high was 42 degrees... It also happens to be a Thursday, which are trouble to begin with...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 am
Yes, I noticed this after I first started reading Hitchhikers, but after a while it tends to mellow out into the background.  

Morogo

Super Radical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:09 pm
Morogo
Yes, I noticed this after I first started reading Hitchhikers, but after a while it tends to mellow out into the background.

Yeah, your right.
It seems like at first it was EVERYWHERE, now its kinda background noise.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:08 pm
yeah, it just becomes sbconciouse and you make a mental note every time you see it....also, on the TESA test, (online test thing, pain in the a**) I didnt know the answer to a question, but one of the answers was 43 (it was mulitple choice) and that turned out being the answer....  

fourtysecondscarf

Talana the Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:38 pm
So I'd like to know who voted four on the poll. It's obvious the answer is 42. I see it everywhere lately.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:31 pm
its on one of the giant crates in batman begins, my drivers liscence # ******42 and my lincense plate on my car is VRK-442 and i didnt even plan that!  

TenaciousDi

[Riot_Knight]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:49 am
So there's this game called Megaman Legends, and in the game you get a letter asking you to become Servbot number 42.

Translation error? I think not. 8D

(I can totally find the game and get a screen shot of the letter. Whether it's possible to read it will be another matter.)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:23 pm
I think I heard somewhere that 42 actually represented Deep Thought's indecision when faced with "the question". Something about base 13....
I'd like to see another nubmer thrown out there just to compare. It's so weird how certain numbers can just jump out at you, almost like a word you've stared at for too long, eh?  

74ch1k0m4

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:45 am
74ch1k0m4
I think I heard somewhere that 42 actually represented Deep Thought's indecision when faced with "the question". Something about base 13....
I'd like to see another nubmer thrown out there just to compare. It's so weird how certain numbers can just jump out at you, almost like a word you've stared at for too long, eh?
6 times 7 in base 13 is 42. However, I'm fairly certain that's a coincidence.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games