Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help with a pattern?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:41 pm
I'm trying to knit an OMFG at the moment, but I'm really at a loss. I'm trying to stitch it together in the way that it is on the site. They have one long middle piece and two rounded side pieces. I really like this idea because it allows me to knit everything on straight needles, but I have no idea how to design the side pieces. I'd really appreciate any ideas or help. And if anyone wants to out and out make a pattern, I have 1 or 2k to spare. xp Thanks guys!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:52 pm
if I was a knitter (and had the time/regular internet access) I would soo accept the chalange of making a pattern.
but allas it is a skill that totally evades me.

errr... measure around your head then over your head then minus the width of the band then draw a pattern peice?
*has no clue*  

I be me
Vice Captain

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:03 pm
I be me
if I was a knitter (and had the time/regular internet access) I would soo accept the chalange of making a pattern.
but allas it is a skill that totally evades me.

errr... measure around your head then over your head then minus the width of the band then draw a pattern peice?
*has no clue*

Thanks anyway! 4laugh
I'm not so much worried about the actual knitting as I am the size of the individual pieces of fabric I'm knitting. What I need is more like a sewing pattern since I'm knitting all the pieces individually and then seaming them together. It's just that the OMFG is seamed really unusually on the site and I'm trying to replicate that. It has this weird rectangular piece in the middle, then two almost half-moon pieces on the sides. If I could figure how to measure that, then I could to the rest (like the wings and tail) with no problem. Why's it gotta be so hard? gonk whee  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games