Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Meri & Kimi's Inc.
Rules, FAQ, News [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to our avatar edit shop/guild. We look forward to serving you! ^^ We offer a wide range of avatar edits, including simple add-ons, mix-and-match pre-made clothing, and full customs. Thank you very much for stopping by. We hope you have fun shopping!

This guild is public, so you can read and post without joining as a member. Joining the guild, however, will allow you to edit your own posts and also find the guild easily through the "My Guilds" banner that is located in the Guilds headquarters in Barton Town.

Navigation of This Thread:
Post #2: Directory of Guild Threads (updated 06/18/07)
Post #3: Rules (updated 06/23/06)
Post #4: FAQ / Useful Information (updated 06/18/07)
Post #5+: Announcements / News  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:17 am
Subforum: Avatar Edit Collection Threads
This subforum contains avatar edit collections and other such "treasure box" or "extended sig" type threads.

Subforum: Thread Cemetary
This subforum contains dead threads such as waiting lists for past Thank You edit orders and contests that have closed.

Subforum: The Staff Room
This subforum is for Captains and Crew only.

Announcement: Rules, FAQ, News [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING]
Everything you need to know about the guild (hopefully). New announcements such as item updates and changes to the rules will be posted as replies to this thread, so whenever you see that a new post has been made here, please be sure to read up on the latest news.

Announcement: Meri & Kimi's Avatar Edit Samples & Pricing Guide
If you would like to see what sort of premade and custom edits Meriko and Kimini make or if you would like to find out what types of customizations are available and for how much, please browse this thread.

Sticky: Various ordering threads
If you would like to order an avatar edit, please check out the stickied threads that mention something about "order/ordering." Please read through the individual threads for current information and open/closed status.

Normal Thread: Shop Item Suggestions [link]
If there is anything you think we should add to our shop, please post in this thread.

Normal Thread: The Chatterbox [link]
If you would just like to chat, please post in this thread.

Normal Thread: Can of Spam [link]
A thread just for spamming in.

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:20 am
This post last updated/changed on 06/23/06.
Salmon color = new/edited text.

• Treat this guild/shop as if it is both a guild and a Mini-Shops forum thread.
  • Keep up-to-date on this post and the FAQ / Useful Information post below.
  • Do not PM the shopkeepers unless they say that you may (either directly or posted somewhere in the guild/shop).
  • Do not edit, resize, recolor, resell, give away as gifts, or claim as your own any images from this mini-shop. (see FAQ for more information)
The shopkeeper request that you be as polite and mature as possible. <3 Meriko in particular has a very low tolerance for unmannerly behavior. And last but not least...this is Meriko and Kimini's shop. They do what they want when they want to, and this includes bending and breaking their own rules. X3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:21 am
This post last updated/changed on 06/18/07.
Salmon color = new/edited text.

How do I order an avatar edit?
There are seven shopkeepers: Meriko, Kimini, BridgeChan, 0mega_Virus, LadyDelaidra, Unknown Variable and Tinelle. They each have their own waiting list stickied when they are not on break, so please check those lists to see who is currently taking orders. There are instructions in the first post, and there may also be additional notes or rules, so be sure to read through the first post(s) in their waiting lists carefully before placing an order.

If a waiting list is open, then place your order by posting a reply to that waiting list thread. Be sure to follow the instructions in the waiting list that you post in, or else your order may not be completed in a timely manner or at all. Please do not PM an editor about an order (unless they say you may) or start your own ordering thread. If you have a question that is not answered in this "Rules, FAQ, News" thread, please post it in the Chatterbox.

Please read the rest of this FAQ and also read the first posts of the waiting lists for more information.

Parlez vous Francais?
Non.

Se habla Espanol?
No.

Nihongo hanase masuka?
Hai. Meriko wa Nihongo ga wakari masu kara douzo Nihongo de chuumon shite kudasai. (Roma-ji wo tsukatte itadakereba tasukari masu~)

So...there's a thread and a guild now?
The old shop, a thread in the Mini-Shops forum, has been closed. The guild is now the shop location. Questions, orders, quote requests, and item suggestions should all be posted here in the guild. You can also chat here whenever you want. Feel free (for now) to make new threads as well if you have a specific topic you want to discuss with fellow guild members, and you don't want the conversation to get lost in chatter-clutter. We'll see how it goes, and will implement new guidelines for thread-making if it becomes necessary.

Do I have to become a member of the guild to post a question or order something?
No. The guild is set to Public, so anyone can read posts, reply to threads, and order edits. You do not have to be a member to fully participate in this guild/shop. You can become a member if you want, and that will allow you to easily find the thread in the Guilds building by clicking on the "My Guilds" banner. Members are also able to edit their own posts within the guild. Only the Captain and Crew can delete, lock, or sticky a thread, however.

Can I make new threads in here?
You have the ability to. We ask that you do not clutter the thread up with unnecessary new threads, however. There is a main chatting thread that should be used for general discussions or "Chatterbox" type posts. Questions not answered in the Announcements threads, feedback, and other such guild/shop-related topics may be posted in new threads or the Chatterbox thread. ^^

If you would like to make an "edit collection" type of thread so that you can display the edits that you have purchased, please feel free to do so in the Avatar Edit Collection Threads subforum (link). There are no rules about how the thread must be set up, and it does not matter whether the edits were purchased from this shop or from another shop. If you would like to also display edits that you have made yourself you may do so as long as the main focus of the thread is not to show off your own works inside my shop. Your thread must not serve as a shop or an advertisement for your shop, as that is a violation of the Mini-Shops forum rules, and this is technically a Mini-Shops forum shop.

Can I link to the guild/shop?
Certainly. ^^ Below are the currently available buttons, as well as the code to place them in your sig or thread.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=1797]
[img]http://merikitten.net/gaia/ssets/button1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=1797]
[img]http://merikitten.net/gaia/ssets/button2.gif[/img][/url]

Does the avatar edit change my actual avatar?
An avatar edit, like any other graphic sold in the mini-shops forum, is just a picture. It may look like your avatar, but it will make no changes to your official Gaian avatar.

What is "premade" and "custom?"
A "premade" edit is one in which your avatar will be dressed in pixels that have already been created and are visible in the "Shop Samples and Pricing Guide" thread. Other than basic color shifts (such as "dying" a wedding dress pink or changing the mermaid tail to blue), no changes are made. The pre-existing pieces are simply layered over your avatar and saved. You can ask for different edits to be combined (for instance, Passion Faerie wings with a wedding dress) and the edit will still be a premade order because nothing new has to be drawn.

Color changes do not make a premade edit into a custom one. They will, however, change the price. Most of the items in the shop can by re-colored for an additional 100 gold. (Wigs are only +50 gold to re-color.)

A "custom" edit is one which requires changes other than basic color shifts. Drawing in new items, adding/removing parts to/from pre-existing items, or creating entirely new costumes make an order a custom one. If you want a premade edit such as a wedding gown, but then decide that you also want two bird of paradise flowers in your hand, your order is now a custom order because we'll have to draw new flowers for you.

How do I post a picture of my avatar in his/her underwear?
  • Go to http://www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.
  • In Gaia, click on the "Profile" link to view your inventory.
  • Click on "Customize Me" to make changes to your avatar.
  • Click on the "Unequip All" button to the left of your inventory.
  • Right-click once on your stripped-down avatar and choose "Save Picture As..." and save the image to your computer.
  • Go to http://www.photobucket.com and upload the picture to your account.
  • In Gaia, when posting your order to this thread, click on the IMG button above the "Post a Reply" text box.
  • Type the url of your picture into the prompt box that appears and then click on the "OK" button.

Will you do a custom edit of me as [insert existing character name here]?
Yes. Whether it's an original character of yours or a popular game/anime/book character, we can create a "cosplay" (costume play) avatar edit for you. Please post at least one reference picture (three or more preferred) of the costume you want, and be sure to let us know if you want non-clothing details added, such as hairstyle and weapons.

If the character is not yours or is not a published/public character (such as Aeris, Aragorn, and Achilles), then you must get permission from the owner of the character for us to use their design, and forward us a copy of the e-mail or PM.

What is a "Thank You" edit?
Basically it is like an avatar edit version of the Thank You Letters that the admins of Gaia release every month.

Each month, one of us will create a "Thank You" edit. There will be two edits each month: one male, one female. They will be a matched set, so if you can afford it, we highly recommend that you use a mule-avatar or something (or have us make you one) and order one of each gender. We will not tell you in advance what the edit will look like, but the quality will be the same level as our other edits in the shop. Additionally, these TYedits will be limited in quantity, just like donation letters. If you do not order a January edit during the month of January, you will not be able to buy one later. We will never re-release TYedits in the shop or re-create edits that are almost exact duplicates. We will also mark each TYedit and keep a list of who has ordered one here in the shop to discourage theft.

NOTE: Since Meriko and Kimini are on editing hiatus at the moment, Thank You edits are not being offered.

Will you promise not to re-sell the avatar edit you do for me? I want to have the only copy.

If the avatar edit is of a character or costume that you designed, then you may ask us not to let anyone else buy that avatar edit. You must include this "reserve" request in your original order.

If the avatar edit is of a character or costume from an anime, game, RPG or other syndicated and/or well-known character that was not created by you, you may not request that it be reserved.

If you absolutely must have a unique, one-of-a-kind Meriko or Kimini avatar edit that is not your design, bribe us. We will take it under consideration. However, we reserve the right to create a new edit of the same character/costume in the future if anyone asks for it. We will do our best to make it different from the one you ordered.

Almost all reserve requests come with a fee. Please see the Pricing Guide in the Meri & Kimi's Avatar Edit Samples and Pricing Guide thread for more details.

I'm poor! Will you do an edit for me for free?!
Nope. Here are a few tips on how to make gold, however:
  • Go to the main header pages and pick up your Daily Chance winnings.
  • Go to the Chatterbox and bump a post.
  • Look for a poll (Chatterbox) or Arena entry and vote.
Repeat steps 2 and 3. Also, pay attention to the top of the page when you're doing all of this. You may get a random event, and if you're hurrying through the process and not paying attention, you may miss out!

I got my finished order, but it's not exactly what I wanted. What now?
If we made a mistake (for instance, we forgot to add something that you mentioned in your order), then we will correct the order for free.

If you forgot to include necessary information in your original order, we may have decided to choose the options for you. For instance, if you asked for a veil with your wedding dress but didn't say which one, or if you posted a reference picture for a custom costume but forgot to tell us that you wanted the weapon in addition to the clothes. If this is the situation, you will not have the option to have your finished image changed for free. We will, however, edit it for a small fee. So please, review your order carefully before posting!

I got my finished order, and now I want to know what I can do with it.
Display it within Gaia Online or an off-site "extended sig" webpage devoted to Gaia.

...that's it?
Pretty much. You may not crop, resize, recolor, rotate, add text, add background, add pixels, remove pixels, or basically do anything except display it as is. You may also not give it away, re-sell it, use it as a display or sample in any kind of shop or gallery, or in any way imply or claim that the edit is your creation.

Insertion of our edits in a graphic (i.e., wishlists, quest banners, etc.) will be considered on a case by case basis. Please post in this forum (the Chatterbox is fine) with the edit you want to use, a sample of the graphic you wish to insert the edit into, and an explanation of how you intend to use the graphic. I will not approve the request if the graphic will be used to promote a graphics shop or if the edit will be distributed in any way.

One exception to the above rules is if we create a wedding invitation or something along those lines. You may send the graphic to your guests in order to spread the word about your event.

I ordered a wig to be added to my stripped-down base. May I use that edit as a base for future avatar edits?
If you're ordering the edits from Kimini or Meriko, no problem.

When submitting a pre-made wig-wearing/naked base with hair that falls in front of the shoulders/torso/arms (such as Lady Godiva, Sakura, and Tifa), please add in a tip each time the base used in lieu of paying for the wig. The tip is not mandatory...I would just appreciate it. ^^ Whenever clothing covers up the hair that technically should be lying on top of the clothing, I have to do just as much work as if you had given me a bald base and then ordered a wig to go with each edit. If the wig-wearing base doesn't have any hair that falls in front of the body, there's no extra work involved and thus no tip is necessary.

If you're ordering the edits from another editor, get permission from either Kimini or Meriko first. Ask whichever editor's signature is on the base for permission by posting the base you want to use and a link to the shop you want to buy the edit from (or a sample image of the edit you want to purchase). We also require that the signature on the base be preserved in the final edit. It can be clipped out and then moved, but it must be fully visible on the final edit.

Pre-approved Avatar Edit Shops:
These shops are all pre-approved for using Meriko and Kimini's wig bases:

.::Aerieana's Avi Edits::. (Aerieana) [Link]
Avatar Edits. And Stuff. (Pugnacious Banana) [Link]
.:Celestina's Avatar Fashions:. (Celestina Daratrazanoff) [Link]
.:Emerald Stream:. (aquamarine15) [Link]
F.a.c.a.d.e.s (Charcoal Feathers, Lucca Ashtear, sailoreclipse) [Link]
JsB's AviEdit Boutique (Jessibee) [Link]
Kiddo's Avatar Edits (Kiddo the fox-phoenix) [Link]
icy's Edit Shop (icyMOTHA) [Link]
Rejected Material: A Gothic Lolita Edit Co. (NoFlutter) [Link]
Sashique Avatar Edits (Sashanaru) [Link]
Wedsday's Avatar Edits (Wedsday) [Link]
Koge*House (Janshee) [Link]
Baka Edits (-Bacon-) [Link]
Cawwa's Closet (Carandra) [Link]
Final Destiny Edits (Queen Kyasarin) [Link]
Meave's Edits (xuvrette) [Link]
Rydia's Avatar Emotes (RydiaChaCha) [Link]

Your waiting list is closed. Is there ANYTHING I can do to get an edit without waiting for an empty spot to open up?
Bribe us. Heavily. (As a reference, Meriko's custom edit auctions usually run to about 10k, and we have been offered March '04 letters and 30,000 gold for single edits in the past. I believe BridgeChan's last custom auction ran into six digits.)

Your waiting list is closed. Will you hold a spot for me?
I'm sorry, but no. That would defeat the purpose of closing our waiting lists so that we can have some breathing room.

Your waiting list is closed. Will you PM me when you have time to do an edit for me?
Please just check back now and then to see when we have a new spot open.

Your waiting list is closed. When will you be open again?
There is no set schedule, as waiting lists open up based on the shopkeeper's available time and motivation. Sometimes next opening dates and times will be predicted or pre-announced in the first post(s) of a waiting list, so please keep yourself updated on the official posts of the waiting list that you're interested in getting a spot in.

I want my own sticky! Can I sell my stuff or will you give me stuff to sell too?
New shopkeepers are hired by Meriko and Kimini's invitation only. There is no application process or waiting list for becoming a shopkeeper here.

How do you make these?
We draw them by hand in Adobe PhotoShop. Animations are done mostly in ImageReady.

ZOMG! What happened to the Silky Slimes?!
Clicky --> Silky Slime Laboratory.

Meriko! Kimini! Are you here?!
Maybe, maybe not. ^_^ But if you leave a question for us here in the guild, we'll reply to it as soon as we can. Please check back for replies instead of asking to be PM'd with the answer.  

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:12 am

02/21: Moved the shop into a guild!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:28 pm
02/22: You are all welcome to start your own threads in this guild for the purpose of displaying your avatar edit collection. ^^ You do not have to be a member of the guild to do this, and you are welcome to display edits that you bought/received from other editors, not just the ones you've gotten from Meriko and/or Kimini.

Suggestion (not a rule): Put some kind of [?] marker in the title of your collection thread so that it's easy for people to tell, at a glance, that your thread is an avatar edit collection thread. Example:

[AEC] Meriko's Museum
[COL] Kimi's Edit Collection  

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:18 pm
02/22: Added a Ragnarok Online male Knight job class cosplay edit.

The crest can be removed from the surcoat.
The cape can be removed.
There is a blue and silver variation available already. No recolor charge.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:22 pm
02/24: The February Thank You edits have been "dressed" a couple of hours earlier than planned. ^^ Surprise~

Due to the recent PM massacre, I have posted the finished TY edits to the February ordering thread for pick-up. The files will be deleted within the next month, so if you purchased one, please be sure to save it to your own computer/webspace within the next few weeks.

Thank you all for continuing to support Kimini and me~ heart  

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:43 pm
02/28: A female Winnie the Pooh cosplay edit has been added to the shop. ^^

The huny pot is optional.
The shirt is also optional, but it won't look very Pooh without it. ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:39 pm
03/02: Added a movie-based Arwen costume to the shop (black wig, "Coronation" scene headdress, and "Farewell to Middle Earth" scene gown). The coronet was made for wearing with the Arwen wig. It may not work with very many other hairstyles without some serious tweaking.

Added a female Vivi costume.

Added a male Cactuar costume.

Added a Silky Slime Lab Tech scene insert.  

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:33 pm
03/02 Part II: Added a female Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Blue Mage cosplay edit. *feels productive*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:03 am
03/03: Added a female Gir Dog Suit cosplay edit. The newest sample image is a double-sized box despite having only one mannequin in it because I know that sooner or later, we'll need the space. *heh*  

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:05 am
03/03: The FAQ has been updated. New/updated text is in salmon.

Do I have to become a member of the guild to post a question or order something?
No. The guild is set to Public, so anyone can read posts, reply to threads, and order edits. You do not have to be a member to fully participate in this guild/shop. You can become a member if you want, and that will allow you to easily find the thread in the Guilds building by clicking on the "My Guilds" banner. Members are also able to edit their own posts within the guild. Only the Captain and Crew can delete, lock, or sticky a thread, however.

I ordered a wig to be added to my stripped-down base. May I use that edit as a base for future avatar edits?
If you're ordering the edits from Kimini or Meriko, no problem.

If you're ordering the edits from another editor, get permission from either Kimini or Meriko first. Ask whichever editor's signature is on the base for permission by posting the base you want to use and a link to the shop you want to buy the edit from (or a sample image of the edit you want to purchase). We also require that the signature on the base be preserved in the final edit. It can be clipped out and then moved, but it must be fully visible on the final edit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:39 am
03/04: The Silky Slime shop will be closed over the weekend. Look for a new shopkeeper and a new shop thread next week! X3  

Meriko
Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

LabTech143

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:56 am
03/06: The Silky Slimes are now officially part of the guild/shop. biggrin The shop sample sticky and item suggestion thread are now being shared by edits and slimes, and there is an ordering sticky dedicated solely to the Silky Slimes.

There's even a new shopkeeper. *pose*

The FAQ has also been updated to reflect the change:

What's with the Silky Slimes?
Silky Slimes are a little pixel pet project that Meriko is testing out. The samples are in the Shop Samples Announcement thread, there is a separate ordering sticky, and there is also a slime-specific chatterbox thread called The Slime-boratory.  
Meri & Kimi's Inc.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff