Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Who'd be interested in a New World of Darkness campaign?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm
The three core games are as follows:

* Vampire: The Requiem (released August 21, 2004 alongside The World of Darkness core book)
* Werewolf: The Forsaken (released March 14, 2005)
* Mage: The Awakening (released August 29, 2005)

I've gotten pretty bored lately, and I really enjoy tabletops. If anyone's interested just post in this topic or send me a PM! If I can get 3 players or more, we can start :O  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:54 pm
I don't know what it is. I might be interested but would need a bit of info biggrin  

00Shoe
Captain

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm
It's a tabletop game in the same vein of Dungeons & Dragons, however it's more centered around a modern universe. It's mostly for supernatural horror stories and such.

The only die needed to play the game is a ten-sided die, and all actions are dictated based on how many die you've rolled were over a specific number.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 am
So one would have to make a character in the same way you do with DnD?

How would I go about doing this? So I can join up!  

00Shoe
Captain

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm
For the most part, yes, there is an interactive character sheet that can give you an idea of what setup is like: http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/NWOD/NWoD1-Page_Editable.pdf

After you think of a character name, concept, and what their personality is like, then you move on to your attributes.

Your attributes are divided into three columns, for one column you have 5 dots to distribute, then four, and finally three.
The last dot for attributes will cost 2 dots.

Then you'll move onto your skills. Choose a set to be your primary, secondary, and tertiary category. You'll have 11, 7, and 4 dots to distribute respectively.
The last dot for skills will cost 2 dots.
Unique to skills are "specialties" which give you 3 additional dice when you're doing something specific with that skill. For example: Athletics 3: Jumping. During a normal athletics check, you'll roll three dice. Unless you're jumping, then you'll roll a total of 6. (3 + Specialty (3))

Merits are like feats from D&D, they're really what make your character unique and increase their power in different ways. There are a LOT of merits which all have different costs, the interactive PDF will have some of the most common, though. I'll elaborate on these when I start a topic for this.
The last dot for merits will cost 1 dot.

A character's Willpower can be used to add dice to any action, however having 0 Willpower will cause your character to not care about anything ever again, and you'll need to roll a new character. Willpower can be regained by acting out your character's Virtue or Vice in any scene.

Your character's Mortality will start at 7. If your morality drops to 1, they'll go on a killing spree, and you'll have to roll a new character. Doing outstandingly good things will raise it, though.

That's a quick summary for now, I'll elaborate and work with players a lot more when I figure out a good campaign setting and story.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:12 am
Me!!!  

Far Off Noise

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 am
After I finish this new World of Darkness book I think I'll have a decent enough campaign idea out.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 am
Hoomiku
After I finish this new World of Darkness book I think I'll have a decent enough campaign idea out.

What will be the base, mortals?

I am passionate about Changeling, but I'd be willing to try just about anything.  

Far Off Noise

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:35 am
My friends and I haven't played a Changling campaign yet, so I'm not too sure about the mechanics.

Mortals and Vampires make a great base until the world starts to get stale. I guess we could vote on it?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 am
Mortals & vamps would be cool. I'll have to brush up on my vampire though, it's been a while since I looked at it. I mostly play OWOD, but I am so excited to rp anything.  

Far Off Noise

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 pm
My friends and I -really- enjoyed playing as Hunters from Task Force Valkyrie. Hunters was one of the best books, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:34 pm
Well, whenever you decide, lemme know.  

Far Off Noise

aztec334

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:53 pm
I'd like to play ^^
Don;t exactly know the rules for that series, altough i've played DnD and just once Mage The awakening, and other RPGs, so just say when, and such and i'll join ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:24 am
Well I guess I can't procrastinate on this any longer!

The players will be Supernatural Hunters enlisted in Task Force Valkyrie. I'll get a topic made today and we'll start rolling from there.

Yeeeeaaaah!!  

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:08 am
I actually just finished a rl WoD:werewolf game,it's a shame I didn't know about you sooner.Right now we're currently running Mage,but it's a combo of new and old WoD,my storyteller likes the old mage storyline,but added some of the new mage mechanics.  
HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games