Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[ deceased ] aleria's glacier Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:14 pm
User Image
(a song written in frost and fear)

Quote:
"Did you hear?" Gnarly Rotund Gnome whispered eagerly to Slightly Oblong Gnome, "The jackin' school secretary had another illegitimate pumpkin!"

Gasp!

"...and this time with that plant fellow! Cadmus!"

acceptance letter | contents galore | aleria and the vines | the glacier | names to faces | progress report | photographic evidence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 am
x
acceptance letter | contents galore | aleria and the vines | the glacier | names to faces | progress report | photographic evidence

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 am
User Image
Name: Aleria (uh-leer-ee-uh)
Gender: it's complicated. Aleria prefers to simply be fluid - they are very androgynous/fey.

Faction: Demon
Race: Arctic Flora Demon

Natural Ability: Aleria has a psychic connection to the magical vines that inhabit their body...and I do mean body! It's less of a mere mental connection, and more of a full body tape worm that thinks Aleria's magic is delish. The magical plants are less than intelligent, and are more like a presence than any sort of sentient voice, writhing around contently.

Possibly due to the super cold temperature of Aleria's frozen body, they only leave the confines of Aleria's body when forcefully summoned.

Lazy bitches.

Personality: Aleria can be a little disconcerting to interact with at first. They are tall, spindly, and have endless black eyes that stare unblinkingly down at whoever tries to interact with them, framed by a face that is neither male nor female. Aleria is not necessarily silent, but absolutely will not offer more than the bare minimum in terms of conversation unless the talk gravitates towards something they are familiar with. As a result, they come off as kind of strange until those common interests pop up, and Aleria has been known to do things like bringing up off topic things, or deliberately going back to a earlier part of the conversation that was more interesting to them.

However, once Aleria DOES have something to contribute, you'd be hard pressed to find a way to shut them up! They will not cheerfully, but eagerly ramble about factoids and observations they've found in books and various research papers (carefully procured from the library or other sources), anecdotes regarding life in the tundra, or plants. While Aleria may be eager, they are mos certainly not compassionate: as a rule, Aleria doesn't believe in false pleasantries or unnecessary information. They often do not care about your well-being, and as such, will not ask about it.

Despite the fact that Aleria's tribe has been in the North for the better part of 2000 years (and is now less of a 'tribe' and more of a bolstering port city), Aleria's ancestry is deeply entrenched in Faedom-- which means that even to this day, they're very deeply involved with plant life. While the city along the frigid coastline in a barren tundra, almost every native citizen is a host to a different plant, as is traditional for the FEAR of Arctic Flora Demons. Aleria's own plant is vines, but they aren't strong enough to have the vines summoned at all times, only when they need to be used.

Since they are all hosts to them, the Arctic Flora Demons treat plantlife with significantly more respect and candor. None of them have a psychic link with plants in any way, save for the one that inhabits their bodies, even if they are just extensions of themselves in the shape of vines or wood or what have you. They understand the uses of plants in terms of nutrients, clothing and other uses-- but that doesn't mean Aleria has to like all of it. The harvesting of rainforests, routine farming that is run by machines, and mass weed extermination are all things that bother them. Home grown plants treated with love and killed humanely for a greater good? Well, it wasn't the best, but it doesn't make Aleria upset. Personally, the demon chooses to be exclusively a carnivore save for fruits, nuts and some vegetables, which they don't view as harmful to the originating plant-- but still. A rare, bloody steak is much preferable.

Moving on from plants to study, a random segue because I can't think of anything better: Aleria is pretty devoted not just to learning itself, but also the idea of it. As a result, they've always been very studious...even if they are a wee bit forgetful, and often need to go over the material a second and a third time before it sinks in.

They are most certainly competitive, and Aleria gets their knickers in a twist over being one-upped! Prepare yourself for an epic rivalry if you decide to take them on -- which is okay in the demon's book-- healthy competition is the best way to stay motivated. But the most important thing, besides, you know, mastering the art of manipulating plants?

FASHION, THANKS. When up North, the demon would often use primitive skins, leathers and plant based materials to craft outfits and designs for the tribe and the trading companies that would go by their city. But...since they've moved into Halloweentown, Aleria's heart has been aflutter with the sound of a sewing machine and a surger.

Aleria tries to avoid plant based materials but since cotton is the easiest thing to work with for an amateur fashion diva...Aleria is likely going to just deal with it. The demon's friends are very likely going to end up measured at random and covered in her clothes that ATTEMPT to be high fashion.

(Expect uneven buttons, strange hems, shoddy attempts and uneven sleeves before Aleria can actually, you know. Improve!)

Attitude towards other races: Aleria thinks of anyone not comfortable with the cold as kind of strange and different-- even a fire demon would blow their mind, in terms of trying to wrap their head around the fact that they are, technically, the same species. Anyone that isn't frozen or a plant is a different group, to her, and may gravitate naturally towards anyone with a similar FEAR.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Having sufficiently maxed out their abilities at home, and have nothing left to learn from the city's elders, Aleria thought to seek out a place to further learn how to better their abilities as a monster. It's really as simple as that; they wanted to learn, and in an environment that was conducive to knowledge beyond plants and fishing and balancing books-- so Amity was an obvious choice.

FEAR Ability: Aleria's kind have always had plant/fungi related FEARs. The powers don't always manifest in the same way: some have dominion over less threatening things (lichen, for instance), while others, like Aleria, have hold over more.... threatening organisms.

Aleria's natural ability is a psychic connection to the magical thorned vines floating around inside of their body. Their FEAR ability, though, is to drag them into the material world so that they may have a physical form. Aleria can procure a number of vines that are as cold to the touch as Aleria is--They wiggle and writhe a little, so they're honestly best used as a whip or another type of weapon.

While they have the appearance, texture and properties of a true plant, they are constructed entirely out of Aleria's own magical powers. The summoning itself doesn't last very long, and using the plants in general is rather strenuous, as it saps Aleria's energy reservoirs more the longer that it's out and about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:41 am
There are...hundreds of Kodama...frozen to the chilled room, kept below freezing....so many kodama...

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 am

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:50 am
34/50 points

[ fanart ] // sasha // complete // 1 // 1
[ fanart ] // sasha // complete // 1 // 2
[ fanart ] // clarice // complete // 1 // 3
[ fanart ] // clarice // complete // 1 // 4
[ fanart ] // eva // complete // 1 // 5

[ minipets ] // 1 2 3 4 5 // complete // 1 // 6
[ minipets ] // 1 2 3 4 5 // complete // 1 // 7
[ minipets ] // 1 2 3 4 5 // complete // 1 // 8
[ minipets ] // 1 2 3 4 5 // complete // 1 // 9
[ minipets ] // 1 2 3 4 5 // complete // 1 // 10

[ orp ] // word of the trials // complete // 0 // 10
[ prp ] // a visit to the springs // wip // 1 // 11
[ orp ] // orientation - the open cavern // complete // 1 // 12
[ orp ] // the dorms // complete // 0 // 12
[ orp ] // class - alchemy // complete // 4 // 16

[ solo ] // happy trees, aleria. happy trees. // complete // 1 // 17
[ solo ] // all the adorable little plants. // complete // 0 // 17
[ solo ] // blue waters // complete // 0 // 17
[ solo ] // class - mounts & combat // complete // 2 // 19
[ orp ] // boss fight - the famine room // complete // 3 // 22

[ orp ] // for those who fight // complete // 0 // 22
[ orp ] // from the ashes // complete // 3 // 25
[ orp ] // there and back again // complete // 0 // 25
[ prp ] // get BACK here you jackdamned-- // complete // 0 // 25
[ orp ] // one message unread // complete // 0 // 25
[ orp ] // jungle outpost // complete // 0 // 25
[ prp ] // above the noise and confusion // incomplete // 1 // 26
[ prp ] // just a little bit // incomplete // 0 // 26
[ orp ] // demon dorm meeting // complete // 1 // 27
[ orp ] // chop quiz // complete // 1 // 28
[ 1v1 ] // watched it wither and die // complete // 2 // 30

[ prp ] // some strange new friends // complete // 1 // 31
[ prp ] // didn't think this through // complete // 1 // 32
[ prp ] // something to rely on // complete // 0 // 32
[ prp ] // there's a breach in the hull of the truth // complete // 1 // 33
[ solo ] // overture // complete // 1 // 34

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 am

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 am

Word of the Trials - Event ORP

Words: 262

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 am

a visit to the springs

Words: 1103

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Pre-Meta Introduction - ORP

Words: 200

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:28 pm

{ ORIENTATION ORP } The Open Cavern

Words: 812

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

✪ { DORMS ORP } ------------------------- Student Dorms

Words: 311

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 am

✥ { CLASS } ----------------------------Alchemy

Words: 846

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 am

[ solo ] happy trees, aleria. happy trees. ( training )

Words: 800

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 am

[ solo ] all the adorable little plants. ( training )

Words: 300

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces