Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
I need help explaining "I am furry" to my mate. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:11 pm
First off when i say mate i am referring to my wife. i talked with her about it and she doesnt get it. and the fact that i suck at explaining things makes it that much more difficult. She says her opinion of me hasn't changed but she is not accepting of the spending of money on a tail and ears However, she is willing to compromise on letting me get a furry hat with ears and i found one that i really like. She said there is no reason for me to wear a tail and therefor it would be considered a waste of money.

DarkWolfLove

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 pm
There's no reason to get a lot of things, but we do because it makes us happy.
We don't need posters, but some people get them because they enjoy them.
Many people don't NEED hats, but some enjoy wearing them.
If your coat has a collar, you don't need a scarf, but people ENJOY them.

Tell her it's for your enjoyment.
Sure, it's not necessary, but it will make you happy.
If she's letting you get a hat (that you don't NEED), then why can't she make the shift to a tail as well?

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:22 pm
As for explaining...
I mean, there's only so much you can do to convince people.

Some will just think it's strange or bad.
Very little you can do to change opinions, but you can INFORM them of the truth.
They can still think the "animal people" are bad because they ******** animals, but at least tell them that NOT ALL Furries turn to zoophilia and that it is actually an entirely different thing.
Inform, but don't expect too much change.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 am
DarkWolfLove
There's no reason to get a lot of things, but we do because it makes us happy.
We don't need posters, but some people get them because they enjoy them.
Many people don't NEED hats, but some enjoy wearing them.
If your coat has a collar, you don't need a scarf, but people ENJOY them.

Tell her it's for your enjoyment.
Sure, it's not necessary, but it will make you happy.
If she's letting you get a hat (that you don't NEED), then why can't she make the shift to a tail as well?
i expected nothing less from you.

Her thought is, why buy something im never gonna wear? i could get away with wearing a hat and not drawing attention but not a tail.  

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:14 am
DarkWolfLove
As for explaining...
I mean, there's only so much you can do to convince people.

Some will just think it's strange or bad.
Very little you can do to change opinions, but you can INFORM them of the truth.
They can still think the "animal people" are bad because they ******** animals, but at least tell them that NOT ALL Furries turn to zoophilia and that it is actually an entirely different thing.
Inform, but don't expect too much change.
FORTUNATLY, she is unaware of the negative associations of furries. so she doesnt know about the zoophilia rumors or even that some furries yiff.

i asked her to pet my head yesterday and he said, "Your not an animal no matter how much you wish you were"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:38 am
OddeoFreq
FORTUNATLY, she is unaware of the negative associations of furries. so she doesnt know about the zoophilia rumors or even that some furries yiff.

i asked her to pet my head yesterday and he said, "Your not an animal no matter how much you wish you were"

I think that's kind of mean. No matter how much she might not understand, she still loves you enough to want to be your wife, so she should be more accepting of your opinions and feelings. Try telling her how much it means to you. It might not be one of her personal preferences, but if she loves you, she should try to accept it.  

Far Off Noise

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 am
Far Off Noise
OddeoFreq

I think that's kind of mean. No matter how much she might not understand, she still loves you enough to want to be your wife, so she should be more accepting of your opinions and feelings. Try telling her how much it means to you. It might not be one of her personal preferences, but if she loves you, she should try to accept it.
i actually took it kinda neutral. she is very much a realist.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:32 pm
Well, its a lifestyle many people don't think is a real lifestyle. Its hard to establish an understanding on the subject with a person like that. First things first, explain what being a furry means. Second, explain you're side of being a furry. People need to know how it works with us.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

kiki hammond

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:30 am
idk i wasnt one didnt really know wat it was that much then my bf loves it and we were talking about stuff one night and he turned on his lap top and showed me pics saying thats wat he likes and i just fell in love with it lol so he got me liking it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 am
kiki hammond
idk i wasnt one didnt really know wat it was that much then my bf loves it and we were talking about stuff one night and he turned on his lap top and showed me pics saying thats wat he likes and i just fell in love with it lol so he got me liking it.
i wish it were that simple.  

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

kiki hammond

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:15 am
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond

i know sorry i dont judge people and gives things a chance lol im different so uve showed her? well if she doesnt like it dont make her watch it couples always have things they do themselves like she prob does something ur not interested in your supposed to have ur own hobbies or watever u wanna call them lol its just normal.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 am
kiki hammond
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond

i know sorry i dont judge people and gives things a chance lol im different so uve showed her? well if she doesnt like it dont make her watch it couples always have things they do themselves like she prob does something ur not interested in your supposed to have ur own hobbies or watever u wanna call them lol its just normal.
i just feel that she doesnt get it and i want her to understand so she isnt so confused. i know there should not be any confusion its just, i dunno.  

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

kiki hammond

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 am
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond

i just feel that she doesnt get it and i want her to understand so she isnt so confused. i know there should not be any confusion its just, i dunno.

i know its hard lol but jw wat is she confused about?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 am
kiki hammond
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond

like i said, she is a realist. She says im human and that ill never be a snow leopard so why am i trying to be one. thats nto what im going for though (altough i wouldnt mind so bad if i woke up one day as an anthro)

Its just not anything normal to her. if its not normal its not practical and for some reason it just doesnt click. i suck at explaining things so im prolly sucking at explaining her to you guys right now. cat_sweatdrop  

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

kiki hammond

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 am
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond
OddeoFreq
kiki hammond

like i said, she is a realist. She says im human and that ill never be a snow leopard so why am i trying to be one. thats nto what im going for though (altough i wouldnt mind so bad if i woke up one day as an anthro)

Its just not anything normal to her. if its not normal its not practical and for some reason it just doesnt click. i suck at explaining things so im prolly sucking at explaining her to you guys right now. cat_sweatdrop

no i get it lol ok well its also fun to imagine ur one everyone imagines doesnt she ever pretend or imagine shes something or someone else? like kids do lol im always day dreaming im someone or something else its just fun and u make up ur own stories and stuff its u having fun with ur imagination she may be a realist but u arnt u cant change that if she doesnt understand why or doesnt like it dont try to keep explaining doesnt seem like she really wants to understand it. its ur hobby so keep doing it she doesnt have to be part of it if she doesnt want to be.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff