Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Jak's Act III______________-____________ Nintendo
The Wii U: Will you be getting it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:24 pm
Simple question; based off of what you know of the Wii U, will you be watching for reasons to get it for yourself?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:47 pm
I really don't know that much about the Wii U but quite honestly I don't think that I ever will purchase one... not until my own Wii finally conks out and dies on me.  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:49 pm
fairy-phoenix
I really don't know that much about the Wii U but quite honestly I don't think that I ever will purchase one... not until my own Wii finally conks out and dies on me.

My previous one did that to me.
It's a first-gen, though, so it was to be expected.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 pm
smashbrolink
fairy-phoenix

I think mine was a later model... heck I only gotten it because they didn't sell GameCube's anymore.  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 pm
fairy-phoenix
smashbrolink
fairy-phoenix

I think mine was a later model... heck I only gotten it because they didn't sell GameCube's anymore.

Ahah, yeah, well, the Wii has a few titles worth getting the system for, at this point.
The Wii U is looking like it will do better, though. Especially since the release of info on the new Nintendo Network.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:24 pm
smashbrolink
fairy-phoenix
smashbrolink
fairy-phoenix

Ahah, yeah, well, the Wii has a few titles worth getting the system for, at this point.
The Wii U is looking like it will do better, though. Especially since the release of info on the new Nintendo Network.
I have a few Wii games that I consider to be outstanding ones like Little King's Story, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and SPRay... however I found that Skyward Sword didn't quite measure up in more ways than one.  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 pm
fairy-phoenix
smashbrolink
fairy-phoenix
smashbrolink
fairy-phoenix

I have a few Wii games that I consider to be outstanding ones like Little King's Story, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and SPRay... however I found that Skyward Sword didn't quite measure up in more ways than one.

Well, I'm one of the few rare people that actually went out of his way to make sure that his system settings were done right so that Skyward didn't have any control issues, so I found it to work perfectly.
Also, never switch viewpoints if you aren't aiming at the center of the screen.
Doing so throws it off and you have to recenter it via tapping the down pad in that case.
Always center your aim before moving into a new viewpoint. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 pm
I might wait later on after the second shipment when the crowd starts to die down and the supplies aren't depleted in an instant. Heck I had wait a year and go to a different island just to buy a Wii. {Lives in Hawaii}  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 pm
Sakura_Moonlight2421
I might wait later on after the second shipment when the crowd starts to die down and the supplies aren't depleted in an instant. Heck I had wait a year and go to a different island just to buy a Wii. {Lives in Hawaii}
I'll probably wait until my Wii has finally croaked before I buy one rofl .  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:10 pm
Maybe later on I might after  

Sash0

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:23 am
confused Well I might keep my wii as I've heard the Wii U is not backwards compatible with Wii games. That and I still have a couple of GC games that I play when I'm in the mood.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 am
Sakura_Moonlight2421
confused Well I might keep my wii as I've heard the Wii U is not backwards compatible with Wii games. That and I still have a couple of GC games that I play when I'm in the mood.

Whoever told you that is a liar; the Wii U is 100% backwards compatible with Wii games.
It's the GAMECUBE games that probably won't be supported, but as of this post, there's no confirmation for or against that, that I'm aware of.
Yes, the Wii U lacks gamecube controller ports and memory card slots for gamecube, but the Classic Controller can do everything the Gamecube controller can do, and the system will probably support virtual memory cards in some form, so the chance of gamecube games is still there, in digital form if not in disk form. 3nodding  

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Jak's Act III______________-____________ Nintendo

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items