Submit

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 pm
Story: The Green Eco Sage, Samos He speaks cryptically of the Precursors, the masters of the universe and creators of all life on the planet, and the powerful substance known as Eco. Meanwhile, Jak and his trouble making best friend, Daxter, are making their way to Misty Island, against Samos' many warnings. After arriving, they see two people plotting with an army of evil creatures known as Lurkers. The duo, worried by what they are seeing, prepare to leave, but are attacked by a large Lurker. Jak manages to destroy it using a barrel of Eco, but the explosion throws Daxter into a pool of Dark Eco. Daxter flies back out of the pit, transformed into an ottsel (a hybrid of an otter and a weasel), but miraculously unharmed. Returning to their village of Sandover, they seek help from Samos who states that only Gol Acheron, the Sage of Dark Eco, could change Daxter back.

The route North towards Gol is blocked by Fire Canyon, which can only be traversed with Keira's Zoomer (essentially a hoverbike) equipped with a heat shield fueled with enough Power Cells (spheres of energy). After Jak and Daxter collect enough Power Cells they make their way back to the Blue Sage's village. The village at the end of the canyon has been mostly destroyed by a giant cyborg Lurker named Klaww, while the Sage of Blue Eco who watches over the village has mysteriously vanished. Jak and Daxter find themselves in search of more Power Cells to energize an anti-gravity device and unblock the way to Klaww's lair at the peak. After opening a path up the mountain, they defeat Klaww and ride their Zoomer down the mountain to the Volcanic Crater.

Jak makes his way to the Red Sage's laboratory, where he learns that all of the sages except Samos have been kidnapped by the same people who Jak and Daxter saw speaking to Lurkers on Misty Island. The people turn out to be Gol Acheron and Maia Acheron, Gol's sister, who wish to flood the world with dark eco. Jak recovers more power cells so Keira can upgrade the Zoomer heat shield in order to navigate a lava-filled tunnel.

On the other side of the tunnel, in the Yellow Sage's lab, Keira declares that Samos has been captured as well. Journeying through Gol and Maia's citadel, Jak and Daxter first run into Samos (who is the last one they save), and he tells them that Gol and Maia are using all the sage's energies to power their robot, which is powerful enough to break open the Dark Eco silos. Jak and Daxter succeed in freeing the Sages, and then travel to the top of the Dark Eco Silos to confront a reactivated Precursor Robot controlled by Gol and Maia. Jak battles the robot, but only disables it by destroying the robot's weapons. After this, 4 mini-silos, that are attached to the large silo, which each contain a different eco type shoot beams of light towards the middle of the silo in the air above, clashing and forming a pyramid-like shape. This combines all the ecos and forms into light eco. Daxter realizes that the Light Eco would change him back to normal if he were to absorb it, but ultimately allows Jak to use it and disable the robot.

Trapped in the robot, Gol and Maia sink into the Dark Eco silo, which then closes and traps them inside, presumably killing them both; Samos, however, is not certain that this is the case. The group's attention is then directed toward an immense Precursor Door, which can only open with the energy of 100 Power Cells. With the cells, the door opens to reveal an ambiguous large object enveloped in a blinding light; the details are explained in the next game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:15 pm
So, the idea of the game is defeat the enemies while aiming to reach a specific land to change Daxter back to his old self, right?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:26 pm
Yes, in this video game on the Playstation 2, the objective is to beat the Lurkers, help out the various sages, and you are Jak, the mute and quiet teenager. Daxter does most of the funny quotes and talks for Jak.

(Spoliers for if you haven't played the game before)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 pm
What kinds of silly comments can we expect to hear from Daxter? Do you fight using weapons or is it more hand-to-hand style?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm
Quotes such as Step One, Stay Alive! Step two, Don't ever.. do something like that again!

- I'll say something really teary eyed at the funeral like, "How am I supposed to be changed back now!!!"

-Don't step into the light, Jak. Don't Step into the LIGHT!"

-Well uh... better you then me.

- Say Good night, Jak!'

-Doctor, Eh Doctor! *Waves hand* Ew yuck!"

-Don't worry, I won't eat you, yet!"

-Hey Jak! Can I uh... Have your insect collection?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing is i forgot to mention, Jak was told that the only way to change Daxter back is to go see the dark eco sages, Gol and Maia. But they were tricked.

Jak uses his fist and spin kick moves with different colors of eco.

Green Eco
Red Eco
Yellow Eco
Blue Eco  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 pm
So, its hand to hand.

Does Jak and Daxter receive clues to how Daxter can truly change back during the game?

By the way, those are really funny. I like the Step one and Step two quote the best.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:18 pm
there is more info throughout the games that describes it, Daxter stays an ottsel through the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm
So, this game has the tragic ending.

What age level would you say this game is suited to?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 pm
Uh...tragic ending? I wouldn't say that. Jak and Daxter is like most saga-style games when it comes to the ending of the very first game.

As for the age range, due to the violence level and low sex appeal...I'd say, anyone with at least a middle schooler's awareness can play the game just fine.

Personally, my time with this game was...horrific. Enemies popping out at you and certain...phobias that populate a single dungeon made me hesitant at times, but I overall enjoyed the game. Not to mention, for me, the game's average feel was almost a combination of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, platform-wise anyway. And the puzzles were pretty decent as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm
So, rated T for teen. Hmm, are there any tips that you would give, Shadow for this game?  

Linken_Bogard
Crew

36. Jak n Daxter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces