Submit

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 pm
Story so far: Jak, Daxter, Keira and Samos find this strange time machine at the end of Jak and Daxter. They get propelled literally 200 years into the future. Jak is now about 17 years old. Everybody gets sent flying off as a giant Metalhead busts from the huge portal. Turns out Jak isn't the lucky one as Erol, the Krimzon Guard Captain and a bunch of Krimzon guards literally surround the mute teen Jak, and with the bunt of their gun knock him out. Daxter promises to rescue Jak in about two years, while Jak is hauled off to the fortress (Prison). This is really where we meet Erol and Baron Praxis. Jak is experimented on with dark eco for two years as his innocent nature disappears. Jak is then picked up by Erol and growled at, as Baron Praxis picks him up and places him down hard "You're lucky you are still alive, boy.."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm
My cousin let me borrow his copy of this. And this game left me feeling absolutely miserable after a time. Two missions in particular really got on my nerves. The first one is the mission where you have to break into some warehouse, looking for something of importance. You then get chased before a machine that is constantly pointing a laser at you that, if it touches you, takes out a chunk of you health. I would also die on the part where you're running towards the screen and the machine is behind you.

The other mission that gave me quite a bit of trouble is the recovery of an artifact (I think). But the whole way there and back is fraught with invisible enemies. This entire stage was one big 'REALLY!?' stage for me. I never did make it past this mission. crying  

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 pm
i agree with that. I hated that mission.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 pm
I've never played, but it might be a good thing then, right?  

Linken_Bogard
Crew

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:16 am
Not necessarily. Sometimes, even games that a lot of people have complained about could be quite good to others. I have a few games that, regardless of my complaints, I still like to play them. Though, my view on video games is a bit different in which I feel that I have a commitment to beat a game that I bought, regardless of the reason why. The only games I ever got rid of were ones I have already beaten several times and have stopped working.

But about Jak II, there are many aspects of the game. If I recall, you can choose your path throughout the game. Doing good things and doing bad. Thanks to Jak having been experimented on with dark eco energy, he can now harvest it as power. There are two sides to this. There's his evil transformation which can either result from getting hit (I think) and absorb the dark eco energy certain enemies give off upon being defeated. Some missions allow you to improve Jak's dark eco techniques even.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:17 pm
Now that is interesting.  

Linken_Bogard
Crew

XxdarkredXx

Celebrating Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm
Mofe of the story:
Daxter finds Jak, rescues him and Jak talks for the first time, coming upon daxter in dark jak. Daxter gets him out of that mode.

Jak quickly switches back, and then goes to escape the prison from the Krimzon guards.

Once he's out, he helps out an old man named Kor, and a kid that is with him. Jak saves Kor and the kid, and the old man thanks him by showing him where the underground is.

There he meets Tess. She stares at him, and then Torn shows up growling at Jak in his face, Torn doesn't like new faces and refuses to let jak see the shadow without doing a few....tasks first.

Jak grabs the baron's banner and Torn is impressed.

There's still more.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:15 pm
So the objective in this game is complete missions while enjoying the storyline that happens during said objective?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

36. Jak n Daxter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas