Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Possession and Golems - Is it possible? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crazy idea?
  Absolutely.
  I'm watching you.
  I like where this is going.
View Results
Taigamma rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:52 pm
An iteresting idea came to mind long ago and just recently it resurfaced in my mind. I've started to wonder about the potential of golems for more than heavy labor. What if one was to astral project into another object? Golems would have a large quantity of energy holding them together allowing for a source to recycle for the possesser's use.

So, I dare you to explore.

Is it possible to possess a golem? Would it be possible to astral project and control a construct or suit of armor?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Would it be possible? Maybe. Only one way to find out. I'm still working on the astral projection bit myself.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:26 pm
I would try myself but I can't focus. I have too many ideas and questions running through my head.

If this works, this may be a form of immortality.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm
Sounds possible to me.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:41 pm
I have no idea. Sounds fun though. But....whats astral projection? Can't place it  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Taigamma
I would try myself but I can't focus. I have too many ideas and questions running through my head.

Sounds kind of like the Temple of the Vampire.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 pm
BSPBleach
I have no idea. Sounds fun though. But....whats astral projection? Can't place it
The separating your mind/spirit/astral body from your physical body.

There's all kinds of "subtle" bodies or so I've heard, but I've only heard of ethereal/etheric/light body, the mental body, the emotional/astral body, and the causal body. Then of course there's your physical body but I'm not sure where that goes in.

Actually, I'm surprised there's only astral projection. Or maybe psionics is mental projection and ascension is etheral projection. Everyday something new is discovered by somebody so who knows what the hell is really going on.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:21 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma

Temple of the Vampire? I am not familiar with this. Were they pursuing immortality by some out-of-body means or mind transfer?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 pm
Taigamma
BSPBleach

There's all kinds of "subtle" bodies or so I've heard, but I've only heard of ethereal/etheric/light body, the mental body, the emotional/astral body, and the causal body. Then of course there's your physical body but I'm not sure where that goes in.

Actually, I'm surprised there's only astral projection. Or maybe psionics is mental projection and ascension is etheral projection. Everyday something new is discovered by somebody so who knows what the hell is really going on.
Lol thanks. I didnt know there was so many o.O  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:32 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Temple of the Vampire? I am not familiar with this. Were they pursuing immortality by some out-of-body means or mind transfer?

The general idea is that you avoid second death by preying on the vital energy of the living. It supposedly lets them keep their astral body going indefinitely after physical death.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 pm
BSPBleach
Taigamma
BSPBleach

Lol thanks. I didnt know there was so many o.O
People and their beliefs can make everything that could be simple as a cloud difficult as hell. XD

Personally, I think there are only two possible forms. The physical body and the soul/geist simply because emotions, the spirit, the will, and the very mind are all said to make up the the existence of the soul.

And from here it can be simplified even more. The body is matter, packets of energy, while the mind/soul is the original energy that radiated from the beginning/big bang/genesis.

From here, my idea on psionics can take form as it is my theory that psychics are conduits that both channel and manipulate electrical and electromagnetic forces.

What's my reasoning? The brain uses electrical impulses to move the body. Stars give off electromagnetic radiation such as light. With this light is carried heat. Photons come from electrical discharges in atoms as the electrons alternate their energy levels. If the brain can use electricity to move the material body, by establishing a larger supply of ionic power, the concept of mind or matter can become reality simply by using amplified imuplses to will the material world to move the same way you would your arm or leg. Of course this means all you would need are your eyes to locate a focus. Also, many practitioners of magic claim to have felt more energy at their disposal during lightning storms. "Electricity" comes from moving ions and everything has ions.

So...it's my belief that psi, prana, chi/qi/ki, aether, od/odic force, and mana (all names for life energy) are all themselves the result of ions which seem to be able to do almost anything psychics and magicians are said to do. When a magician chants, they call upon the forces that control this energy, or the energy itself like psionicists, through a chant which amplifies their will to be fulfilled if the forces are pleased. Since psychics do this by sheer force of will, they can simply command it but at greater risk without that divine force aiding them.

Of course, all of this sounds better in theory. sweatdrop

I've come to deem all phenomenon of this kind as "acts of volition". If I ever prove this theory, then I'll know that I wasn't just seeing things in too simple a light.

As a result of this theory, I once thought of the possibility of separating the mind from the body similiar to as portrayed by OBE but instead woth the projector becoming a more ghost-like entity. From there I thought of the idea of possessing robots and being this immortal badass, but now I think that golems would be more reasonable. Easier to fix, simpler to craft as earth is pliable, and really it's just damn cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

The general idea is that you avoid second death by preying on the vital energy of the living. It supposedly lets them keep their astral body going indefinitely after physical death.
Well that's not nice. I don't think I could like those people at all. What will you do with there's no more life around? Wait to fade? I don't think so, ma'am or sir, so no thank you. XD  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:00 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

Well that's not nice. I don't think I could like those people at all. What will you do with there's no more life around? Wait to fade? I don't think so, ma'am or sir, so no thank you. XD

I suspect they'd turn to cannibalism given their propensity to steal life force from people. Beyond that I doubt they know.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

I suspect they'd turn to cannibalism given their propensity to steal life force from people. Beyond that I doubt they know.
Then they would have to breed some form of man or beast to make sure they don't run dry.

That's creepy just thinking about it.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 pm
Already thought of that ^ sweatdrop
and i don't think you're thinking too simply. I like to able to explain my surroundins and keeping it simpler makes things easier to explain.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games