Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
fursuit

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zi the Huskyfox

Shirtless Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 am
So um...why my idea for a frist time big project is a fursuit and well I need some help on finding what was are best to make it.Since I can't find faux fur am using fleece for the whole thing.The thing is am just going to make the head tail,hand paws,and fottpaws...I need some tips.And I also wanaa ask is fleece good to use for a fursuit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:44 pm
Well... I used fleece and it's extremly soft and warm it's easyer to handle with out it "shedding" on you like flux fur does  

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:08 pm
I don't really have experience using fleece,so I'm not sure how well that will turn out.It really depends on the type of furry you're making.As for fake fur,there's plenty of online places you can order from.
http://www.mendels.com/creativity2.shtml this is a good supplier and they will mail order to most places in the US.They'll even send some free samples so you can pick one you like best.
As for the head,alot of people have trouble with this,and there's many ways to do it.Most people use foam,some use canvas,but I make wire frames for my heads,then cover them with plastic canvas.They are light weight and sturdy,and breathe alot better than thick foam,they'll also support heavier work.
For elements like pads on the hands and feet,I use thick black leather,but if you plan to go outside alot,you should either leave the bottoms of the feet bare(provided you're using sneakers as a base for the feet)or make more durable pads out of vulcanized rubber or silicon compounds(caulk).

The most important thing of all is to just try it out,no one ever gets their first fursuit perfect.I am still making new costumes for myself because my skills are getting better with time,I'm on like,the fourth revision of my fursuit.I started with a simple mascot style costume,and now I'm making anthro digitigrade legs,LED glowing eyes,and fully articulating jaws. Best of luck to you!And if you have any further questions feel free to let me know,either here,or in the Red Wolf Crafters thread on the front page of the guild(I make furry stuff for a living) :3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 pm
yea i actually think it's better than faux  

branch of sin

Liberal Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Zi the Huskyfox

Shirtless Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 am
branch of sin
yea i actually think it's better than faux
thanks,cause some say fleece is a bit hot. oh what kinda foot wear should i use for the paws  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:01 am
okay I found these two items for the footwear but don't know which is better.There both the same price so am kinda not sure.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Zi the Huskyfox

Shirtless Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items