Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Past Events
[Concept/RP Contest] Bara/Sissy Thicket! WINNER!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplerosesbeauty
Crew

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 pm
User Image

Barasuishou and Narcissa's next litter was finally born after a long wait! We're so excited! Now, me and Cursed can't decide who this little lady should go to, so we're gonna hold a contest to see who can come up with the best concept/personality for her c:

Details:
  • This contest will end in 4 days' time, but we may extend it if we feel there's not enough entries.
  • No word count! But I prefer quality over quantity, and try not to drown us in a novel D: Do try to give us an overall character description for the fawn. Personality, possible plots, possible character development... Interest us in this girl! c:
  • You can play the fawn as though they're a fawn or young yearling, if you wish c:
  • This fawn is a girl only, sorry!
  • The name should be in Latin or Greek, though we probably won't be as picky on this part. It'll just make it fit in better c:
  • You're gonna be required to RP this girlie! If you don't we'll be very upset :C No taking her and running!

Immediate Family: (sorry not listing the thousands of nieces and nephews)
Barasuishou - One of the mothers, she struggles to express emotions properly, but she's very caring and protective of her family.
Narcissa - The other mother. She's very formal, very pretty and very vain, and can come off as being cold or strict.
Kiraki - Older sister, shallow as can be! She's very carefree and friendly (so long as you're pretty), and she's a fashionista who will totally play dress up with her new sisters.
Calix - The only brother. He's an artist, and enjoys being alone to paint. Very solemn and gentlemanly.
Echo - Sister from this breeding. She's playful and a bit silly, and has a habit of repeating others.
Marvel - Sister from this breeding. She's haughty and a misandrist, and thinks she's pretty great.

Prompts:
1. Your mothers and sisters are all rather vain and beauty-obsessed. You are taught from a young age that beauty and cleanliness is very important. How do you react?
2. The purple thing on your thicket is a blindfold, which you will wear. Why do you wear it? Tell us about your blindfold.
3. Who are you? Free prompt. You're free to combine the above prompts, or make your own! Just tell us who this girl is.

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Thicket Name:[/b] (put a meaning here too, if of any significance)
[b]Temperament:[/b] (You can leave this blank if you don't have any ideas, but the more developed character you have for the thicket, the better)
[b]Prompt:[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm
Username: Fea Line
Thicket Name: Alivia
Temperament: Very shy and soft spoken, but sweet to her family and friends. She knows she is beautiful, she just has trouble showing how proud of her beauty she is. She is also delicate and very dainty, afraid of the tiniest bit of mud or dust.
Prompt: Mix of all three.

Alivia stared at her reflection in the rippling waters of the lake as best as she could from behind the near sheer fabrics of the blind fold. Her mothers and sisters words echoed in her head. Beauty was key. Beauty was everything. She had no problem seeing her self as beautiful, in fact she knew it well. What she had trouble with was showing it off as well as the rest of her family. Instead of holding her head up high like her mothers might do around others, she was shy and turned her head away from others, slightly looking down. When she was praised of her beauty, she would often blush as she squeaked out a very soft thank you, tossing her head only slightly into view of whomever was speaking to her. And then there was the matter of cleanliness.

Being clean wasn't the problem. In fact, if she wasn't clean, she might as well have a heart attack right then and there. The tiniest particle of dust sent her into a quiet frenzy, attempting to do anything to get it off or to get it away. She remembered the one time she tried to tip toe around a mud puddle at a very slow pace to make sure none of it dared touch her pristine hooves. If she could muster up the courage to actually bark out a command, she would very well make someone lay down over the mud puddle so she could walk across them like a bridge and remain dirt free.....or at least she thought about it anyways. Not that she had ever been in situation that dire yet.... though she couldn't help but think of the possible horror's she would run into later in life.... or just how big mud puddles could possibly get!

Taking in a deep breath, Alivia huffed and puffed out her chest, held her head high, and attempted to gaze down at herself through vain half shut eyes from behind her blind fold. Then she wondered....why did she wear this thing? What purpose did it serve? Was it simply just to make her more beautiful? It certainly couldn't be because her eyes were ugly...... right? No thats silly, her eyes were just as beautiful as the rest of her! Then again, one of her mothers did have a kind of eye patch.... so maybe it was just for looks. And yet..... as silly as it might have sounded, she felt comfortable behind it. It was almost as if it was her security. When she didn't want to be seen, she could concentrate real hard and feel as if she were hidden away from the rest of the world behind that simple piece of cloth.....and that made her relax, even if just the slightest.

But for those few split seconds that she held her head high, she almost didn't recognize herself. For those few moments....she felt really.....really beautiful. But just as something that goes up must come down, all the air escaped from her muzzle and she deflated back into her shy sweet self. Perhaps someday she'd find the courage to proudly flaunt her beauty around.... but for now she was just her quiet shy self.

-------------
various personality plot ideas:
Alivia would start out very shy and very soft spoken. As a fawn, she'd be almost scared to death to speak to anyone that wasn't her mothers, sisters and brother.
As a yearling, she would grow a little more confident in herself, weather it was through a good friend, or perhaps a few mother/daughter talks. She wouldn't be afraid to speak to strangers, but she still would be very soft spoken and very cautious, while attempting to be as sweet and welcoming as possible. She might often sneak away to be by herself and 'experiment' with puffing herself up and flaunting herself around, but if anyone were to catch her, she would quickly sink back into her timid self.
As an adult, though still shy to an extent, where as she could easily be flustered into a huge blushing fit, she would feel more comfortable showing her true beauty, just as her mothers and sisters had taught her. She would be more open to talking to strangers, but she would never get loud or obnoxious. In fact, any tone of voice over a gentle normal speaking voice, would almost be impossible for her.
I could imagine someone trying to teach her how to scream and yell just for fun and she would be totally confused and scared and never able to produce anything over a tiny mouse screech.
As mentioned in the prompt above, she is absolutely, deathly afraid of getting dirty. As an adult, she would no doubt make someone lie flat on a mud puddle during one of her "dirt frenzies" and use them as a bridge.... or maybe just clamber atop them and stand there fretting and calling for help (in a not very loud voice at all)  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm
Username: Xantara the Eternal
Thicket Name: Tryphaina (Greek name derived from the word tryphe, meaning "delicate, soft".)
Temperament: Tryphaina is a fairly quiet, soft-spoken, introverted, and withdrawn Herla, though with a strong spirit (and slightly vain/proud). She has a... "personality twist" of sorts, perhaps obtained from Barasuishou. The other personality is of a frail, timid, fearful, and insecure side that tends to stammer, ramble, and can cry easily.
Prompt: (Mostly prompt 2, though splicing the other prompts in a little too.)

Told from the perspective of the main personality:
My mother... no, mothers, they say there are many ugly things in this world. To find beauty in things, one must look within oneself first. Which is why they cover my eyes with this smooth cloth. Though... I wonder if it's just an excuse to hide away my useless eyes. I'm certain they do not believe in such a thing as inner beauty, since they spend so much time perfecting their outward beauty and going to extremes to avoid besmirching so much as a tuft of fur with even a modicum of dirt. What use is outer beauty, if I am unable to see it? I was born without sight, which perhaps is a blessing in a way. If there is such ugliness in the world, I have no desire to see it. The warmth of the sun upon my face, the tantalizing aroma of flowers in bloom, the chorus of birds in song... I do not need to see in order to feel their beauty. Though, I know I am beautiful outwardly, for my mothers are, and I take after them. Being blind has forced me to move slowly, with much grace. I could hear how ungraceful my siblings were when moving around at first. They still aren't nearly as graceful as I. Physical and inner beauty aren't the only things to master; one must be beautiful when they move if they wish to truly strike awe in the eyes of those around them. I suppose I must count on my family to take care of my physical/outward beauty, since I lack the ability to do so. Inner beauty and moving with grace... that, I can easily master on my own.

Told from the perspective of the alternate personality:
I... I... I don't know why I wear this blindfold! I can't see, so why would my Mamas cover my eyes? Are my eyes ugly? I'm ugly! I must be! Mamas wouldn't try to hide something if it was beautiful. There must be a way to make them pretty... maybe some berries to paint the fur? Would my big sis help me? I don't know! Maybe she wouldn't want to cuz I cry too much and make my eyes all puffy and ugly... Oh, I hope I don't look stupid! It's so hard to do anything if I can't see! Moving around, I just know I'm gonna make a mess of things. I'm just gonna get dirty, and get even uglier cuz of it! I'm worthless! I'm the worst possible daughter... I'm so useless! Nobody will help me. Nobody will protect me... Who would wanna do anything for a blind ugly freak like me? Maybe Mamas are trying to make me not look ugly by using a cloth over my eyes... Has to be a pretty one, cuz Mamas wouldn't use anything ugly. No, Mamas use only the prettiest things. But then... why would Mamas do anything for me if I'm ugly? Waaaaah, this is so confusing! I wanna see! Then maybe I'd be even more pretty, and then I'd be able to not get dirty. Then I wouldn't be an ugly useless blind freak to my Mamas. M-m-maybe if I move really carefully, I could at least be pretty in how I move...

Future plot ideas:
At first, the divide between the two personalities is indistinct and very hard to tell apart until something sets her off into acting like either personality. As she grows older, her personality split becomes stronger/more distinct and may eventually shift to either different personalities or vanish altogether.

When encountering anyone not of her family, she'd be wary or fearful of them as a yearling. As she gets older, she'll grow distant from everyone, thinking they just like her/want to be with her because of her beauty and not for her personality.

She might decide to ditch her family with their rigid structure of being clean and beautiful (she'll still "keep to the code", but only out of habit).

Ideally, I'd like to find a hart with a "knightly" personality (or some other complimentary personality) to pair with her.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 am
Username: Alanna the Pirate Queen
Thicket Name: Fortuna (the goddess of fortune and aspect of the goddess of Justice, often wears a blindfold... fitting, neh? )
Temperament: (as seen on cert) Beautifully Blunt
Prompt: This is sort of a mix of all the prompts... sweatdrop

They say beauty only lies skin deep... they say while we grow old and ugly, only things like diamonds stay new and shiny.

Fortuna does not believe this. Her mothers aged beautifully, gracefully, and enviably... why shouldn't everyone? The beautiful young hind has a judging eye. If you do not meet her expectations on beauty, both inside and outside, she will not honor you with her presence or her attention.

With a theatrical flourish, Fortuna can flip the blindfold she is wearing on and off her eyes at will. Why look at an ugly world when she doesn't have to? She isn't trying to be mean, she is just being honest. An unusual, dirty, or monstrous appearance will solicit this shunning behavior, but perhaps if she deems your personality appropriate, she will stick around and talk to you. In summary? If you are ugly on the inside, she will admire your appearance, but not honor you with conversation. If you are ugly on the outside, she will cover her eyes with her blindfold, but perhaps engage in lady-like murmurings. If you are rotten both inside and out, you do not exist and Fortuna will neither see nor hear you.

Alas, here is a slight plot twist. As she grows, her eyesight will become worse and worse, probably from using the blindfold so much. She will never be blind, or even close to blind, but everything will be slightly blurry and once crisp details will be slightly less so. It won't be a fast transformation and probably won't even be complete by the time she is an adult. Probably not until she is a mother or grandmother herself will her eyesight become bad enough to truly impact her judgement of others.

As for her own beauty? There is no need to question it or to overtly flaunt it. She knows she is beautiful, both in manner as well as in presentation. She also does not believe that she is the most beautiful-- her sisters posses equal elegance and perhaps her mother even more so. But just because there are other who are as magnificent as she, does not make her any less beautiful.

Overall, Fortuna is a confident young lady with a knack for theatrics. She is honest and open about her opinion, never seeing a reason to soften her words for unprepared ears. Her blindfold will be put to good use over time, blocking out the ugliness around her when she sees fit.

Example quotes:
"Oh! What atrocious conversation... please excuse me, I do not wish to sully my ears with such slanderous talk."
"Dear me... your hair is absolutely fabulous! Tell me, how do you make it so sleek and shiny?"
"Ugh... you smell like a sewer rat..." *puts on her blindfold* "Perhaps if you bathe, I will deign you worthy of my attention..."
"Oh mother-dear... she had such a sad sense of fashion... I do wish I could have helped her, but the sight was so atrocious I could not look at her for long..."  

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

tricksterthought
Crew

Beloved Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Edited 3/16
Username: CoyoteSparrow
Thicket Name: Nike, after the Goddess of Victory.
Temperament: Mommy's Little Girl

Nike loves her mothers deeply, and looks to their example for everything. Their beauty and strength are something she prizes above all else (though staying clean ranks pretty high up there too). So desperately does she want to grow up and be as strong as Barasuishou, and as beautiful as Narcissa, that she is overly critical of her own flaws. As a fawn, Nike will spend most of her time watching, and worshiping her mothers, listening to their every word, and chastising her siblings should they disobey their mothers. In her mind, they are perfection incarnate, and she and her siblings should live up to their example. While she may come off as cold and straight laced to her siblings, she loves them deeply and quite enjoys their company. As a yearling, she would begin to realize her faults, creating an issue for Nike. While her mothers undoubtedly have their flaws, Nike has idolized them to such an extent, that all she can see are her own flaws. She maximizes her own flaws, hates them, but does her best to hide them from anyone who might see. She wants so desperately to be as beautiful as her mother, Narcissa, but sees it as an impossibility. Narcissa is the most beautiful thing she has ever seen, and in Nike's mind, to even try to match her Mother would be a failure. Instead, she drives herself to be as strong and fierce as Barasuishou. Beauty must be born, but strength can be cultivated. Late into her yearling stage, or early into her adult stage, she would likely refuse to take her blindfold off at all anymore, refusing to give in to her flaws. I would really like to discuss plot ideas with family for this stage in her life, should I win her. Her denial of her flaws, rather than acceptance, will likely eat away at her as she grows, seeing everyone in her family as perfect, and herself so flawed. At this point, I can see a few different things happening, depending on exactly how Nike Develops, but the most likely options being: 1. that she finally breaks down, and confides in someone close to her, likely a sibling (She couldn't bear to tell her flaws to her mother, and unless an outside friend became extraordinarily close, she'd be highly unlikely to every let someone, other than a sibling, 'in.' ), or an extraordinarily close friend, or 2. She would likely start to cave in, collapsing in on the hole that such a potentially steep lack of self confidence could create. While the first would end up giving her a friend for life, the second would likely make her a much more hardened and withdrawn character.

Prompt: (Responding to a mix of all three)
The fawn laid in her thicket, nibbling at the sheer fabric that dangled only inches above her head. She never sought to eat the fabric, only taste it, and feel it. It was beautiful, just like her mothers. Just like she would be, one day. After all, she was their daughter, one of a perfect three. A little smile formed on the young fawn's face as she peeked out into the world. Nothing was quite so beautiful as her family, where each was perfect. Long she had listened, and peeked, but this, this would be the first time she stepped out. The fawn's legs shifted beneath her, and shakily she took a breath. Certainly enough, it was a big moment for her. With a heave, Nike stood, her legs trembled beneath her, as sturdy as willow branches. She tried to open her eyes, but the world was huge, terrifying and bright. The little fawn's eyes shut tight, the light blinding as she ventured out for the first time. The branches of her thicket grabbed at her tiny, unsteady legs. Without warning, they slipped from beneath her, and Nike let a small squeak before she recognized her mother's strong grasp, that warm, and strong embrace. The young fawn coo'ed, doing her very best to form all of the words correctly, but despite her best efforts, a string of baby babble spilled fourth. The fawn nestled against her mother's side, eyes shut tight against the day. Slowly, they adjusted, and the blinking foal beamed, overjoyed with the world.
Her mother gasped.

>Tiny threads of white blossomed from the tiny fawn's pupils, their smokey tips reaching out to the broken iris. It was as if the storm clouds of a hurricane had welled up in those large, bright baby eyes, their tumultuous wind so severe, it was gradually ripping away at the beautiful golden iris that oddly enough seemed but a few shades away from sunlight.
Nike's head tilted, not understanding.

>The damage was small still, and the babe could hardly be expected to know better. After all, to her the world was still beautiful, if not a little foggy.
Her mother pulled the blindfold and it's beautiful veil from the branch of the thicket, and tied it around the fawn's eyes.
Nike never questioned why her mother did as she did. Her mother had given her the blindfold, and so she wore it proudly, almost never taking it off.

"Hey, stop it!" Nike's tone had turned harsh, for one her age, but what was she to do? Her little ears pricked forward, watching the other fawns through their sounds, and the little vision that her stormy eyes afforded. They ran through the grasses, playing their joyful little games. Slinging mud everywhere. Now they had spotted her pristine little coat with mud, and Nike was anything but pleased. "Now I'm all dirty!" Immediately, she turned to clean away the mud, so absorbed in her fretting that she did not notice the other yearlings approach.
"What's with the Blindfold?" One asked curiously, reaching out to nose the beautiful little veil before Nike snatched it away.
"None of your business!" She shouted, skittering away from the unknown face. Someone came forward, and tugged at the blindfold with a cruel laugh. The chill of fear cooled the anger burning in her little chest. Nike pulled away, and the blindfold was tugged free.
"...Look at her eyes!"
"Freak!"
Nike dashed forward, recovering her precious blindfold before escaping into the trees. Tears welled up, spilling down the yearling's cheeks as she made her way to the river. How could they be so mean? So cruel? She hadn't done anything to them, the ugly little things.. Anger burned in her little chest, but the tears refused to stem their flow. She was so weak, so fragile. Why couldn't she be like her mother, why couldn't she be strong, and graceful? Why couldn't she be reserved, and beautiful? They were so perfect, so beautiful, so strong... She was their daughter, so she should be like them, and yet here she was, a weak little thing crying into the river.
Nike gave the foggy reflection in the river a cold, accusing stare. Such large, ugly eyes. No. She would never be beautiful, not like her mother, Narcissa. She was ugly, and of that she had no doubt. Well, the cold thought came, if I cannot be beautiful, I must be strong. Beauty was born. It was something you either were, or were not. Nike had thought she was,once, but even she had glimpsed what those broken eyes looked like. She knew better. Freak
Nike slipped the blindfold as best she could over her eyes, and washed her coat in cool water of the river. There she stayed, until her coat was dry and shining. She might not be beautiful, but strong was something she could make herself. Slowly, she began her trek back home.
"Hey look, its the freak."
An icy chill replaced the heat of anger in Nike's chest. She turned her head toward the voice, ears watching his every movement. She heard the moment his little hooves dug into the ground, and pounced forward. She was ready. Nike's back hoof snaked forward as her body curled sideways. Her hoof hit her mark with a satisfying thud, and the yearling was sent sprawling. Nike stayed where she was, 'watching' the ugly little yearlings skitter away from her. Nike pulled the blindfold away from her stormy eyes. She looked down at the yearling who had so graciously caught her hoof for her, her expression cold. "Listen here, you ugly little son of a gharvial. Don't ever touch me again."

((For reference, Nike suffers from a traumatic cataract that will steadily eat away at her vision as she ages. With the Iris so compromised, it is nearly impossible for her eyes to adjust to light. As an adult her eyes would be terribly useless, frightening to some and beautiful to others.))

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 pm
Username: Ruriska
Thicket Name: Sinoe [A Greek Nymph that brought up the God Pan]
Temperament: Nurturing
Prompt: 2

“I do not wish to see you. I will judge you by your words and actions, not by your face.”

The fawn had listened to it as she snuggled deep within her thicket. Beauty was the ideal. Beauty was everything. If you were not beautiful, you were not worth noticing. Even as a young, silly little creature; something about that ideal had seemed wrong. So she had refused to open her eyes, had refused to see the world. She had even refused to see her own reflection. Hiding her gaze behind a blindfold; she saw nothing but darkness.

And so…
Sinoe is a little bit naïve, a ton stubborn and full of a lot of compassion. She’ll be a very sweet little thing in her young stages, being the one that wants to help everyone, especially her sisters. In putting on the blindfold, she believes that she will lack the judgmental attitude her family is well known for and be able to understand other Herla better. Eventually she will realize, while well-meaning, her decision was a childish one. A part of her was always afraid that she would not be as beautiful as they would want her to be, and so she turned away from it. As an adult she will understand she was judging her own family by refusing their ideals. Even as an adult she will continue to keep the blindfold on, as a form self-imposed punishment, but she will be content to remain blind to the world.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:10 pm
Username: cashmeresky
Thicket Name: Alcmene - might of the moon
Temperament: She has a strong sense of justice, and if she sees anything that she deems unfair or unrighteous, she gets a strong urge to "save the day". She has somewhat of a Prince Charming complex, not in the sense that she will search for the perfect hart or hind, but rather, Alcmene has a thing for saving damsels in distress. Alceme tries desperately to hide these traits in front of her parents, fearing that they would disapprove, and as a fawn she isn't so fond of her desires to be "the hero".
Prompt: 2 (maybe a bit of 1 too)

"It's a choice," Alcmene tells herself, "I like wearing this blindfold!" She always insists that she wants to be exactly like one of her mothers, Barasuishou, cool, calm, and collected. No emotions to get in the way, yet caring towards those she loves. Alcmene also looks up to her other mother, who is formal and also does not prance around getting into everyone's business. Oh how wonderful it would be if Alcmene could act so effortlessly nonchalant.

But, the truth is, Alcmene's personality is far from removed. If she sees a hind stuck in the mud, she would run over to help and most likely get caked in dirt as a result. If a little fawn is getting bullied, she would charge in and stand up for the underdog. If a beast appears and threatens a doe, Alcmene would rush to slay the beast and win the beautiful damsel. She secretly calls herself Prince Lavender and pretends the crystals on her shoulders are her armor.

Although she feels this way, she isn't proud of it. She is raised in a family where poise, beauty, and cleanliness are of utmost importance. Running around and getting her hooves dirty would surely be looked down upon, which is why Alcmene keeps her Prince Charming complex to herself. Like her mother Bara and her eye-patch, Alcmene decided to wear a blindfold to restrain herself from bringing justice to situations that don't affect her. In short, her blindfold makes her ignorant to what is fair or unfair around her and allows her to change empathy into apathy. With her blindfold, she can finally get close to achieving the way Barasuishou and Narcissia hold themselves. She could be proper and beautiful and ladylike and everything her parents want her to be.

But even so, she still likes to call herself Prince Lavender and, when her family isn't watching, woo a damsel or two.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:02 pm
Username: musicaloner7
Thicket Name: Vinette; Latin for Conquering.
Temperament: Regal
Prompt: { 1 + 2 combo. }

"Beauty and good grooming important? Why of course they are! After all, it's befitting for a lady of my caliber to be any less than properly manicured. Besides, it makes me feel quite confident in myself in being so! I wouldn't want to be seen as some sort of mud dweller, or filthy beast. That's not at all how my family is to be represented. I feel bad for those whose parents don't give their fawns the proper etiquette in which to hold themselves in society. But if I can bear it, I suppose it would only be right for me to show them the right way!"

Indeed Vinette followed the 'code' of the females in her family. Vanity was a high priority at all times, almost the very first. The young fawn was proud of her heritage, and wanted to represent her lineage with the utmost respect. She valued their ideal's and was quite thankful to be blessed with the natural beauty that both mothers held. Being so young, and unexposed to the world just yet, she couldn't imagine what it would be like to be... to be ugly. It was such a sad thought! But her parents had said it was indeed possible... and she could only wonder further. How did these poor souls actually let themselves go into public and be seen? It sounded so terribly embarrassing. Perhaps they covered themselves up. That sounded like the reasonable thing to do. After all, when her fur had gotten nicked from a branch scraping it too rough, one of her mothers had covered it with a pretty strand of ribbon.

But this made the fawn wonder more. Perhaps beauty could be taught. Maybe there were those who just didn't know about personal hygiene, or good fashion sense. If that were the case, surely she could assist in the matter. After all, she didn't want to see a train wreck, and she was certain no one else did.

Though... if someone were to turn that offered help back at her in retaliation, or any individual that she held dear, well... they'd be met with a force to reckon with. Such disrespect will not be tolerated. Even being so petite, Vinette refuses to allow anyone to try and taint those close to her heart. She was not weak, perhaps fragile and delicate, but there was no way she would turn down from anyone confronting her whether direct or indirect.
On the other hand, if her assistance is accepted than she shall groom, and preen you like her sisters, look out for you in the same way too. Perhaps even take charge of most things, to boot... But that doesn't mean she'll turn a deaf ear to your desires. No, no. She simply likes to lead the way. After all, she is a natural born leader. Fearless... except to dirt and mud...

Persona blurb: Vinette is very lady-like in her mannerisms... more so her demeanor. She's dainty, delicate, and holds herself with poise and grace. She keeps to being clean and tidy, as well as following the etiquette of good 'table manners', such as chewing small bites at a more slower rate to prevent splatter or the unsightly glimps of food in one's mouth. Though she holds all these dignified traits, she can be a bit... well, vain, like her mothers. In her younger years it will be more apparent, but might widdle down a little the older she gets and more experience she gains. If someone else isn't at the same level of presentation as she, judgement will be made. First impressions are important, after all! It can easily effect how she acts towards you. She's rather blunt too, not at all afraid to speak her mind. But she won't always do it in a viscous manner, but she will point out some flaws that are apparent. Sometimes she may even assist in getting you all cleaned up to her standards. It won't be uncommon for her to take others under her 'proper manners' wing, and show them the true ways of appropriate display. As she gets older, she may become intrigued by those who aren't afraid to get a little dirty. She values her family above all else, and won't hesitate to stick up for their honor, or to those who may wish harm upon them. Very much a take charge kinda gal, and has a pretty mature mindset even at a young age.

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 pm
Username: Astraea Pandora
Thicket Name: Penelope - Greek - Weaver or Web Over Her Face
Temperament: Confident, Hopeless Romantic, Prissy, Boy Crazy
Prompt: 3

"Someday my Prince will come.." that's what all the story girls say isn't it? That their Prince will come one day to wisk them off Happily Ever After? Ah..I want that to happen for me too.

After all, I have all of the qualifications to be someone's Princess! I'm extraordinarily beautiful, (Thanks to the perfection that is Mother Bara and Mother Narcissa.), smart, proper, dependable, polite, graceful, confident, creative, witty, kind, caring, delicate, selfless, faithful, clever, respectable, and lastly, but not least, very humble. I am the perfect princess candidate.

And to prove myself ultimately worthy of Happily Ever After, I am going to be completely chaste until I find him and I'm totally 100% sure he's the one. And of course he will wait for me too because, well, I am me and I am worth waiting for body and soul. My TRUE Prince will see that!

Except, I seem to have this problem...

Bucks...are...so...HOT! Gosh, every one of them that go by seem to have some feature that just makes them irresistible to me! Their eyes, their smiles, their antlers, those wings, that flank. I want them all! But I CAN'T because I made the vow to find my One True Prince and get my Happily Ever After where I will be perfectly in love and happy and will never worry about any of those other bucks. They will not bother me and I will not be tempted by them because I will be whole with my Prince.

But it's so HARD. There are so many bucks in the forest and I want to throw myself at them and have hot romances and steamy nights and memories that will last forever.

...maybe not all of the stories I was told when I was younger were fairy tales....

My blindfold is all for show. I can see through the thing, but it's symbolic of my vow to be blinded to the temptations of life and only have eyes for my One True Prince. But secretly, I use it to be able to scope out males when I talk to them or if one happens to walk by, I can check them out while appearing to remain aloof and lady like. I'm oh so clever.

I am a lady after all. It would not do to appear to be so flighty or silly or obviously ogle any males that came by. Most of my siblings aren't very proper at all, I'm sure it pains our Mother Narcissa. I do try and correct their behavior so I won't be so embarrassed to introduce my One True Prince to them, but they never seem to listen. They'll be the death of me and Mother Narcissa, and if they drive off my Prince, I will disown the whole lot of them no matter how much I love them!

But...I'm scared. Deep down, I'm scared.

I'm truly frighten that my vow is silly and that there is no thing as my One True Prince. And if I happen to find him, can I really just turn off my attraction to other bucks just like that? Can I so easily reject their advances or looking at them as they pass or I talk to them? I couldn't stand that if my Prince did that and so I can't do it either. But I don't know if I can stop, I don't know if I can contain myself. It keeps me awake at night and is my only real worry in the world.

~sigh~ All I want to do is be happy with the prince who was meant for me.

Character Growth

Penelope will start as most deer, tiny, small, and sweet. When she hits fawn stage, she will be going through a lot of training to become the perfect lady and princess and make her vow to find her one true prince. When she hits yearling stage, she will start to notice boys and start struggling with her boy craziness and her vow. She will also begin to develop her clever and covert ways to drool over men without loosing her lady like aura and mystique. As an adult, she will begin more earnestly to search for her Prince.

Plot/Character Ideas

My family doesn't take my vow of chastity seriously and they're constantly trying to aggravate my "strong like of males" problem to make me break it.

My sister Marvel hates men and she and I butt heads about it sometimes and she might even be actively sabotaging my mission for my Happily Ever After.

I'm a bit on the..straight laced and uptight side...and several of my siblings are happy-go-lucky. It annoys me because it makes me jealous they're so carefree. Maybe one of them can get me to lighten up a little.

My blindfold fell off and I've resorted to closing my eyes until it's found to keep my vow! My family thinks this is the best time to poke a little fun at me while looking for it.

A couple of my siblings are....not as formal as they should be. I keep trying to correct them and teach them, but I don't think its going well..

I want to be prettier, but I need Kiraki to design things that go with my blindfold. She insists I get rid of it to be much more fashionable and beautiful.

Calix is very polite and gentlemanly, and spending time with him shapes how I feel my Prince will and should act. He might also be able to bring my lofty ideals for my Prince back to earth.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:04 pm

User Image
After careful deliberation between Cursed and myself, we've finally chosen a winner <33

Congrats to.........

CoyoteSparrow!
We hope you have fun with Nike, and RP with us a whole bunch, okay? c:
(I'm gonna go message you for your IM now teehee)

purplerosesbeauty
Crew

Springtime Spirit

Past Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas