Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
Household fey folk

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you belive?
  Yes
  No
  maybe...who knows?
View Results

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 pm
Do you believe in house fairies,brownies,borrowers etc? If you do how do you go about keeping them inline or happy?

I've had my own little experiences with some little critter or creature in my home. Hearing the pitter-patter of little feet at night or shuffling when all else is still and the occasional item going missing and then returning to a place that I had already searched or out in the open where it has no business of being.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 am
auhggkjlkvcsbkjboihafbkjnkfdbnkjfeabkhnbfvlkn!!!!!!

Bl

Yes! They would take my stones and other things! Cute and funny sometimes, but mostly little boogers. XD

Generally a thumbtack of cream or honey (even both!) pleases them. Fruit doesn't kill either.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:43 am
i've actually been thinking more & more about this lately. i remember as a kid being OBSESSED with fairies. my friends & i would pretend to be fairies, i would check out ANY picture book from the library with fairies in it, i would play in the garden & look for fairies, etc etc.

as an adult, i'm thinkin' i was on the right track. i definitely believe in Nature spirits -- so why wouldn't they take the form of tiny pixies or elves?

i've read that fostering a playful & loving relationship with the fairies in your area is a good idea for witches. leave them little gifts, talk to them, don't get mad if they play little tricks on you, etc. i've heard witches talk about fairies aiding them in magical workings, but only after they spent time getting to know the lil spirits living in their household. think about it: the land your house sits on was once "wild." those spirits didn't go anywhere!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm
Yogurto
i've actually been thinking more & more about this lately. i remember as a kid being OBSESSED with fairies. my friends & i would pretend to be fairies, i would check out ANY picture book from the library with fairies in it, i would play in the garden & look for fairies, etc etc.

as an adult, i'm thinkin' i was on the right track. i definitely believe in Nature spirits -- so why wouldn't they take the form of tiny pixies or elves?

i've read that fostering a playful & loving relationship with the fairies in your area is a good idea for witches. leave them little gifts, talk to them, don't get mad if they play little tricks on you, etc. i've heard witches talk about fairies aiding them in magical workings, but only after they spent time getting to know the lil spirits living in their household. think about it: the land your house sits on was once "wild." those spirits didn't go anywhere!

I totally agree with fostering a good relationship with positive spirits in the home. They can be helpful when they feel like it.
I have an understanding with mine that they can take little things that won't be missed in exchange for helping me find other things I lost and are missed.  

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Gijett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:24 am
I've had things disappear for a time (mostly toys) and even if I scoured the entire house, they'd be missing. Oddly enough I'd find them OUTSIDE as soon as I stopped bothering to look for them. That was maybe when I was 8-10, and I soon adopted a "As long as you bring it back, you can play with it" stance on the situation. After that, things disappeared less and less! Maybe they just wanted the toys because they weren't allowed to have them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:56 am
MairuiMarie
Yogurto

I totally agree with fostering a good relationship with positive spirits in the home. They can be helpful when they feel like it.
I have an understanding with mine that they can take little things that won't be missed in exchange for helping me find other things I lost and are missed.

interesting! how did you go about fostering this good relationship? any tips you'd like to share?  

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:49 am
Yogurto
MairuiMarie
Yogurto

interesting! how did you go about fostering this good relationship? any tips you'd like to share?

I just like to casually talk to them.Hell if they didn't like people to some degree they'd cause much more harm than good.

When they were at their peak of mischief it was keeping me from a good night's sleep by making noise at night so I told them "hey I know you guys like to cause a little mischief and I'm fine with that but just try not to freak me out too much. I won't interfere with your antics." And then the activity really went down and now they just hide things on me now. And when its something I really need to find again I politely ask them to put it back where it belongs and then leave the room for a few minutes so they aren't seen and then i can usually find it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am
Gijett
I've had things disappear for a time (mostly toys) and even if I scoured the entire house, they'd be missing. Oddly enough I'd find them OUTSIDE as soon as I stopped bothering to look for them. That was maybe when I was 8-10, and I soon adopted a "As long as you bring it back, you can play with it" stance on the situation. After that, things disappeared less and less! Maybe they just wanted the toys because they weren't allowed to have them.

They would turn the heads of my toys when I was young. I would have a doll on the floor next to me with its face turned one way I'd look at something else for a minute or two and then the head would be facing another way. Harmless fun to them,a little scary for me.  

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Yogurto

4,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 pm
fascinating! i haven't had much interaction with fairies in recent memory (at least, not that i've noticed!) but i think that might be because i've switched living locations a lot in the past 5 years -- in & out of college dorms, parents' houses, etc etc. maybe once things stabilize i can start working on fostering relations with the fey.

i've been trying to work with those magical entities/ideas i was drawn to as a child. like, incorporating nursery rhymes into my workings, that sort of thing. as i said, i LOVED fairies as a kid so i think it would do me good to explore this as a more mature witch.  
The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games