Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[BATTLE PRP][1x1] Cracked Opinions [Gale vs Mei][f] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:50 pm
Deep inside the Haunted House, in a room that rivaled something out of a Tim Burton movie a young, blonde haired boy sat on a couch.

The couch in question was a deep, burgundy red with thin, golden threads woven into it, and dark mahogany wood, the base curved up to look like clawed feet. The walls were a particularly violent shade of blue, with mismatched, battered picture frames hung all over the place with no sense of organization whatsoever. Threadbare black drapes hung over one wall, with a window facing out to nowhere on another, the glass cracked and smeared. Over the floor and on the couch there were dusty pillows and cushions of all shapes and sizes, tossed haphazardly this way and that. In the corner of the spacious room there was a large grand piano - though "grand" was stretching it, since there were at least half of the keys missing and it was tilted sideways as though it were about to fall over.

And then there was Gale, one leg crossed over the other and looking decidedly out of place, the sniper rifle summoned and resting against his shoulder with the butt of it in against his leg. He had his head tilted back, eyes tracing the lines of the cracks in the ceiling.

<< What are we doing here? >>

Waiting.

<< For what? >>

Anything.

He did not give an explanation other than that, and Jinhai did not pursue the matter.

STATUS EFFECT
ALL RUNIC WEAPONS/ LEARNED ABILITIES DO 2x damage or Healing (if they damage) to their target.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:43 pm
Mei hadn't expected to come across the corridor. She had heard rumors of this happening to other students, and that it had been happening more frequently than usual. But never did she think she, herself would find herself searching it. It was probably unwise to continue forward, yet she was somehow intrigued. No matter how much her mind screamed for her to turn back, her body kept moving forward without any hesitation. The smell was all too familiar. Enough to make her really look at where she arrived. "The haunted mansion?" The very same mansion that she had come to with her team, Luminous Flux? The memories for Red's death were as haunting as the day it had happened.

Before she knew it, she was already inside, scouting out the area. Maybe there were other students here as well? After all, this did seem to be happening more often than not. Peeking into one room, she made a face when finding the room empty and moved onto the next. This continued for a good ten minutes or so until she came across one room in particular. Stepping into the room, she allowed her gaze to wander before letting her eye settle on a blond haired boy across the room. Another student? No..

Looking the boy up and down, he didn't look that much younger than her, in appearance anyways. Breathing inwardly, she stepped closer to get a better look at the boil, but halted her advance soon after. The weapon and coat were a dead giveaway--a hunter. Why the hell did she not realize this sooner? "I don't suppose you found this place by accident as well, did you? Hunter?"

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

LividPeas rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:46 pm
ROLLING NOW BECAUSE I FORGOT 8D  
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:08 pm
He could feel the creature approaching, if only because he could feel Jinhai thrum, sensing the FEAR that was somewhere within range. Gale didn't move from where he sat, however, still in the same prone position when he heard the door open, heard the footsteps and the creaking of the floorboards as someone stepped into the room.

"I don't suppose you found this place by accident as well, did you? Hunter?"

At first he didn't move, didn't even acknowledge that he knew she was in the room. However, after a few moments of simply counting more cracks in the ceiling (he was up to thirty-two now) Gale, without turning his head, said "I never do anything unintentionally."

This was only half true, but it was not as if he were going to admit that here and now. Slowly Gale shifted, his gaze flickering towards the creature at the door - a female one, tall and slender, with a cracked face and flowing, silky magenta hair. He really had no idea what exactly she was, but it didn't matter.

Not anymore.

"If it were accidental, then I wouldn't have been sitting here," said Gale sardonically, cracking a smile. He eased upwards slowly, as though deliberately taking his time, an uncaring, aloof expression on his face.

"So you're lost, are you? That's very interesting."

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm
Mei shifted uneasily, folding her arms beneath her chest. Her gaze left the hunter a moment as she eyed his weapon instead. The horsemen had said that the hunter's weapons had originally been Halloween denizens, but they were no longer allies, but enemies. They served their masters loyally now, and probably would not hesitate to kill her, or her fellow classmates. Yet she couldn't shake the thought of them being former allies.

"I never do anything unintentionally."

The words were enough to bring her out of her train of thoughts and return her stare to the hunter boil. So he was here for a reason? But what? Did the hunters know of the students finding this place at random, or was it all by chance? The idea didn't sit well with her. Not one bit.

It was true as he said; if he were lost, as she was, he would most likely be scouting the building for an exit, not sitting in one place. Clenching and unclenching her hands, she remained quiet for the time being, watching as he stood to his feet. He definitely appeared younger than some of the other hunters she had witnessed..but she refused to believe him weaker than the others. All of these hunters were professional killers--or killers in training as it were for some of them. This one, in particular, kept his cool. Again, this did not bring any comfort to the the living doll. No, if anything, it scared her even more.

"How so?"

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm
She was shorter than him, at least - by hardly an inch, but it was still an inch and Gale would take it. And she seemed confident enough, her stance alone indicating that she was not the type to bawl piteously like some of the other creatures.

At least he hoped she wouldn't. That would be rather unfortunate.

<< ...are you all right, Gale? >>

How do you mean?

<< Well, you're acting rather...strange... >>

I'm fine. You're over thinking things.

The silence that followed this was a clear indication that Jinhai did not agree with this statement, but he did not say anything, only giving a low, slightly hesitant thrum within Gale's mind.

He turned back to the creature, lifting the rifle.

"Like this," he said, and pulled the trigger.

User Image

[ HP: 50/50
Damage: 1
Charge: 1/3 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-16)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 pm
The shot was enough to make her jump back in reaction, and into a readied stance. If she believed that she could talk her way through this with some sort of negotiation, she was sadly mistaken. These hunters were not to be reasoned with, nor would they reason with them. Talking was merely a waste of time. If she wanted to get out of this place--alive--she would need to take this hunter down first. Not an easy task with her track record of fighting..and to boot, he was an unknown. She knew nothing of his battle capabilities, but he appeared to be one of higher rank.

Pressing her fingers to the fresh gash on her cheek, she wrinkled her nose and prepared herself. Just go in with a positive attitude, keep moving, and you should be okay. She didn't believe herself yet, but for now, it was the best she could do.

Taking a steady breath, she lunged forward aiming a quick jab towards his side before leaping back out of range of any melee blows of his own.

Just keep moving..

User Image
HP: 39/40
TARGET: Gale
DAMAGE: 6
FEAR: ---

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:04 pm
He hadn't hit her much - at the last second Gale had shifted the gun just a fraction of an inch, and the bullet had merely grazed her face rather than embed itself in her body.

She came at him, then, aiming a blow at his side, and Gale leaped backwards, skidding on the crumbled, debris strewn floor. Wordlessly he spun the rifle around in his arms, gripping it by the barrel instead of the normal holds and swung it as hard as he could, cracking the weapon against her legs and hopefully knocking her down to the ground in the process.

"What's your name?" he asked, in a completely different tone of voice than normal. Inside of his head, he could hear Jinhai's sharp intake of breath -hypothetically speaking - the atmosphere around him to tense, too stiff.

<< What's wrong with you? You're acting really weird. >>

I'm fine.

A lie, but Gale was not about to admit it, not even to himself.

User Image

[ HP: 44/50
Damage: 8
Charge: 2/3 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-16)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:15 pm
As soon as she had landed a hit, she was on the move again, but no matter how fast she moved, she couldn't escape his next attack. It was times like this, she cursed opponents for having weapons that has long reach. Even if his gun was meant for shooting things, it still hurt like hell to be smacked by the damn thing as well.

At first, she was more shocked. Then the pain set in, and she could do little to quiet the cry of pain as she hit the ground with a thud. Clutching at her leg, she practically hissed, looking over a very large crack leading to a bloody large hole in her leg. This would definitely slow her down now. Hell, it would be a challenge just to stand on her jack damn feet again!

"What's your name?"

Fighting between answering and spitting out all the curses she could think of, Mei clenched her teeth together before breathing out. "Mei." Why he wanted to know her name, she wasn't sure. It was kind of pointless, if he was going to kill her. Or maybe, they would be able to talk this through--no. After what just happened, to think like that, was suicide. She had to keep fighting!

With all her strength, she twisted her body and swung her uninjured leg into his.

User Image
HP: 31/40
DAMAGE: 7

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 10 Total: 15 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 pm
He'd gotten her down, the creature crumpling to the floor with a small cry of pain. Gale stood over her, still holding the rifle by the barrel, his face almost completely expressionless.

<< Gale. You're worrying me. This isn't like you. >>

I'm fine.

A repeated mantra, a second denial. Gale felt the creature's - Mei's, as she called herself - foot connect with his leg in a painfully hard kick. He staggered backwards, crashing into the splintered mirror with a loud crack. Shards of glass cascaded around him, a few catching on his skin, but Gale just pushed himself away, shaking out his shirt and hair.

This is what I wanted, isn't it? To not feel anything? To just do my job without feeling a damn thing -

His chest ached. Gale lifted his chin, blood streaking down the side of his face as he dove forward again, swinging the rifle like a bat.

I don't feel anything.

I don't want to feel anything.

User Image

[ HP: 37/50
Damage: 9
Charge: 3/3 ]

LividPeas

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LividPeas rolled 8 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 4, 2 Total: 19 (8-32)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:11 pm
Watching as he staggered back, she took this time to try and get to her feet. Easier said than done. Her one leg was completely useless in this state, and it wouldn't take much for her to land back on the floor again. Not that she had the chance to even stand up. Just as she had crawled onto her elbows, she felt something slam into her back. Screaming again, collapsed back onto the floor.

She couldn't do anything like this, she was screwed if she didn't at least heal herself. How sad, that in practically two blows she was already in this sorry state. Digging her fingers against the floor, she focused her FEAR on healing her injuries, or at least the worst of it. It took probably a few seconds tops, but it was enough to get her up and moving again, and back out of range from the hunter.

Standing on the far side of the room, she practically stared the hunter down, before shifting her gaze to the door she had come in. If the worse came, she would have to make a run for it. But would she have time to even reach the door if it came to it? Just mere seconds ago, she could barely even move herself. If she were to get into that situation again..she wouldn't stand a chance.

"I gave you my name. Its only fair you return give me yours in return." At least this way she would have a name to go by.

User Image
HP: 38/40
TARGET: Mei
DAMAGE: Healed 16 hp
FEAR: Medic + Success!

kuromeez

kuropeco rolled 8 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 4, 4, 3 Total: 26 (8-32)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:06 am
He watched her crawl across the floor, his eyes completely devoid of any emotion whatsoever. She was just a Halloween creature, after all - none of his concern, and it did not do to feel that sort of thing for them.

Nothing. I don't want to feel anything.

Feeling hurts too much.

She was doing something now, sitting on the other side of the room with a look of great concentration of pain on her face. Jinhai made a low, rough sound in Gale's mind, saying something about FEAR and healing, but Gale blocked him out, sliding the gun around so that he was holding it properly now. He lifted it, rested the barrel against his shoulder, and slipped his free hand into the pocket of his pants.

"Life's not fair," said Gale, eyes flickering around the room before they landed back on her. "If there's one thing I've learned from being a Hunter, it's that."

There was a slight pause. He could feel the coldness of the sniper rifle seeping into his skin, ice creeping up and the barrel at a steady pace. Gale lifted the rifle again, using one hand to hold it out, pointing it at Mei.

"But I'll tell you anyway."

There was a deafening bang that shook the room, an explosion of ice and bullets that careened towards her at breakneck speed. Fog from the barrel of the gun wafted upwards as Gale slowly lowered the rifle.

<< Gale. What the Jack is wrong with you, you're - >>

Shut up.

He stepped across the room, at a calm pace, and looked down at Mei.

"My name is Gale Gentry."

User Image

[ HP: 37/50
Damage: 22 >> SORRY MEI I STILL LOVE YOU QQQ <3
Charge: 0/3 ]

LividPeas

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-16)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm
It was times like these that Mei was happy that her FEAR was specialized in healing. But it was also only dragging out the inevitable. She was in over her head--this she knew now--but what options did she have. Run and die? Or fight and die? Neither options were all that appealing to her, but if she had to make a choice: she wouldn't go down without a fight.

"Life's not fair,"

That was so true. She had only been alive for a few years, and already this world was giving her more than she could handle. If it weren't for the few people she cared about, she would just say to hell with it all! Bottom line: life sucks.

But what was it in these hunters lives, that made them so bitter towards her kin? As far as she knew, it was the Halloween denizens that had reason to hate them. It was the hunters that started all this, wasn't it? Or was it? Had something happened between their species to make them this way? The thought of it made her head spin, and did little to help her current situation, except to annoy her further.

"But I'll tell you anyway."

The shot practically rocked her back before falling to her knees. Whatever healing she had used a few moments ago was totally discarded when he pulled that trigger. Clutching at her side, she was sure she heard herself scream again. How pathetic. Gritting her teeth, she sneered up at the boil as he motioned toward her.

He was too calm. Way too damn calm. "Well.." Spitting out a mouthful of blood onto the floor, Mei glared up at the hunter. "I'll be sure to remember your name, Gale Gentry." Springing from the floor, she punched up towards his chin.

She was definitely in over her head.

User Image
HP: 16/40 ಠ___ಠ;;;; Oh s**t
DAMAGE: 7

kuromeez

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 9 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:03 pm
Her screams, which once would have made him flinch, did nothing this time, nothing at all, except reverberate through his head, echoing loudly in every thought, every cell in his body. It was almost as if he could feel her pain, and Gale closed his eyes, letting it sink into himself, flow through his veins.

I'll take her pain. I don't want my own.

Her pain was from physical wounds, from what he had caused. And right now, Gale would have rather taken that than the chest aching stabs he felt every day, every moment, every second.

Why did I do this? Why am I here?

I don't belong here. I'm too young. They were right.

Everyone was right.

Her hit, while unsurprising (he was standing too close, after all), caught him off guard. Gale felt his neck snap back, and he staggered several steps backwards, gagging. His throat felt sore, and there was certainly a sharp bruise forming along his jawline, but Gale swung the rifle around anyway, his head spinning. He grabbed one of her arms, shoving the barrel of the gun into her side and pulled the trigger.

"I want you to remember me."

Because no one else will.

<< That's not true and you know it. >> Jinhai's voice was sharp, tense.

Gale closed his eyes again, shaking his head ever so slightly.

What am I doing here?

User Image

[ HP: 30/50
Damage: 7
Charge: 1/3 ]

LividPeas

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm
Keeping her hand pressed to her side, Mei grimaced as she looked over the large whole in her side from the last attack. There was no chance she would be able to heal this now. Her FEAR had practically depleted from just healing once, and any chance of healing it now, even a little, was almost pointless. Even if it did work, it wouldn't do much, especially if she got his by another attack like that. Even his melee blows were crippling.

Before she could even register what what was happening, he had already grabbed her arm and had the barrel of his gun pressed to her side. At this point, Mei was too tired to even scream. Hell, she was too tired to do much of anything. One more hit like that, and she was out.

"I want you to remember me."

Raising her free hand, she hit him. It wasn't like her other attacks, it wasn't even a punch. It was more of a light thump on his side. "Why..? Even after all of this..why the hell do I feel pity for you? Are you really sure I'm the monster?"

User Image
HP: 9/40 lolol almost dead xD
DAMAGE: 0

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items