Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[Battle PRP][1 v 1] - Finding Gale Gentry (Bul/Gale) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Pepzilla rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 pm
Unstabul promised he would find Gale. He didn't say what he would do to him, but if anything the half beast wished to at least SPEAK to the hunter, letting him know what he had done to his ghoulfriend despite how useless it would be. All he wanted was to show Gale that he meant business.. that picking on a lone ghoul and beating the ever loving s**t out of her just wasn't cool in his book. BASICALLY? Bul just wanted to pull of the biggest White Knighting he'd ever attempted.

Hopefully.. he'd return home. Already the Haunted House proved its usefulness to Amityville students, but like a loaded canon, it was also incredibly dangerous. Bul was aware of its power, taking into consideration the fact that one room could always be a blizzard while the other could be a raging inferno. He just hoped it wasn't a giant bathtub with a tentacle monster inside.

As he trekked the darkened looming grounds in Halloween Town he repeated to himself the directions he'd remembered from the meeting with SEEDs. Turn here, around there, and ask for the corridor with a minipet sacrifice. No, that was something entirely different. Either way, the half beast DID somehow manage to narrow in on the Haunted House's whereabouts. Through the corridor he stepped and on the other side lie the creaking behemoth of a home, its tattered shutters and crumbling walls a reminder of every single jack-awful time he'd ever been there. Perhaps the only room that he enjoyed was the treasure room in which he climbed around on tables and ceilings to escape.. promptly before Invictus' father turned them all into flapjacks. Bul took in a heavy breath. It was very possible that he may never leave this building.. but in time he would seek out the hunter named Gale Gentry who attacked Mei.

One step inside and Bul felt the shifting of walls, a quiet rumble that grew louder.. and louder. The lights above in the foyer shattered and the darkness swallowed him into a new surrounding where it dropped him into a pile of sand under a sky at dusk. The red's and purples dripped into one another in this surreal landscape and the gritty sand beneath his feet was warm and black. Dusting lightly over the horizon the sand gave way to large towers of quartz that jetted out of the ground trying desperately to reach the sky. Bul felt something radiate off of these quartz stones the closer he came to them. As quartz was highly conducive, he could sense that FEAR, pure, unfiltered FEAR was humming out of the jagged rocks. Oh how it-

Bul grew weary though as he stood there in that vast no-mans land. In the distance he could see giant megaliths tainted in black like rising hordes. They didn't move... no, but they gave off an intimidating vibe. A foreboding.. unpleasant vibe. Was it a warning? Hunters could have already been in the Haunted House for all he knew. Bul remained high on alert and remembered what he'd said to Mei about the house being a double edged sword. He was entirely unaware how right he was now.

STATUS: ALL STUDENTS/ HUNTERS gain an extra Fear/ charged attack turn. Hunters don't need to charge up their attacks to use them.  
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm
Gale, for his part, had had Mei in his thoughts since he had found and attacked her at the Haunted House - though his thoughts on the creature were vastly different from the ones her boyfriend was thinking. Where Bul's thoughts were of anger and vindication, Gale's were twisted in that horrible, dark place somewhere between pain and frustration.

"Figure it out fast!" She had smacked him on the shoulder, her eyes fierce. "Wait too long, and you may find its too late."

Gale closed his eyes.

Standing on the porch of the Haunted House again, he looked at the splintered, dusty wood front door and gave a small sigh, reaching up a hand to idly rub at the back of his neck. Jinhai was already summoned, held loosely at his side, his finger on the trigger in an automatic position. Try as he might, he could not seem to get Mei's - the creature's words out of his mind. They reverberated there, resounded back and forth in his thoughts.

"For Jack's sake..If you can't choose for yourself what you must do, then just do it already! Go ahead! I have no reason to fight someone who doesn't even know where he stands in this pathetic little war we have going on."

She was, at least, right about one thing - that he was pathetic. Even he knew that, and it was why he was back here again - or at least, part of the reason why. The other half of him had no clue, and Jinhai, though supportive, had been rather frustrated with him as well, trying to get him to understand his own thoughts.

But even his own thoughts were turning against him - and two steps into the Haunted House, and it turned against him as well.

Unknowingly, he experienced relatively the same thing as Bul had, the walls shifting around him, the floor trembling beneath his feet, and then, quite suddenly, he was dropped down into a mess of hot sand a sunset sky.

The sand was much too familiar. It reminded Gale of The Incident, and he pushed himself to his feet, even as Jinhai was shouting in his head that there was someone else here, someone who was not a Hunter like himself.

Gale turned his head. His eyes fell on a creature, standing some distance away - a red and brown smear against the purple orange horizon behind him.

<< I don't know what he is, but...he seems strong. And he looks familiar somehow... >>

Mmm.

"Good evening," said Gale.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:37 pm
A softened voice and surge of change in the energy alerted Bul to the hunter's arrival. His tail lifted slowly as the wind picked up, the webs between his spines slowly rippling like flags.

"Good evening," it had said. Bul narrowed his eyes and began to make slow, threat-less steps towards the shorter human. Wait a second, he thought as his eyes adjusted after the sand settled once more. I don't ******** believe it.. The irony of who showed his face just.. even if it WASN'T Gale, Bul would LOVE to show the little trigger happy human a good time. And NOT that kind of good time, unfortunately.

"Who... are you? Haven't I seen you... before?" he asked between steps, still showing no signs of agitation. Inside though he could feel his energy pulsating, wanting badly to fight as his target just willed itself into this vast realm. Bul knew very well that Halloween law prohibited the killing of humans. When faced with Stacey.. he could not bring himself to find any JOY or bemusement out of deliberating his fate. It was fun for the brief moment, the adrenaline of actually winning and the excitement of setting up a trap. This of course was no trap for Gale.

This was only purely mano y mano.

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Gale tilted his head, his face expressionless as he scrutinized the creature in front of him. Jinhai was right - he did look somewhat familiar, but for the life of him Gale could not figure out why that was.

He settled for a shrug in reply, eyes flickering to the creature's tail briefly before moving back up to his face.

"Perhaps," he said quietly. "I don't recall a particular incident, but it's very likely we've seen each other before. Hunters and Halloween creatures seem to cross paths frequently - I've spent much too much time in such crosses."

The glowing magenta sky reminded him of Mei, of the anger in her voice when she had yelled at him. He did not even know her, and he obviously did not trust her, but even now her words were coming back to haunt him.

His head hurt.

"I'm sorry, though," said Gale, still in the same quiet voice. He lifted the rifle, pointing it directly at the creature. "For not greeting you properly, that is."

He pulled the trigger.

Bang.

User Image

[ HP: 50/50
Damage: 4
Charge: 1/3 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-20)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 pm
Civil talk with a hunter? Fat chance. But how could Gale not remember him? He KNEW this was the little boil that shot him in he damn rear-end twice. How could that little squirt not remember Unstabul Itches the half-beast?

And then the boy fired from his gun. "HEY!" he barked angrily as he felt it graze his arm, wincing and letting his spines stand on end. Bul now crouched into a fighting position.

"You know you may think we Halloween folk are just wild, stupid creatures but I damn well know that is not a proper greeting." Poor Bul really was interested in who this boil was. That way he would know how hard to go on him. The monster boil started to kick up some sand making a mad dash towards the human hunter and swinging his tail around to slap him in the side.

"So why don't you give me a real greeting and tell me who. you are." A name, that's all he wanted.

HP: 46/50
Dmg: 4

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:08 pm
The tail caught him off guard, and Gale felt it slam into his side, letting out a gasp. His fingers grappled on the gun, holding it tightly so as to not lose his grip, and he rubbed at his ribs, wincing a little.

"I never said that you were stupid," he said, straightening and looking the creature dead in the eyes. "I've never once thought that you were stupid."

And this was true, for the most part. Perhaps a few of them were less intelligent, but the reason they had survived this long was not because of pure luck.

Nobody could last on luck alone, after all. His gaze flickered back to the creature's face, debating his answer. Inside his head, Jinhai stirred a little, and Gale could almost feel the frustration curling off of the dragon.

<< You're really worrying me lately. This isn't like you. >>

Then what is?

There was silence. Gale lifted the rifle again, readying another shot.

"My name is Gale Gentry."

User Image

[ HP: 46/50
Damage: 5
Charge: 2/3 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-20)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 pm
Bul wasn't about to just start digging in to this hunter. Not until he squeezed a name out. "I know this. But you hunters have always been holding this air of nobility like we're scum of the earth. s**t's hard to ignore when your overzealous leaders are always trying to take a bigger bite out of Halloween.." he hissed before lurching back in recoil to the raised gun.

He was about to say something else important when two particular words, as if they were uttered by Mei herself, left the human's mouth.

"Gale.. Gentry..." he repeated quietly.. slowly. It was too slow in fact that he took a bullet to the kn- shoulder. "GRRHHHG-" he rattled out, his hair even starting to bristle just slightly. "I can't ******** believe.. what you did to Mei-" he uttered to himself quietly before rearing his head up to roar, signifying his next charge.

HP: 41/50
Dmg: 3

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 9 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 pm
"Ah," said Gale, as though this was an acceptable explanation of things seen from the Halloween's point of view. He couldn't deny that some of the more zealous leaders were just as this creature was describing, but it felt strange, hearing it from the opposite side of things.

Scum of the earth. Is that what I think?

But apparently his name had had some sort of effect - in a bad way. The creature's expression was one of utter anger, his eyes wild, and Gale swung the rifle around, pressing the butt of the gun against his shoulder as he fired off yet another shot.

"...what you did to Mei - "

Gale's eyes widened, his finger hesitating on the trigger. Something passed over his face, very briefly, before his expression shifted back into an inscrutable one.

"...you know Mei, then," he said quietly. "And by that...passionate reaction...I would assume that you're close."

User Image

[ HP: 43/50
Damage: 8
Charge: 3/3 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:03 pm
Ugh.. this smelly boy was really talented with that gun. Bul knew that and there was no question that without it, the human was nothing. Bul was definitely something without weapons. He was a Monster, a half beast. And a proud one at that.

"I do," he said then started to feel a fleeting burst of FEAR around him, making an attempt at his Nosebleed Barrier. "You practically shattered my ghoulfriend-" he shuddered angrily where he stood but took no immediate measures to attack. Instead, a wall of red, bloody snot rushed up from beneath him and solidified into a magnificent barrier in which he stood behind defensively. Try to break through that, Jinhai.

"I came here looking for Gale Gentry and luckily enough- here you are."

HP: 33/50
Dmg: NONE, Bul is using Y2 Barrier it is a Success! Negate all dmg next turn!  
kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 8 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:30 pm
The bullets did not hit Bul - instead a rush of red liquid shot up around the creature, surrounding him and causing Gale's shots to merely hit the makeshift shield and dissipate.

"Your girlfriend, then," said Gale, and closed his eyes briefly, shaking his head as though trying to clear it of the thoughts that were reverberating back and forth within his head. The practically that he had said meant that she was still alive, which didn't really surprise him. Halloween creatures were not exactly easy to kill, after all.

Then why was it that he felt almost...relieved that she was all right?

i]Almost, he told himself. Almost. It's not as if I care for her.

And he didn't - not at all. But there was something else, something he was unsure of. Maybe it was the fact that Mei's words had managed to somehow get into his head, under his skin.

I'm not supposed to think like this. So why am I?

"I'm sorry about your girlfriend," said Gale in a low voice, his eyes tracing the red barrier in front of him. "She was...strong. She fought hard."

User Image

[ HP: 43/50
Damage: NEGATED
Charge: 3/3 ]

[ I think Bul still takes the 8 damage from the last round, since the Barrier prevents what's coming next, not after the attack? O: ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 11 4-sided dice: 2, 2, 4, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4 Total: 27 (11-44)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 pm
The standoff continued as Gale shot through the barrier until it was no longer stable enough to hold itself up. Before it would crumble though, Bul could be seen pacing behind it, clearly conjuring up something.

"She's very strong. I wouldn't doubt she held her own. Yet you still couldn't let her make an escape.. you had to really put the hurt on her.." he said disappointingly. "Thank Jack she made it.. but that wasn't going to stop me from finding you and just giving you a piece of my mind-" Bul raised his voice at the next bit as his body started to quiver, finally thrashing down the barrier as he began to grow larger, his back arching as his figure started to kick up dust and red slime. His skin turned charcoal black and scaly, revealing his natural form in which he'd fought the hunter with before.

His tail lashed behind him, twice as long as before and dripping from him was that same material that was made from the barrier. This time though, he'd fashioned them as hurdling objects, kicking and thrashing at the pool of red to toss them at the hunter. Through his gums purred a threatening growl, the skin above his teeth quivering. The monster couldn't speak to the hunter in this form... but it didn't take a rocket scientist to know what he was feeling.

HP: 33/50 (I did take the 8 damage originally, silly xDDD)
Dmg: 12.5
Using Swift Srikes Y3

kuropeco rolled 8 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4 Total: 16 (8-32)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:13 am
It didn't take a genius to see that he was not going to get off lightly. Even as Gale was taking a step back away from the creature he knew he wasn't going to escape the attack and all he could do was throw his hands up to block his face, riding it out until the end. They sliced against his skin, through his clothes, and Gale gritted his teeth, waiting until it was all over. He had dropped down to one knee, breathing heavily, and looked up at the creature with a pained expression. His hair was sticking wetly do his forehead, and he brushed it aside, away from his eyes.

<< Gale? >>

Give me...a second.

"It's not like she didn't give me a piece of her own mind," said Gale quietly, each word punctuated with a long, weary breath. Mei's words, always there, had echoed in every thought since their fight.

Am I just half-assing this? What happened to my motivation, my reasoning, my drive?

What happened to me?

But he knew the answer, even if he didn't want to admit it to himself.

<< Gale. >> Jinhai's voice sounded almost strained. The ice was creeping up the barrel of the gun now, cold and sharp through the gloves Gale was wearing. He lifted the rifle and pointed it at Bul, pulling the trigger and letting loose a volley of ice encrusted bullets.

User Image

[ HP: 29/50
Damage: 13
Charge: 0/3 ]

[ HI WOW I'M SORRY I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THE HP I'M SORRY OTLLLLL just ignore me /herpaderp ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 11 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 3 Total: 26 (11-44)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 am
FEAR was echoing off the tall jagged quartz, reflecting in their eyes and on the sheen on Jinhai as she began to show her marvelous potential. Bul in natural form had made himself into an enormous target and for an attack that he would regret facing head on. The shards of ice impaled his face and the beast reared its head back violently as the onslaught continued. Ice now laced his contour while he faced Gale and his form once more began to shiver and condense until he was stuck in a sort of half-way point between humanoid and godzilla beast thing.

Bul glared at him jarringly as he fought to get the ice out of his skin, finding bits of FEAR had leaked their way from his wounds. Did Gale know that he was cold blooded or was it just a lucky coincidence? Either way, it disturbed the boil. Eventually though he was able to return to his comfortable range and knelt down in the sand beside one of the quartz stones.

"Gale let me ask you something. You have a ghoulfriend? Or.. girlfriend, if that's what you called it earlier." Bul's voice was surprisingly calm, genuine even. A little too calm considering he began to bleed from his nose and ears. As the fluid dripped he put his hand to his nose to see there was blood then slowly looked up with a look of terror. A fake one of course as he simply started LAUGHING when it got worse and again he began to kick up the bloody snot once more.

"You let me know when you're done with this and I'll help you to the door, hunter-" he sneered.

HP: 20/50
DMG: 11.5 (12)
Using my second Y3 Swift Strikes attack! Bonus will no long apply to me after this***
Remaining FEAR attacks: Battle Cry

((I think that's how the status effect of the room works, correct?))  
kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 am
He could feel Jinhai curling up in his mind, trying to rejuvenate himself after the last attack, but it would take several more shots to get his charge back.

Gale did not have the luxury of waiting.

The creature's second attack blasted him off of his feet, Gale once more throwing his hands up to protect his face. He was too slow on the uptake this time, however, and several of the blood red bullets sliced against his face. He flinched, dropping back down to his knees again, his breathing heavy.

"No," he said, when he had managed to get some air back into his lungs, and looked up at the creature, his face a mask of pain that he did not try to conceal. "I don't...have a girlfriend."

He closed his eyes briefly. A face flashed in front of him, then disappeared when he opened them again.

"But I do have a girl that I...care about," he said, a bit hoarsely.

User Image

[ HP: 17/50
Damage: 3
Charge: 1/3 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pepzilla rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-20)

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 pm
Every now and hen the sand blew in such a density that it turned the horizon a dark brown. Bul hadn't noticed until the boil attacked again. A moment of resemblance to the canyon just about half a year ago had the monster stirred with emotion. He lowered his head to Gale then paced a little to the left. Then to the right.

"And I'd imagine finding that someone battered and bruised would disturb you too.." he added, sounding rather anxious now as if he'd reached a breaking point. "But for what. ********. Reason-" his voice cracked, "-would you do it? I'm sure Mei didn't rip your someone apart like she does her dolls right? I mean-" Again Bul started to laugh, his posture growing crooked again. "You understand I'm looking for you to make it even right?" With a sudden turn of his head a crack could be heard. "That's all I want. You could be- you could be a reaper for all I cared, you just happen to be a weapon-wielding human."

Way to point out the obvious, Bul.

"See I bet you would do the same, wouldn't you?" Suddenly Bul leaped forwards this time not attacking with FEAR but going all out Melee and attempting a punch to the boil's face.

HP: 17/50
Dmg: 3

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas