Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Anime, Manga & More
Arrietty, ********

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Secret World of Arrietty
  I've seen it!
  I haven't...
  You mean The Borrower Arrietty? Saw it months ago, dude
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 pm
Why is there no topic about this film yet? I can't be the only one who's seen it. Look, I even made a picture about it: http://cheezburger.com/5867840768

I saw it. Thought it was great. Got the soundtrack. Also awesome. Makes me happy inside. Go see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:24 pm
i wanted to see it so bad. T^T
but i never got around to it and the i believe the theater near me wasn't planning it.

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:30 pm
This is sadness...it reminds me of when I wanted to see Scott Pilgrim and the theater near me stopped showing it after a week or two. It made me resort to torrenting it. Of course, I eventually bought the DVD, but it's still the principle of it.

I hope you get to see it soonish. The DVD comes out next month!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 am
GoldDiggingWhore
This is sadness...it reminds me of when I wanted to see Scott Pilgrim and the theater near me stopped showing it after a week or two. It made me resort to torrenting it. Of course, I eventually bought the DVD, but it's still the principle of it.

I hope you get to see it soonish. The DVD comes out next month!

That sucks, Scott Pilgrim is awesome. My boyfriend and I managed to go and see it. I felt a bit strange being in the cinema with so many normal non-nerds however. I don't think they got the humour as well. I believe someone up and left when Mattew Pattel started his song. mrgreen

As for Arrietty, I thought it was amazing. The colours are always so vibrant in Miyazak movies, and I remember getting so excited over the fact that they'd done the research into how tiny drops of water would look and react to surface tension. (Geek sweatdrop ) I'm always a little sad that Miyazak's stuff seems to end just when another part of the story could be told. I know its an interesting way of telling stories to leave them with more to go, but I generally like all my loose ends tied up. Also I would have loved to have seen more relationship development between Arrietty and Spiller.

The end theme is beautiful, whether you listen to it in French or Japanese. I caved and got the Japanese one from Itunes.  

Meridot

Posessed Pup

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm
Chianne
That sucks, Scott Pilgrim is awesome. My boyfriend and I managed to go and see it. I felt a bit strange being in the cinema with so many normal non-nerds however. I don't think they got the humour as well. I believe someone up and left when Mattew Pattel started his song. mrgreen

As for Arrietty, I thought it was amazing. The colours are always so vibrant in Miyazak movies, and I remember getting so excited over the fact that they'd done the research into how tiny drops of water would look and react to surface tension. (Geek sweatdrop ) I'm always a little sad that Miyazak's stuff seems to end just when another part of the story could be told. I know its an interesting way of telling stories to leave them with more to go, but I generally like all my loose ends tied up. Also I would have loved to have seen more relationship development between Arrietty and Spiller.

The end theme is beautiful, whether you listen to it in French or Japanese. I caved and got the Japanese one from Itunes.

I'd never thought of it that way before, but you've got a point about Miyazaki plot-lines. I hope Ni No Kuni doesn't end like that, because that would drive me crazy (I should probably start playing it soon >.>). And SPEAKING of water, I loved the way they animated the water in Ponyo, especially when Ponyo was running on it like Sonic the hedgehog.

The soundtrack is so great. I actually imported it from Japan before it came out here because I loved it so much ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Chianne

I'd never thought of it that way before, but you've got a point about Miyazaki plot-lines. I hope Ni No Kuni doesn't end like that, because that would drive me crazy (I should probably start playing it soon >.>). And SPEAKING of water, I loved the way they animated the water in Ponyo, especially when Ponyo was running on it like Sonic the hedgehog.

The soundtrack is so great. I actually imported it from Japan before it came out here because I loved it so much ^_^

You know, I still haven't actually seen Ponyo! I best get my act in gear.

Spirited Away ends in a way I'm happy with, but Kiki's Delivery Service left me going "Bwh?" and I felt that even Mononoke wasn't tied up as much as I'd would have liked. Still he is freaking incredible storyteller.

What's your favourite of his?

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Laputa, Castle in the Sky. I'm thinking about getting the robot tattooed on me somewhere.  

Meridot

Posessed Pup

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 am
Chianne

Spirited Away ends in a way I'm happy with, but Kiki's Delivery Service left me going "Bwh?" and I felt that even Mononoke wasn't tied up as much as I'd would have liked. Still he is freaking incredible storyteller.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Laputa, Castle in the Sky. I'm thinking about getting the robot tattooed on me somewhere.

I think my favorite would have to be Howl's Moving Castle. Hard to say why...I just really connected with the main character and I I thought her whole inward/outward transformation thing was really great in a symbolic way. That and Billy Crystal/Christian Bale in the English version were awesome choices~

Next Studio Ghibil film to come out in America is From Up on Poppy Hill on March 29! Looking forward to it ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Chianne

I think my favorite would have to be Howl's Moving Castle. Hard to say why...I just really connected with the main character and I I thought her whole inward/outward transformation thing was really great in a symbolic way. That and Billy Crystal/Christian Bale in the English version were awesome choices~

Next Studio Ghibil film to come out in America is From Up on Poppy Hill on March 29! Looking forward to it ^_^

I love Howl's Moving castle. I read the book of it when I was a child and then completely forgot about it. When I was in the cinema watching the movie I had the greatest sense of deja vu, it freaked me out till I twigged I'd read the book. You should check it out if you haven't already.

Sophie is awesome. I do love how strong and interesting the women characters in Miyazaki's films are.  

Meridot

Posessed Pup

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 pm
Chianne

I like ponyo. Although it is very obvious it was written for a much younger audience it still has most of the elements that you would want in one of his films.

Also how have I not posted in here emo must have happened when I was living at sea emo

But yeah I saw it ages ago and thought it was really well done ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:32 pm
Watched it again tonight for le anniversary heart  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100