Pilotwings Resort
  Nintendogs
  Ocarina of Time
  Super Mario 3D Land
  Mario Kart 7
  Resident Evil: Revelations
  Metal Gear Solid 3D
  Kid Icarus Uprising
  Other (I can only make ten options sorry)
View Results

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:47 pm
As of March 27, the 3DS has been out in North America for one year. Despite having a "weak" launch (in a perfect world where every other console had a stellar launch), within one year there is already a wide variety of games.

This thread is for discussing your favorite parts of the Nintendo 3DS so far, as well as upcoming parts that you are excited for. Do you think the system is doing well?

Personally, I think this thing is destroying the DS at the same phase in its life cycle, and it's only continuing to get great games. Launch wasn't fantastic, but Pilotwings and Street Fighter IV are both solid titles that came out on day one, and since the fall the library has just kind of been blossoming. I think the DS at this point in its life had Wild World and Mario Kart DS. Dare to compare.

My two favorite games:

-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Resident Evil: Revelations  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 am
It's beating the DS, but I wouldn't say it's knocking it out of the water. Without the price-drop it would still be lagging behind a great deal, but the DS didn't have great titles until about a year into its lifecycle either, and I'd say the 3DS's are better.

I still don't get how people thought it was too much. It seems like a hive-mind thing where it was announced at 250 and everyone latched onto that as a reason to not buy it. Nintendo said "******** that noise" and lowered it an unbelievable eighty ******** dollars and now it's doing awesome. But seriously, are these the people spending three times as much on smartphones and s**t? The PSP was too much for me in 2004 at 250 because I was a poor kid and that was more money then. 250 isn't bad and the 3DS is really worth it. The free content alone on it has been awesome and it's a very capable machine, despite some of my early worries.

It's got a ridiculous lineup and I'm not even sure what anyone has to say about the 3DS that IS negative. It's powerful, it's compact, it has good online play and support as well as good third party support.

Mario, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus have all been so awesome and that's just in the first year, which admittedly, had a rocky start, but we've still got Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario and Animal Crossing coming this year, too. The eshop's got the best support of any online platform Nintendo's had, and it's seeming to continue to be that way. Streetpass functionality is being updated faster than it can be completed and the whole machine is just awesome.

blah blah blah i like my 3DS.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:50 am
Meta_Fish
are these the people spending three times as much on smartphones and s**t?

I'm not defending it, but to be fair, I've done a lot more gaming on my Android than on my 3DS.

And I mean gaming, like emulating NES, SNES, N64, GB, and GBA. Not that Angry Birds nonsense.

Both are awesome, but overall I do think my phone has been a better investment.
Of course, those games coming out this year definitely might sway my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 am
I still need to get 3D land. Perhaps for my birthday.

Anyway... I still need to see more of Luigi's Mansion 2. That could be a huge disappointment or GoTY.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:14 am
Nomega
Meta_Fish

I'm not defending it, but to be fair, I've done a lot more gaming on my Android than on my 3DS.

And I mean gaming, like emulating NES, SNES, N64, GB, and GBA. Not that Angry Birds nonsense.

Fair enough, but if you look at it like that, every console ever is going to be beat out by the PC. Especially when you consider that most of the best apps on smart phones were already free flash games on Newgrounds.

In terms of new and legitimate software, the 3DS pretty much beats any smart phone hands down.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 pm
Nomega
Meta_Fish

Don't you get annoyed by having to use a touch screen controller? I can't imagine playing anything other than like, RPGs on my phone and it not sucking horribly. Even just for older games, I'd never pick my phone over my 3DS.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:57 pm
Jaycorn
Don't you get annoyed by having to use a touch screen controller? I can't imagine playing anything other than like, RPGs on my phone and it not sucking horribly. Even just for older games, I'd never pick my phone over my 3DS.

Nah, it's not that bad. The only trouble I've ever had is with N64 games, and even most of those like Mario and Zelda control just fine.

Waynebrizzle
Fair enough, but if you look at it like that, every console ever is going to be beat out by the PC. Especially when you consider that most of the best apps on smart phones were already free flash games on Newgrounds.

In terms of new and legitimate software, the 3DS pretty much beats any smart phone hands down.

Well, yeah. I would say that the PC beats consoles.
When it comes to new games, I would agree with you, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:11 pm
me not havin one lul. but seriously a lot of the titles look good for a handheld. i'm still biding my time for monster hunter to come out in the US o the 3DS. they said no for the PSP title so that was a downer.  

Xilo The Odd

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am
There's so many good games.

Resident Evil Revelations and Tales of the Abyss are probably my favorite right now.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:37 pm
My favorite part of the 3ds? Ocarina of Time smile  

Finnn the Human

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm totally broke, so no MK7 for meeee.
;-;

As of the year anni of the 3DS, I've only had mine for a month.
I was holding out for pink, and picked up the Nintendogs bundle.
It's not really a game, but I love Swapnote, lol.
I'm looking forward to Animal Crossing the most.
Also, omg, Monster Hunter. I want my dual swords.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 pm
My 3DS? I didn't get mine until Black Friday, and naturally I got the Zelda 3DS that came out that day. =u=

Honestly, I love the thing. It's got internet and the free things on the eShop are good quality. My favorite is Swapnote. I became friends with someone and we keep in touch using that.

Also, I must add: Ocarina of Time 3D is amazing. >w<  

Jennalaia

Salty Sleuth

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 pm
Caramel Kisses

I'm totally broke, so no MK7 for meeee.
;-;

As of the year anni of the 3DS, I've only had mine for a month.
I was holding out for pink, and picked up the Nintendogs bundle.
It's not really a game, but I love Swapnote, lol.
I'm looking forward to Animal Crossing the most.
Also, omg, Monster Hunter. I want my dual swords.

Ya know, we might not see Monster hunter again over here until the fourth one, which is also going to be a 3DS game. 3G however has no online, which makes it a lot less likely to see much success here. So, if Capcom localizes it, I'll be genuinely surprised. I think the window for that announcement has kinda passed, though. At the least it's incredibly unlikely by now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:44 pm
I actually think I enjoy MK7 a little bit more than KIU. Just barely.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces