What exactly is Tarot?

[tar-oh, ta-roh]
A set of 72 cards featuring two arcanas (The Major Arcana and The Minor Arcana) now mainly used for divination.

There are novels and novels written about the use of tarot cards and so many different kinds of tarot! Tarot is chock full of strong symbolism, so choosing a deck that contains symbolism that you feel towards and understand is a strong key to fully being able to interpret your cards.

Tarot does not discern a concrete future. The main purpose of tarot is to help you understand situations in your life you don't consciously understand. The cards will bring up past experiences contributing to the present, clarify the present situation, and discern the future based on the progression of past and present. Every future can be worked towards, or changed if desired. Do not ever allow a "bad reading" (as they are called by some) discourage you or frighten you. If you dislike a future, change what is needed in your life for a better one.

A variety of spreads exist for purposes beyond future telling. You will find a friend in tarot, and I personally personify my cards. Care for them well, your spiritual connection give them life and a personality! If you neglect your cards, you will find yourself getting confusing and inaccurate readings sooner than later.

In this forum I will describe the tarot decks I use in particular as well as some others. A variety of spreads will be listed for your use, as well as techniques for caring for your cards. Techniques I use of course, as well as alternate techniques others have published. It is important to use your intuition in picking the proper method of care for your cards. Expect to see other information in this forum as well appropriate to the subject.

Happy divining!

~:
Falli. ;;