Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:54 am
After attempting to lay down to relax after a long day in the lab and training, Rory finally gave up on going to sleep early and pulled on a pair of sleep pants and a loose t-shirt. Even though he was tired, his body was too energized to sleep just yet.

He decided to go downstairs to the rec room to see if he could find something to watch on the television or maybe a movie. Once he got into the room, he put the kettle on to make some tea for himself and went to inspect the dvd collection to see what was available.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am
The... change in room mate had led to some rather interesting experiences lately and tonight, Tambrey just wanted to postpone such an incident for as long as possible.
The work day had been pretty normal, long, and she was sure that, at one point, the exact equipment she had put away after washing had come back dirty within half an hour.
After work had been a somewhat harrowing attempt to prepare and secure some time slots to use equipment for her Ponyta experiment; she still didn't have proper confirmation for everything that she wanted to use, but it was, at least, looking doable now.
Of course, the first stage was practically high school science, but it was no good without the more sophisticated tubes and machinery that would keep the growing clone stable and alive in later development.
Instead of remaining in the room for long once she'd gotten off from duty, she had changed quickly and ventured out to the rec' rooms.
She could either read, play or watch something there.
The grunt wasn't too surprised to find someone else in the room, but she seemed pleased to see someone she knew.
"Hey," She smiled a greeting as she entered, peering a little to see which titles he was looking at. "Movie night?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am
As he scanned the selection, Rory pulled out a few cases and stacked them beside him. Some of them he had seen before, others he hadn't, and some that sounded too hilarious not to, at least, read the back cover of. By the time he was done, he had three small stacks near him.

As he was reading the back of a dvd case for a movie entitled "Frankenfish" and wondering who decided the premise would make a good movie, he heard someone speak as they walked into the room.

The blond grinned when he realized it was someone he recognized. "I figured it was better than hanging out in my room. Wanna join me?" he motioned to cases he had surrounded himself with.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:28 pm
"Arceus yes." She sounded very sure. "I need a break from fires and noises and spontaneous... pontificating right as sleep is supposed t' be happening..."
Tambrey crossed to the cupboard, getting herself a cup out for tea and noted the kettle had already been boiled, but didn't seem as hot as she liked.
She flicked the switch to reboil the water.
"So, what are we watching and... how'd y' take your tea?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:40 pm
Rory chuckled slightly but cringed at her description. "Roommate not working out so well?" He was glad he didn't have to share his room yet, or at least hadn't met whoever was supposed to be his roommate.

He put the weird fish movie away and looked around him at the selections he had found. "It depends. Action, horror, or supposed to be horror but is actually comedy? And lots of sugar, no milk please."  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:03 pm
"Eh, about as well as a," She looked down, she was making tea so why not "chocolate teapot."
Tambrey shook her head.
"I don't suppose you know anyone trying to get rid of old cupboards and/or tables, do you?"
She put in three spoonfuls of sugar, considering it to be 'a lot' and then stirred the cup before making her own.
"Hm. As f'r movies; that last option might be good depending on what we've got... Well, any might, but y'know, depends what's there."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:14 pm
Rory looked at her oddly at the comparison and shook his head. "I'd say it could be worse, but I'd probably be wrong on that count. And no, I don't. Sorry."

He looked through the smallest of the three stacks. "Well there's some zombie movie called House of the Dead, Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus, and Shark Attack 3."

He motioned to the biggest stack. "Or there's Iron Man, Thor, Stealth, GI Joe...."  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 pm
"Oh, I'm sure it could be worse and might even get worse... If you do hear anything about furniture, let me know? Twinkle's kind of... acquired mine and it's just a lot less energy to get him his own then argue with him about it; again anyway."
Tambrey considered the options.
"Zombies... Hrm. Maybe." She didn't sound so sure. "I've seen, uh, most of that Octopus one... I can imagine what a film called 'Shark Attack 3' is going to be like, I'm sure..." She smirked.
The teas made, she moved over and offered Rory's out.
"Careful, 's hot. Uh. I've never seen GI Joe so I guess that's a maybe, but I've seen Stealth; not all that bothered over watching it again. Ironman and Thor are both pretty good; seen them too, but I certainly don't mind watching them again."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:49 pm
Rory took the cup on tea from her and stated his thanks. "If I hear anything, I'll let you know." He blew on the hot liquid and took a sip before standing up.

He looked at the covers of the first three as he set the cup on the table near the couch. "Yeah I'm sure those would go oh so well," he replied sarcastically with a grin.

"I got to see Iron Man when it came out but I haven't seen Thor yet, so maybe that one?" he asked as he put away the other movie cases.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:25 pm
"Sounds good to me." Tambrey grinned, setting her own cup down and taking her own seat on the couch. "Actually, I'll admit, 's probably my favourite 'f the two, though it's certainly nothing against Stark by any stretch..."

She smiled and sat back after taking a quick sip of her tea.
"Hm. I'm pretty glad I came down here now. Y'know I think I ended washing the same beakers twice in an hour earlier; 't was a bit of a busy day and I needed a wind down. Good company's a bonus."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm
Rory turned the television and dvd player on before inserting the disk. He looked over the back of the case as he walked over to take a seat on the couch.

"Hardly anything beats out Tony Stark," he replied as he sat the dvd case next to his cup and leaned back. "I'm curious to see how much of the mythology they used in Thor though."

Rory pulled his sock clad feet underneath him as the piracy warnings came on the screen. "Yeah today was crazy. It's nice to relax and hang out with friends after they run us ragged."  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:29 am
"Uh. Well they have their own spin on it, but I bet you'll be a bit surprised by what they've done with it. Probably pleasantly." She smirked a little at the piracy warnings.
"Clearly not intended for this team..." She muttered, amused. "Oh! Uh, I put in the forms to get us access to, well, at least one of the pods. I bet it'll be one of the older models if at all, but at least, I think, we've got a chance at doing this now."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:50 am
While the ads played through, Rory went over to find something for them to snack on during the movie. "You want some popcorn?"

"That's great!" he exclaimed when she gave him the update about the project. "Yeah, I don't see them letting us play with their newest equipment yet."  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:00 am
Tea and popcorn.
That, she thought with a smirk, certainly wasn't the oddest combination she'd ever ingested, but still it struck her that it might be considered a bit strange.
"Uh, sure. Please. 'S long as it's not that toffee stuff they do." She replied "Toffee's good, popcorn's alright but have you tasted them together? Way too sickly."
She mused on the experiment, keeping an eye on the ad's; she liked watching the adverts on these, even if she'd already seen, or wasn't interested, in the films advertised; some sort of attraction to routine, perhaps.
"Obviously not, but still a chance, if we get it, is really good if we get access to even the basics 'f what we need."
The dark haired grunt leaned forward to sip her tea, considering the screen in front of her.
"I'd let Palu out for this but I doubt she'd appreciate this film; 'm sure a few of the others would, but I'm hesitant t' let them out and get them all over-excited before bed time..." She mused, seemingly out of nowhere, though perhaps an ad had prompted it.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 pm
"Alright, I don't care much for that kind myself," Rory searched to see what kind, if any, popcorn was in the food area. "White cheddar alright with you?"

He brought the bag over with him to the couch along with the regular kind just in case. "I don't see why they wouldn't. Besides it would potentially save them from having to train us themselves."

Rory looked at her curiously at the mention of the pokemon but nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's not fun trying to get them calmed down again. I know Pinkie can be a handful if she gets too riled up before bed."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff