Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply Lil' Ria Bag (The creative Corner)
Wings of Prophecy (A story not involving ria)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TaiBaiWong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:33 am
Well I decided to put my story writting up for everyone to see. It's about my RP character Darius and well...you'll find out what happens as it goes along. I hope I get many comments from all you in Ria and I will post up chapters when I can(have 6 right now)

Chapter 1

Dark times have fallen on the world. War has come to the courtry of Syrana. Humans are now locked in combat with the northern territories.
We elves rarely care about the petty conflicts of man but this war does concern us all. For if the northern territorries succeed in killing all in Syrana. All that once was will be lost.
Our salvation will rely on one man's shoulders. One who will save us all from the certain doom that surrounds us like a black cloud. Darius, it all comes down to you and your companions...

Darius was a slender boy, his hair was a muddy brown that was locked in messy curls, his eyes were a gentle shade of blue, he wore a simple white tunic and wore a plain brown hose. The clothes he wore showed wear and tear, what one would expect to see from someone who had been on a long journey. The intresting thing about Darius, above all things waas the two large wings on Darius's back.
The road down which he walked was mud covered. Darius slowly trudged through the muck heading towards the nearby town of Lyndar. Darius scratched the back of his head casually as he entered the town, preparing to take a look around.
Lyndar was a small harbour town down in the heart of Syrana. Darius noticed the dark looks that the villagers were giving him. He wasn't surprised at this. He was used to getting these reactions.
"That's the problem with this war," he thought, "If you don't look like a Syranian then your treated with suspicion."
It began to rain, slow heavy droplets hit the ground, the streets began to empty as fast as possible to get out of the rain. Darius watched them scurry into the nearby buildings. Darius was begining to get wet, but he was glad that all eyes were temporairly off of him, except for the odd stranger that decided that they could survive the rain. Darius took this moment to look for a nearby tavern.
Darius entered the tavern happy to find a warm dry place. The tavern was, surprisingly, rather empty, there were only a few patrons here and there. Darius walked to the inkeeper and smiled a light smile at him. The innkeeper didn't smile back.
Darius looked at the inkeeper nervously and asked, "Could you get me a hot meal?"
The innkeep nodded slightly and moved into the back room. Darius felt an unpleasent atmosphere around him. He looked behind him to see theat all eyes were on him, all showed looks of disaproval.
Darius turned back to face the bar, ignoring the watchful eyes of the other customers. He was used to the stares, he looked abnormal and he knew it and he hated it! Walking from town to town, never staying to long, it was always the same and those wings were the cause of it.
Two of the men who were watching Darius stood up and walked towards him, hateful expressions on their faces.
One of the men tapped Darius on the shoulder, "Hey you," the man said an obvious hint of gruffness in his voice.
Darius turned to face the two men, his expression was neutral, "Yes," Darius asked.
"Do you know about the war that's going on right now?"
"Yeah, yeah I do," Darius replied turning back to the bar.
The second man grabbed Darius's shoulder and turned him around.
"Then you know your kind doesn't belong here!" The first man threatened, both men motioning to their swords.
"Well actually I'm-"
What happened then was a blur, the men did not let Darius finish his sentence. They drew thier long swords from thier sheaths and made ready to swing at the defenseless boy. The men noticed something was wrong when thier strike sailed over Darius's head. They looked down at him and noticed that they were now about three feet above ground. They stared at Darius in horror seeing that he had his hand out and was making them float to what was now at least seven feet higher than everyone else in the tavern.
Darius showed a serious look to the two men. They were just like the men he met at the last town and the town before that and the town before that. It angered him, he didn't want the wings he had, he didn't want any of that. Unfortunately he had them regardless if he wanted them or not.
"Get out!" said a voice behind him.
Darius turned his head slightly noticing that there was a sword right next to his neck, the arm attached to it was the innkeeper's.
"I said get out you monster!" the innkeeper's voice shouted.
Darius sighed, he thought it best to leave now. He stood up and walked towards the door. The people were silent as they stared at one of two things, the men who were still held up in the air, or the man who held them who had just reached the door. Darius let his grip on the two men go and let them crash to the floor with a thud, the men were all right but they still showed looks of horror on thier faces. Darius then walked out of the tavern leaving the patrons alone in the tavern.
Utter silence had fallen on the crowd, which showed looks ranging from fear to anger. There was one person in the crowd though who showed an entirely diffrent look; a look of intrigue. The figure was hooded so the only feature shown was the person's eyes, which were a shade of, of all things, bronze. The figure walked out of the crowd and followed the footsteps of the young boy and left the tavern.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:00 pm
Chapter 2

Darius was cold and wet. His face showed an irritable expression. The even that unfolded in the tavern was one of many similar incidents that have happened in his life.
"Why is it that I never am never able to get the chace of living in peace?" Darius thought to himself.
The rain from earlier had continued steadily, but Darius noticed something about the rain that seemed different than before. The rain stung as it fell down from the sky, eventually landing on Darius's body. Even the rain seemed to scorn him.
Through the rain Darius heard a voice calling out to him.
"Darius, " the voice said to him in an almost mystical voice.
Darius turned to where the sound came from to see a hooded figure standing alone in the muddy streets. Who was this person calling out to him and how did they know his name? Darius just stared at the stranger, not knowing whether or not he should answer.
"Darius," the voice called out to him again, " Follow my voice, for I request to speak with you."
The stranger turned and began to walk away from the boy, leaving Darius standing alone in the rain. Darius was so mystifyed, so inquisitive, that he began to follow this hooded figure. He caught up with the figure and walked beside it still wondering as to who this person might be.
"I am glad you have decided to follow me," the figure replied suddenly, still keeping it's mystical tone, "It proves that you are truely who I am seeking."
Darius was about to reply when the person stopped. Darius turned back to see that he was facing an inn similar to the one he was at before, but it seemed different. It was darker and it seemed to be shadier then the previous tavern and louder too.
"Follow me," the voice of the unknown entity replied as it walked into the alehouse.
Darius, not wishing to be left in the rain, followed the figure, keeping himself well aware of anything out of the ordinary, so he would be sure to avoid a reprise of the events that had happened previously. The smell of liquor was the first thing Darius noticed when he entered the building. The inn had considerably more customers most of them looked to be sailors, they certainly smeeled like sailors. There were some sailors singing drunkenly and brawling.
Darius just shook his head as he looked around, but at least no one was staring at him. He followed the figure to the varcounter. The barman, who looked as intimidating as the bar itself, spoke with the figure. The barman noded and pointed to a flight of stairs. The figure walked up the stairs with Darius close behind.
When they went to thier assigned room Darius was pleasantly surprised as to what he saw. The room was relatively large and felt warm. There were two small beds on the far right, a lit candle had been provided and was sitting on that same table. The most wonderful thing about this room, above everything else, was the window at the far wall, which overlooked the Sea of Lenda.
The entity sat down, looking at Darius.
"I would wish to speak with you."
Darius, not wishing to be rude took a seat at the table. Although there was candlelight, Darius was still unable to see the figures face. Darius was able to notice one thing however, the figure had bronze eyes, eyes which Darius had never seen before.
"Do you know about the northern war?" the figure asked, it's magestic voice returning.
Darius gave the figur a hard look, "I've heard of it."
"Then do you know about the current fortunes of the men of Syrana?"
"No...and if I did why is it any concern to me?"
"Have yo heard of the prophecey?"
Darius was frustrated, why was he being asked these questions? They were of little concern to him.
"No I have not heard of any prophecey."
"Then it is time you did."
I do not car about any damn prophecey!" Darius shouted.
"But you will Darius, you will."
Darius stared at the figure, his face full of suspicion, "Who are you?"
The figure said nothing, but two hands reached for a hood. In one swift motion the hood was removed.
Darius looked at the figure, his eyes wide.
Standing before him, was an elf...  

TaiBaiWong

TaiBaiWong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:55 am
Chapter 3

The lady elf that sat before Darius was nothing less than beautiful. Her hair was white but she looked much younger than that, maybe four years older than him. She had pale skin that looked to have a gentle quality to it. She also had those same bronze eyes that had been illuminated only a short while ago.
"Who," Darius started, his voice showing hints of shock and wonder, "Who are you?"
"My name is Seriphnia," the elf replied.
"Seriphnia?" Darius replied, "But what would an elf want from me."
"As I have stated before I was looking for you."
"Looking for me?"
"I told you about a prophecey, or rather, I'm going to tell you about a prophecy."
Darius stared at her. What was this prophecy that Seriphnia so desperately wished to speak with him about? Why did it concern him?
"There is an elven prophecey, that had been written many, many years ago. It spoke of a war with the northern kingdoms. The war would prove to be the end of all of mankind, but there is a glimmer of hope. This prophecey spoke of an individual, one who could save us from this certain doom that is apon us.
"But why would this concern me?"
"That individual, is you Darius."
Darius stared at the elf, not really sure if he wanted to belive the words she was saying to him. Why him? Why was he charged with such a task? How was he going to fufil this task when people thought that he was from the northern kingdoms, when he was not?
"Do not be worried. There will be others that follow you on your journey. You will not be alone. You will have the night to decide if you will follow me, but know this; the world as we know it will fall if you say no."
And with that, Seriphnia left the table and went to her bed, leaving Darius alone at the table contemplaiting on what she had told him.
Darius's face was screwed up in concentraition as his mind delt with his conflicitng emotions. He wanted to help Syrana and it's people, but what had Syrana ever done for him? Those wings of his never gave him any favours. He decided to sleep on his dilemma and find an answer in the morning.

That night Darius had a terrible dream; In this dream there was a woman who looked to be about his age, lying on the floor. She had long blond hair and deep green eyes. She wore no more than raags that had been patched up to form a makeshift dress. She looked very pale and looked to be near death. She reached out to him with her long arms, her eyes begging, no pleading to Darius.
"Please," the girl called to him weakly, "Please Darius. Help me..."
Darius stared at the girl for a moment and then saw something behind her. It was hidden in shadow, but he could see the outline of the monsterous creature. It was tall, muscular and had two horns on his head and small spikes on his shoulders. Once again eyes were the objecy of recognition, they were a bright red, they glowed in the dimness of his dream.
This creature pulled out from the darkness a long cruel looking sword and held it so that the sword point faced down towards the girl. Her face showed a look of fear, but she could not move. The sword-wielding shadow moved his sword upward and prepared to drop it down like a guillotine.
"Darius! Help me!" the girl screamed again in a panic.
Darius moved towards the girl, but it was too late. The sword fell, there was a blinding flash, a blood curdling scream, and then, nothing...

Darius's eyes shot open. He lifted himself up, he was sweating and his breath was heavy. The scream was still ringing in his ears. He was afraid and filled with a furious curiosity. What had happened to the girl? Who was she? Why did she appear in his dreams in the first place?
Darius surveyed his surroundings, he realized that he was back in the room. It was morning, the light from the sunrise peaked throught the window lighting up the room. Seriphnia was sitting at the table staring at the sunrise, her eyes gentle.
"So Darius," Seripnia began, "What is your decision?"
Darius paused looking down at his bed cover. All he could think about was the face of that poor girl from his dream. it was a face of agony. He coudn't let that happen. He wouldn't! His hands formed a fist as he looked up at Seriphnia's face, his eyes showing a look of determinaiton.
"I will follow you Seriphnia."
A small smile appeared on Seriphnia's face, "Very well, we make for the docks at noon hour."  
Lil' Ria Bag (The creative Corner)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games