Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Partner Problems

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shawn Darrow

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:13 pm
User ImageShadow didn't mind Rory. He thought him to be a really nice guy, even. Though the two had told each other that they looked forward to working together after the last raid, it was unlikely that neither of them had expected things to turn out like this.

When the two were told they had been assigned to each other as partners, things were bound to get rough. They both seemed more like loners, and, as partners often learned, familiarity bred contempt.

They were just dismissed from a superior's office after being given the news. It was just before lunchtime, however, giving the two plenty of time to communicate, complain about, and mull over their new partnership.

"...They said we needed to spend more time to get to know each other and learn our partner's habits." Shadow made a face. "Sounds like we're getting married or something. Arceus, and we have to stay in the same room, too? What kind of deal is that? That would make anyone hate their partner! It's why friends only stay friends until they live with each other!"

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 pm
Why, why, why, was running through Rory's head as the two left their superior's office. He liked Shadow, he did. He even risked his life to go on that raid to bring him, and the rest of the Rockets, back to base.

Just because the poor kid acted like he could use a little loosening up from time to time didn't mean Rory didn't like him.

He did remember admitting to wanting to work together with the younger man eventually. But partners? Really? What made them think this was going to work? First their decision to have him catch up a fellow grunt while on drugged up on pain medication, now this! Rory wasn't really sure their superiors were thinking clearly recently.

And he had to give up the extra space in his room for the kid to move in.

"Like we can't spend time together on our own? Isn't that what free time and training is for?" So Shadow was just as ticked off about their circumstances as he was. "Why do we have to be together all the time? Do they want us to kill each other?"  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Shawn Darrow

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:38 am
"My thoughts exactly," the teen groaned. "But I mean, we don't have to be together all the time, right?" he reasoned. "Sure, maybe we have to share a room, but it's not like we'll be spending much time there other than to sleep and stuff."

Not that Shadow slept much. It was why he took the night shift for hall monitoring duties. But Rory didn't need to know that just now - nor the fact that whenever the kid did manage to get some shut-eye, he usually ended up waking from a nightmare a few minutes later. But maybe this was a good thing.

"I usually have night shift work," he explained, opening the door to the cafeteria, "So you probably won't have to worry about me during then. Unless...you work at night too." He wasn't sure what sort of odd jobs Rory did the most as a grunt, come to think of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am
"Exactly," the young man replied. If they expected them to be by each others sides all the time, they had another thing coming.

Shadow had night work, Rory mostly worked days in the lab. Maybe this could work after all. He followed the teenager into the cafeteria.

"Most of the time I have day shifts down in the lab. The days I have of from there are typically spent cleaning in the mornings," he told him and grinned. "I guess we won't see each other much at all really."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Shawn Darrow

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:02 pm
"Guess not," Shadow agreed, returning a crooked smirk. "That still leaves a few issues, though. Mind if we discuss a few things? Maybe set up a few ground rules?" Headed toward the line that had formed to get lunch, the younger teen picked up a tray. "Like with pokemon, for instance. I try to keep most of them in their balls, but some don't have any. Like that Haunter that follows me around," he explained. "Might pop up in the room when you least expect it."

"And uh...Lindsay, my Jolteon, tends to treat the space under my bed as her personal den, so careful if you drop anything near there. She can be pretty vicious." Loading his tray with a little of everything, he scooted on down the line. "That said, I'll do everything I can to keep them from bothering you. Probably bring them with me when I go out. And if you have any pokemon with particular habits you think I should know about, might as well tell me now."

He looked thoughtful as he grabbed a drink. "Let's see...what else? Oh. Uh...I don't know about you, but I don't really invite people to the room. If we want to, though, maybe we should put a sign on the door to let the other know? Maybe that would be good if one of us is sleeping, too..."

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games